GB HOMEPAGE

Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine

Posted By: nickie

Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/22/05 09:27 PM

The recent issue (Winter) of Ghost! magazine has a gorgeous, glossy advertisement for Dark Fall 2 : Lights Out, reviews, and a two page interview about it and the original Dark Fall game with the talented developer Jonathan Boakes.
If you take a close look at the advertisement, you can see that GB has been quoted here
The publication site is here

Looks great Jonathan! bravo
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/22/05 09:36 PM

bravo Gameboomers
Posted By: tigger

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/22/05 09:57 PM

Fantastic happydance happydance
Posted By: Mad

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 03:28 AM

Hi smile

Well how can a site as good as this NOT be famous ????????

happydance happydance happydance

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 03:33 AM

Go Boomers

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 04:02 AM

That's great, Nickie--thanks for letting us know... bravo
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 03:08 PM

Kudo's praise praise praise

Cathy
Posted By: popcorneater

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 07:12 PM

Big Y little ea.....Yea GameBoomers happydance

There is a show on I think Discovery Channel, it's about these folks that do indeed go in and investigate places where 'strange' things happen.
It is facinating. Most times, not much goes on..no proof of any abnormal atmosphere, but then when there is...it will scare the **** right out of you.
Can't think of the name, 2 men and a woman and then a team of students..this is their "hobby"..
Wish I could think of the name and time it comes on, but my mind is filled with cotton and I can't think of it..anyone know? It's not called 'ghostbusters' or anything like that.

Ingie laugh

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 07:46 PM

Ingie, I believe you're talking about GhostHunters. When they play those tapes back it scares me! eek
I think the next episode is this week, after a winter hiatus.
EDIT : Had to look it up after that! It's on the scifi channel, and thirteen episodes start in April.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 08:05 PM

Could also be Encounters.
Cathy
Posted By: popcorneater

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 08:15 PM

Oh now I don't know...Encounters..is that on Discovery?
GhostHunters..??

Geez, I'm going to have to flip it to every channel and time..seems like I want to think it's on Sunday nights around 9..
But the playing the tape back..yes that is what they do..they record and video tape everything..then they take it back to their office-which I think is a trailer, and examine each piece of "evidence" the sounds, the temps, the visual..I know the one time I saw what Jonathan had in Dark Fall...the tiny lights..
they had that on film! they were all around this one person on the team that night, the person was talking about feeling "strange" and the temps were doing funny things..on the tape the lights showed up. Which that part baffles me, why only on tape?
Anyway..that's the way it works, then they go back and let the people know..we found or didn't find..
I remember when I saw that particular one, I wondered if that was what Jonathan did to get some of his research..

Ingie scared

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 08:40 PM

If you read XXV productions website, Jonathan is quite well acquainted with ghosts... they have funny goings on in their office building and he got some really spooky photos last summer...

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 08:46 PM

You're so right, tig! It would appear that Jonathan's ghosts lie in wait for him on his website!
Posted By: Matt Ferrell

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 09:43 PM

Hey all!

This is Matt Ferrell with GHOST! Magazine.
Glad you all enjoy the ad for Dark Fall 2. We were happy to have it (and the interview) in the magazine.

We've only been doing the magazine for about a year and a half, but I've been investigating ghosts, spirits and hauntings for over 5 years now (see the link in my sig). Always interesting! =)
Posted By: MaG

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 09:51 PM

welcome Matt!

Glad to have you join us. Anything about Jonathan and his great games are news. We are proud to know him.

Very interesting magazine and will surely look for it in stores.

Much success to you and your magazine.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 09:58 PM

Matt--nice to have you stop by--come back often-- wave

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/23/05 11:10 PM

Hi Matt, and welcome to Gameboomers! So nice of you to come by. I purchased a subscription yesterday, and am looking forward to it! Will it start with the issue that has Jonathan in it? A very nice looking magazine.
Posted By: SnowMoon

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 12:23 AM

This is great news, both for Jonathan AND for letting us know about GHOST magazine! Thanks!
Posted By: Agustin Cordes

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 01:23 AM

Now that's what I call a gorgeous ad! Makes me want to replay the whole game again.

Congrats!
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 03:35 AM

Oh Rael... I knew you would say that!!!

I wonder if the magazine will have anything about

.....((((shudder)))) music boxes in it????

Inferno
Posted By: Bryansmom

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 03:58 AM

It's always good to see Jonathan getting the attention he deserves!

On a side note, could Matt's eyes be any yummier? (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. You all know I've been happily married for 16 years, but I'm not dead! My husband has green eyes, too....)

Okay, shake it off, Beth! rotfl

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 07:08 AM

eek Whoa there Beth! laugh

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 07:19 AM

I'm sorry, but did you LOOK at the guy's photo?! laugh thumbsup whistle

Plus, he's holding a cat! I can only be so strong, Tig! wink

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 05:56 PM

heheh,

Thanks for the welcome and comments.

