GB HOMEPAGE

WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER?

Posted By: efel

WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/26/04 02:30 PM

praise Come on guys, what do you think the best game for you?

sleep It is not necessarily you like it, what about the game you hate it so much.

jUsT wAnnA kNoW! bravo
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/26/04 05:10 PM

Not only the worst game of 2004, but probably the worst game ever - Forever Worlds - it was terrible and most of us were so glad it was so short!
Best game of 2004? mmmmmm, I am in love with Uru and the 2 expansion packs, no other game this year is at the top of my list even tho I have played several that I love, URU is #1 (so far)
Love, Betty Lou thumbsup
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/26/04 05:40 PM

I've played so many games this year; it's hard to keep track... but I have to say my favourite has been Revelation.

This year I've enjoyed just about everything. But my least favourite game of all time has got to be Traitor's Gate. Just couldn't get through that one. Couldn't even care!

WW
Posted By: tigger

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/26/04 06:15 PM

I've played so many games to single one out as my favourite would be mean!!!
Posted By: Susie07

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/26/04 08:11 PM

My favorite game this year has to be "Syberia 2". My least favorite and most disappointing was "Missing Since January". It had so much potential but, IMHO, just turned out to be a series of frustrating arcade puzzles with a few videos thrown in for good measure.

Susan
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/26/04 08:36 PM

My favorite new game releases this year have to be

Uru expansions (Path of the Shell & To D'ni)
Syberia 2
The Egyptian Prophecy
Lifestream
Weekend in Capri

But then, I still have a number of new releases in front of me. Haven't played the latest Nancy Drews, Sherlock Holmes, CK2, Alida, Aura, or Myst 4 yet & only really just got started on Darkfall 2

I haven't played any new stinkers this year, though I did try a couple of old ones lol

Susan wave
Posted By: Gamehound

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/26/04 08:54 PM

The worst game of 2004 is Cold Case Files, hands down. Try it if you thought Forever Worlds was the worst. eek

Best? I don't know; I haven't played them all. I liked Crystal Key II and Dark Fall II quite a bit. Perhaps those are my 2 favorite games (that I have played) this year.

Gamehound
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/26/04 09:54 PM

I enjoyed all the games I played this year. Revelation is my favorite, but The Feeble Files runs a close second.
Posted By: dale3mike

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 12:13 AM

Forever Worlds, forever will be the worst. Unbelievable that they would not debug a game before release to the public. I don't mind beta testing, but don't charge me full release price.
Posted By: Teresa D

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 12:26 AM

I've enjoyed all the games I've played this year and when I think back there were quite a lot so it's pretty hard to pick. Broken Sword, three MYST games, Revelation is just wonderful but the one that wins by a whisker is actually quite an old game -Gabriel Knight, The Beast Within.
Posted By: Bonnie

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 12:38 AM

Oooooh this is a toughie-I've played so many good ones this year-but I have to narrow it down to 2-Aura and Lifestream-and if I have to pick-I'll pick Lifestream-because the story and the characters just drew me in-
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 01:55 AM

My worst 2004 game was undeniably, without any hesitation, Forever Worlds! As a matter of fact, it's probably the worst game I ever played. I didn't like anything about it! The graphics would have been nice if the game actually worked. The story stunk & the bugs were truly the worst I've ever seen.

I never played CCF, Gamehound, but will take your word for it. smile

My favorites are a tougher question. If we're talking new releases in 2004, I really liked
Syberia2, DF2, Lifestream & Remedy. If I had to choose among all the games I played this year, it would really be a hard choice! I've played so many. smile

Melanie
Posted By: Jenna

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 03:13 AM

I was really sad when I finished Syberia 2. I got very involved in the story and was sorry to see it end.

Forever Worlds also gets my vote as the absolute worst I have EVER played. It made no sense what-so-ever.
Posted By: Bryansmom

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 05:50 AM

I think I'd have to say that Cold Case Files is the worst game of the year. You can't even walk around in it! Of course, I haven't finished Forever Worlds yet..... lol

The best games of the year would be Syberia 2, Curse of Blackmoor Manor, and Dark Fall 2. Jack the Ripper and Black Mirror are also in the best games of the year, if they were released this year instead of last year (I can't remember).
Posted By: efel

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 12:00 PM

The worse game i played would be Conspiracy, what the developer think of!?. The game really borin and suck. They tried to do different by using real people to act (but that didnt work!), and the story.....,
The second worst is Necronomicon. Worst story and graphic i think personally.

