GB HOMEPAGE

80 Days finished

Posted By: aretha

80 Days finished - 03/25/07 09:12 AM

I'm worn out having just finished this great game. I was only on tourist mode but I had to work hard all through the game which I would never have completed without Magtro's excellent walkthrough. 80 Days has become an instant favourite - I felt so rewarded by the musical interludes at the end of most levels.

Now I'm going to chill out (I hope) with Runaway 2 while I wait for Destination Treasure Island and Ugly Prince Duckling to arrive
Posted By: Becky

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/25/07 01:24 PM

Hey aretha -- I agree, plenty of challenge in 80 Days, even on Tourist mode. (I can't imagine finishing it any other way, at least the first time through!)

I love the musical interludes too -- especially the first one.
Posted By: jldcat

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/25/07 06:04 PM

I have this game but am sadly unable to play it because of my graphics card. I am keeping it though for when I upgrade so it's nice to see that people really enjoyed it.
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/25/07 06:47 PM

I just pulled mine off the shelf. I have never played it. I just have 2 disc in the box. Was there a manual?

Nevermind I see its on the disk.

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/25/07 08:03 PM

Hey JB -- Reading the manual first on this one helps -- especially so that you understand the mini-map.

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/25/07 11:51 PM

I did not get a good start. I ran out of time before I got to the hotel. lol I hit a wind while in the boat pushing me back away from my destination and I could not find my way out of the wind. cry Will try again later. Hopefully.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/26/07 12:08 AM

JB, if you play in tourist mode, he'll just fall asleep wherever he is. Then he'll wake up and go on. You'll see that the time line is over the limit, but when you change to the next location, the time line will magically fix itself luck

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/26/07 12:26 AM

Looney thats what happened, he said he was too tired to go on and the health bar or timer what ever it is ran out. So I shut the game down. duh
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/26/07 12:37 AM

What mode are you playing in? Play in Tourist. Then Oliver will just fall asleep where ever he happens to be, but you get to keep playing. luck

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/26/07 12:49 AM

I am playing in Tourist.
Posted By: aretha

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/26/07 10:29 AM

John Boy, I had many false starts with this game and kept putting it back on the shelf but during the first destination I really got used to it. From then on the walkthrough and I did fine smile

Re: 80 Days finished - 03/26/07 01:58 PM

JB -- in Tourist mode, even though Oliver falls asleep on the street (the screen goes momentarily black) he wakes up and can go right on as before. He really never needs to sleep in a hotel or eat anything (though it is kinda fun to feed him hot rat, for instance) to replenish the health bar. You see the healthbar change, but in Tourist mode it never actually affects gameplay or time. It's there, but you can just ignore it.

You DO need to go to the hotels to get messages from Uncle Matthew, though, so don't avoid them entirely. laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community