GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story

Posted By: popcorneater

Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/13/04 03:18 PM

I was just reading the adventure companies newsletter and it has a very "weird" scared story concerning how they are packaging the game.
This is one of the quotes from the article:

It seems "things" are happening to Dark Fall: Lights Out Photoshop files. There seems to be an 'extra' designer on this project. "We just shrug our shoulders and accept it. We always change it back to what we had before but "someone" has their own ideas of how the packaging should look", ...

From what I read, it seems that overnight the photoshop has a different design than the editors placed on and the text is different..spooky?

Wonder what Jonathan would say about all of this?

Ingie laugh
Posted By: Liz

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/13/04 03:22 PM

Strange, but very interesting!!! eek
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/13/04 05:13 PM

Hmmmmmm slapforehead
Posted By: JonathanBoakes

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/13/04 05:15 PM

Hmm, ,I thought supernatural activity had been a bit quiet (here at Dark Fall Mansions) of late. This explains what the spooks have been up too! I think The Adventure Company may need the services of Polly White, or one of the other intrepid ghost hunters.

Jonathan
Posted By: tigger

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/13/04 09:26 PM

Ohh that is soo cool... hope its not just a marketing tool!!!

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/13/04 09:39 PM

Don't know Tig, didn't think that way when I read it;
but I wonder:
what happens when it comes home? happydance
I'm going to be dumb here, who is Polly White?
Is this some one I should have remembered or know about? See, already the gremlins are lurking about, just talking about the game rotfl
Ingie laugh
Posted By: JonathanBoakes

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/13/04 11:45 PM

I too thought that the phantom marketing gimmick may have been at work, when I read the TAC newsletter, until I started thinking back to the cover image.

I produced the image of the lighthouse, specially, for the packaging. That was a few months ago.

As the software created the image I noticed strange forms appearing within the bitmap, from a screaming face, to a bat like creature amongst the clouds.

Here is an example, from the waves:

Very odd.

Don't have nightmares.

Jonathan
Posted By: tigger

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/13/04 11:52 PM

eek thats weird!!!

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 12:01 AM

I'll be happy to sacrifice myself and try a copy today before others start having weird experiences because all the strange hauntings surrounding production. I don't normally take such risky chances but in order to save my fellow boomers I'll step up to the plate!
evil

Ana
Posted By: mszv

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 12:06 AM

Very clever!
Posted By: josefien

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 12:16 AM

I just don't buy this game, that's for sure. There are many more demons outside who can influence people than you can imagine. It's very popular to put them in a game, but it is also very dangerous. I hope, if this has nothing to do with marketing, that nobody gets hurt or worse

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 04:15 AM

It's strange huh? eek

So now someone tell me who is Polly White?

Please

Ingie laugh
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 04:20 AM

Polly White is a character and "professional ghost hunter" in DarkFall 1. smile

Talk about spooking - Becky check out our post times eek
Posted By: Becky

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 04:20 AM

Polly White was in the first Dark Fall Game. She was a ghost hunter of sorts, as I recall -- she came prepared with lots of fancy equipment for seeing extra-sensory stuff.
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 05:50 AM

Is Polly White coming back to Dark Fall Lights Out or is there a new ghost hunter that will be among us? Does she have lots of new techy stuff?

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 05:56 AM

Well I played the game and darn if I remember her mentioned at all...dragging it out again before 2 gets here rotfl
Ingie laugh
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 09:14 AM

Jonathan, it looks like it got out of your control yet again. How many more times you think we will get you out of this? rolleyes

Maybe it's our destinies what forces us to banishing the dark?
Posted By: Katsmom

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 10:12 AM

My memory is fresh for Dark Fall: The Journal because I just finished the game recently. In my opinion, Jonathan, the spirits are angry at you for mocking them... eek

You scared us half to death, and then you didn't let the Darkness do ANYTHING to hurt us, nor could he EAT us (in the American version). It's not nice to fool Mother Darkness, Jonathan... (HEHEHE) devil

Please tell us that in the sequel -- our fear will be justified? rolleyes

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 11:10 AM

Well, I always think DarkSiders and scary beasties could use a wee bit more compassion. I mean it's like Cthuhlu.