Bravo to herinteractive (Nancy's series) and also goes to Adventure Company for Broken Sword and Syberia, Syberia2 2004(What a Game!)

CSI:Crime Investigation do lot of wonders, good.Same goes to Post Mortem

All time, Curse:the eye of isis and Arx Fatalis

Lookin forward, for Aura, Sherlock Holmes:silver earing and the most talk about, The moment of silence.Not to forget CSI:miami.

<<<Im now workin on Gooka, and CSI:dark motives right now>>>
Posted By: Carolin

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 12:43 PM

The best in 2004 is CSI Dark Motives, best ever The Longest Journey.

The worst must be In Memoriam.

Caroline.
Posted By: Rckasea

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 02:09 PM

welcome efel,
The best in 2004, Syberia 2.
Look on our Twisty List Archives, for all the Boomers picks of all time.
I cannot recall a bad game. I have played games that I received as gifts, that I would not have done so otherwise. These along with doubles of great games I have, get donated to the local Library. I do the same with movies and books.
Pleased to have you here at Boomers. wave
Posted By: ron.etti

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 05:20 PM

Syberia BEST
Midnight nowhere Worst
Posted By: ramona

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/27/04 07:41 PM

I have to say I was very very pleased with CSI: Miami. Great plotline. Though I mght change it to second since I will be starting Lagacy Dark Shadows this evening. It looks great and I have really been waitng for it more than any game this year.

The worst game was probably Conspiracy.
Posted By: Katsmom

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/28/04 03:44 AM

My vote shouldn't count, because I haven't played many adventure games this past year... BUT... I vote for Syberia 2 as the best game of 2004. I can't imagine any other game I MIGHT have played as being close to the quality of Syberia 2. It was an awesome game, and makes me wistful for more like it.

As for worst game... I only play the good ones! laugh But I'll add that those who voted for Forever Worlds (which I didn't play) are probably right. That game was released just before The Adventure Company shut down their game forum website -- in the midst of numerous posts complaining about that game. think
Posted By: lexxy

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/28/04 01:39 PM

I could not wait to get my hands on Forever Worlds because I could not believe it was as bad as reported but it gets my vote as the worse game for this year.
Posted By: sami5901

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/28/04 03:13 PM

I vote for Syberia 2 for the best game and boy I'm with everyone on the worst game,(Forever worlds) Diane
Posted By: sAndFloo

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/29/04 12:13 AM

Forever world must be the forever worst game I'v played. For the best, well up to now that would be Revelation, with Lights out as a close second. But the year isn't over yet. I just started Alida, and it takes me back to the joy I had playing Riven. Lovely old-fashioned game........so?
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/29/04 01:59 AM

Sandfloo,
Alida is one of my all-time favorites, but I played it for the first time last year. I hope you enjoy it.
Posted By: Daysleeper

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/29/04 05:34 AM

When speaking 'Best of 2004', doesn't that usually mean a game released in 2004? That is opposed to a game that was released several years ago and someone just didn't play it until this year? I know when Best of games are officially selected each year, they are newly released games and that being the case, I don't think I've played any at all this year.

The last time I bought a game to play that was released the same year and won 'Best of' was The Longest Journey. I usually wait for the price to drop.

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/29/04 07:21 AM

Daysleeper, the author of the topic does say 2004/ever so I guess opinions on all games are welcome!!!
Posted By: lucca

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/29/04 09:47 AM

best game ever... syberia, (1 and 2, they're like the same game)
worst... i don't know, i usually always find something nice about a game, even games that nobody liked. i never liked the myst games, though. but that could've been because i don't like first person games.
Posted By: teresa

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/29/04 05:59 PM

best games - syberia 2 and aura (hope theres a sequel) the real best was uru and all the expansions, wish this had been done with myst 1V. worst with out a doubt Forever worlds didnt think a game this bad could be made much less sold. living in paris in Broken sword sleeping dragon and alternating dying from fear in Darkfall 2. !
Posted By: Daysleeper

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/30/04 02:52 AM

slapforehead

Tigger, you're quite right of course. I think I need to catch up on my sleep. It will put me in a more diplomatic frame of mind. So sorry.