Quote:
Hi Matt, and welcome to Gameboomers! So nice of you to come by. I purchased a subscription yesterday, and am looking forward to it! Will it start with the issue that has Jonathan in it? A very nice looking magazine.
Yes, the newest issue (with the Darkfall stuff in it), we just got the finishing touches done on it and started shipping it out last week.. so you should be getting it soon!

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 07:06 PM

welcome Matt smile Good luck with the magazine and the ghosthunting!

Bryansmom, I see what you mean, Matt's eyes are hypnotic!!!
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 07:58 PM

Matt reminds me of David Copperfield a little bit (the magician, not the literary character). Neat site! And I love that Ad for Darkfall2. Very appropriately creepy. A friend is playing DF2 now and I was already tempted to a replay. I may just have to do that now lol

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/24/05 09:17 PM

Thanks Matt; I look forward to it! Glad you didn't let the wild women here drive you away - they are usually well behaved, but being adventure game players they are most observant! wink
Are you actively trying to get more computer game advertisements into your magazine of appropriate games that deal with the paranormal?

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/25/05 04:09 AM

I solemnly swear that this is the very first time (and I joined in 2002) that I've ever commented on anyone's eyes or anything, honest! I'm usually very good. I'm just glad we didn't scare Matt away! I'm interested in the paranormal and I've had a few ghostly encounters myself, so I'm glad you gave us the link.

Welcome, Matt, and I promise I'm not a stalker or anything; I'm a harmless Mom.
But thanks for putting up with me!

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/25/05 05:46 AM

heheh, no problem. razz

Quote:
Are you actively trying to get more computer game advertisements into your magazine of appropriate games that deal with the paranormal?
We're always looking for any ads that relate to the paranormal in any way. We also have a "GHOST! Reviews" section where we review 'ghostly' or spooky type games.

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/25/05 11:12 AM

Ah Beth, I would bet that Matt doesn't scare easily! lol
I was reading the site's link to other affiliates, each having their own legends and stories in their part of the country, and saw they have my property listed under haunted locations. How neat is that! laugh
Posted By: Becky

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/26/05 12:22 AM

Quote:
they have my property listed under haunted locations.
You have a Haunted Ranch?

I will not be jealous. I will not be jealous.

What manifestations have you seen, heard, smelled or tasted?

Does it increase or decrease the value of the property?

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/26/05 03:08 AM

I want to hear all about it, too!!! Maybe we should have a hauntings post stickied on the mixed bag forum! We took a vacation last summer to Boston and we stayed in Sudbury at Longfellow's Wayside Inn, and we stayed two nights in the haunted room! I could tell all about that, too!!!! (Yay! I love ghost stories).

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/26/05 05:31 AM

I'd love to hear all about it Bryansmom! You're right though, posting in mixed bags would be the place to talk about all this. Hi there Becky, did you see how Bryansmom misbehaves when you step out for a minute? rotfl
This place stood vacant for I don't know how long- no one wanted to buy it because of the haunted reputation. We thought it was a real plus! And the answer is yes, yes,no,no on the manifestations. laugh
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/26/05 07:31 PM

Still waiting patiently in Mixed Bags

Ana wave

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/26/05 10:19 PM

(Humming quietly to myself)......Oh, did you say something, Nickie? I was so busy doing good works and being innocent and never breaking the rules that I didn't hear you...... whistle :kiss:

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/26/05 10:38 PM

Yes I know Bryansmom, you and Jimmy Carter! rotfl "I've been lusting in mah heart..." teehee.

Sorry BET, I didn't see that something had been posted in Mixed Bags, will write soon.

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/27/05 07:46 PM

Would you believe I already have received my first magazine! That is the fastest I have ever received a subscription. There are pages on Jonathan and it is really interesting, and the mag itself is a professional affair, very nice glossy paper. YAY JONATHAN! bravo

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/27/05 07:52 PM

Cool, glad you like it! =D

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/27/05 08:03 PM

Thanks Matt, and something else I appreciated was that it arrived in a manila envelope. The way people are out here, now I don't have to worry about a throng showing up at my door with torches! laugh

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/27/05 08:06 PM

hehehe, yeah =)

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 02/28/05 04:57 AM

OK, we've got the ghost story/hauntings thread going over at the mixed bag area, so everybody stop by and add your stories! smile
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 03/28/05 07:01 PM

Hey! this is great Good Show Gameboomers! bravo
keep up the good work you all are truly amazing thumbsup
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Gameboomers mentioned in Ghost! magazine - 03/28/05 09:34 PM

What a great plug for GB! praise
© 2024 GameBoomers Community