Ok sure he has tenacles, has a habit of sucking people's brains out and has thoughts of enslaving mankind as their overlord.

Sure, he has his share of faults and is a work in progress. But has anyone ever really tried to talk to the guy? I bet a hug might work wonders.

Well, I for one think DarkFall may be in line for some TLC too. I think Jonathan has undertaken a path to bridge the gap between humans aka snack food and Darker things. laugh

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by popcorneater:
Well I played the game and darn if I remember her mentioned at all...Ingie laugh
I'm with you Ingie...I can't place Polly for the life of me. duh Wait, what's going on ??? Who am I??? scared Ahhhhhhhh! The darkness is all around me!!!! It's taking me away... evil
help Ana
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 03:19 PM

Nigel and Polly were the researchers with all the equipment--you broke into their room and had to decipher the chinese take away menu and learn to play the piano. But I would doubt either of them would be coming back--didn't they get "eaten" by the thing?

Quote:
Originally posted by gatorlaw:
Well, I always think DarkSiders and scary beasties could use a wee bit more compassion. I mean it's like Cthuhlu.

Ok sure he has tenacles, has a habit of sucking people's brains out and has thoughts of enslaving mankind as their overlord.

Sure, he has his share of faults and is a work in progress. But has anyone ever really tried to talk to the guy? I bet a hug might work wonders.
I think that's a possibility, but you know, some of those demon-y things, it takes a lot of work before they'll even accept the hug (not unlike some people I know). So perhaps our work is interventionist demon therapy. But how do you get the Forces of Darkness to lie on your couch? I mean, really, they might not even fit. A containment field might be necessary.

WW
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 04:25 PM

Cthulhu is majestic but the ancient Nahtanoj is not bad as well. eek

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 09:42 PM

*WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD* (better late than never?) oops

Quote:
Nigel and Polly were the researchers with all the equipment--you broke into their room and had to decipher the chinese take away menu and learn to play the piano. But I would doubt either of them would be coming back--didn't they get "eaten" by the thing?
Wysewomon, the answer to your question is YES -- and NO. think

YES, Polly and Nigel were "eaten" by the thing. And NO -- they didn't die. Both were magically "reincarnated" at the end of the game. So was our character's brother. And they -- and our character -- lived happily ever after.

The lost souls from an earlier time period didn't get to come back -- but they DID have a happy ending, as they soared upwards to the Heavens.

So I'm hoping that the sequel will either have an evil, terrifying 'thing' that can eat my character - evil - OR gatorlaw's warm and fuzzy, hugging, "Darkness with a Tragic Past" that I can make friends with.

Either way -- I'll buy the game. laugh

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 09:51 PM

WOT!!

Ok that was a joke, maybe a bad joke, maybe a very bad joke lol

I think you will be very frighteningly eek
bwah-ha-ha and gaspingly scared
h.a.p.p.y. with DarkFall: Lights Out

evil and that's all I can say right now cuz, he is here ...and he is waiting for me...he is waiting for you....

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/14/04 10:19 PM

Quote:
I think you will be very frighteningly eek
bwah-ha-ha and gaspingly scared
h.a.p.p.y. with DarkFall: Lights Out

evil and that's all I can say right now cuz, he is here ...and he is waiting for me...he is waiting for you....
----- ----- thumbsup -----
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Dark Fall 2-Lights out packaging story - 07/15/04 04:20 PM

Katsmom--

WARNING--MINIMAL SPOILER

Oh, that's right. There was some weird temporal anomoly, wasn't there. 6y7ki' (that was a kitten on the keyboard--never too young to start typing, I say!) So that at the end it was back to getting the phone message. I had forgotten that.

WW
© 2024 GameBoomers Community