GB HOMEPAGE

How to get hold of adventure games in the UK

Posted By: JennyP

How to get hold of adventure games in the UK - 07/24/04 06:06 PM

Does anyone else find it incredibly difficult to get their hands on a good adventure without paying through the nose for USA postage , then being whammied at the end by DHL/UPS sending a tax bill?
Play.com have just started stocking a few of the Dreamcatcher games but I haven't found another UK company that stocks anything good at all.
The only USA company i have found who charge a fair postage rate & will post airmail is cdaccess.
Hints & tips welcome
Thankyou
Posted By: tigger

Re: How to get hold of adventure games in the UK - 07/24/04 06:50 PM

I find this site good...

interactcd

also Amazon.co.uk have quite a lot of adventures..
Posted By: nickie

Re: How to get hold of adventure games in the UK - 07/24/04 07:58 PM

Is Gameplay the same as Play that you mentioned in the UK? I've been really impressed with their customer service. And, welcome to Gameboomers!
Posted By: karvic

Re: How to get hold of adventure games in the UK - 07/24/04 08:06 PM

Hello Jenny and welcome

I'm glad to see you finally bit the bullet and joined us here at GB. As you already know, I use play.com and amazon but I am sure the wonderful people here on the board will have a few good ideas....

Karen thumbsup
Posted By: JennyP

Re: How to get hold of adventure games in the UK - 07/26/04 04:27 PM

Thanks for all your help & advice.
Jenny
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: How to get hold of adventure games in the UK - 07/27/04 07:30 AM

I've got games through DVD Box Office - the actual packages tend to get mailed from Sweden IIRC.

So far I haven't had to pay import duties on any games or DVDs I've bought - one thing is to keep the value of each package low so don't buy loads of games each time.

Are you in touch with many other Adventure gamers in the UK Jenny?
Posted By: bermag45

Re: How to get hold of adventure games in the UK - 07/27/04 12:25 PM

Hi JennyP

I have on several occasions highly recommended buying from www.interactcd.com in the US. The speed of service and excellent postal rates (7 US dollars without box - 10 US dollars with box) is terrific value.

Have a look for yourself and I know that you will be totally satisfied if you give it a try.

Courteous, prompt and totally reliable service which is second to none.

A couple of years or so ago I was ripped off by FedX and avoid it like the plague. Interactcd send the packages by air mail and not once have I been stung for VAT over here which I was when packages came via FedX.

Hope this helps smile

Bernie happydance

***PS If you go to this site via the link above, click on 'PC Games' at the top of page then scroll down to 'adventure games' and other listings wink
© 2024 GameBoomers Community