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/30/04 07:50 AM

No probs Daysleeper, the number of times I misread things is legion!!!
Posted By: Fishook

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/30/04 09:56 AM

Syberia 2 thumbsup was the best adventure in 2004, just shading Moment of Silence. The worst one realised this year was Midnight Nowhere. It had the potential to be really good and it suffered from to many bugs and annoying codes. I also managed to obtain a copy of Runaway: The Road Adventure which gets a honourable mention as being a really cracking third person adventure title. It has not been a bad year for adventure games, hopefully more quality titles will follow. wave
Posted By: trudysgarden

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/30/04 02:17 PM

Loved Aura, Hated Jack the Ripper (not sure if this is 03 or 04).

That said - I think I've only cracked the surface of the many games released in 04. Catch me around next July when I've managed to catch up to you guys.

happy trails,

Carolyn
Posted By: nolalou

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 11/30/04 05:33 PM

There are several games I enjoyed playing this year, but I guess I Syberia 2 and Sleeping Dragon are tied for my favorites! (with special mention to a game I bought without knowing much about, but enjoyed anyway, "Largo Winch")

I don't know of any absolutly horrible games I've played this year, but for some reason I just can't get into JTTCOTE ! I tired going back to it last week, and realsed my last saved game was from February! For some reaon, I just lost intrest, so I'll vote for it as my worse game, for it's failure to excite me enough to want to finish it! wink

Louis
Posted By: ray

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 12/01/04 06:33 AM

The most satisfying adventure game I ever played was Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars.
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 12/01/04 06:42 AM

I still have to say that my all time favorite is
Dark Fall with Dark Fall II and Jack the Ripper a close tied at second. Syberia II and Lemony Snicket bringing up the rear in my cache of favorites replay pile.

The worst for me still is The Adventure at the Chataeu d'Or. Just not my cup of tea I guess
Inferno
Posted By: Woodwose

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 12/02/04 04:41 PM

Thanks to Gameboomers I never had the opportunity to experience Forever Worlds, boy it sounds bad! Luckily the reveiws all came in before I got Websensed out of Boomers at work.

The best game I completed in '04 was Syberia 2, the best game started has to be Revelation and my worst, which is going to be contentious is Runaway. Normally I go for inventory based puzzles but the linear acquisition basis of the game drove me nuts, in the end I bugged out at chapter three and never went back.

Dave
Posted By: Jenna

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 12/02/04 11:59 PM

I am not sure I even got to chapter 3 with Runaway. It went up for sale pretty quickly at Ebay.
Posted By: Llewton

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST/WORSE ADVENTURE GAME 2004/EVER? - 12/03/04 01:36 AM

The best games has to be a 3 way tie. Each are totally different and great in their own way so it's impossible to rate one above the others. Midnight Nowhere (yes you read that right!!! One of the best twisted games of all time with an ending that's nothing short of pure dynamite. I've been waiting for this kind of ending since I first started playing adv games going back to the late 80's. I also did not encounter any bugs what so ever). Syberia 2 (need I say more, Kate Walker and her wonder bra at it again in a direct sequel to the first game) and Moment of silence (a pure fun adv game with a fantastic plot). There were 2 more that get honorable mention even though they didn't rate as well as the others, Conspiracies (I actually enjoyed this world domination plot and understood what was going on straight through, plus I love FMV and this game had it!!) and Runaway (pure hilarious action pumped fun and the award goes to it for the most ingenious use of a bra, don't get jealous Kate, LOL). I'm currently playing an old game right up there with the 3 best games, I Have No mouth and I must Scream (straight warped fun. For all that are interested I'm currently working on an XP setup for Inferno's XP Game Compatibility site using VDMSound and Dosbox).
The worst game, or should I say worst of all time, has to be Forever Worlds- horrendous challenge of an installation, horrible navigation, no save option if you're in a puzzle just have to pray you have a save close to where you are and in the middle of one puzzle the game totally froze on me, had to just turn off the computer. At this point I just gave up, luckily a friend gave it to me as a gift (he also gave me another good one so it made up for this fiasco!).

Happy Gaming All,
Bill
© 2024 GameBoomers Community