GB HOMEPAGE

You know it's good when....

Posted By: looney

You know it's good when.... - 12/30/03 06:30 AM

Hi all GBers! So, you know a game is good when...
- you must play it again now!
- you can't play it again now cuz you remember all you have to do!
- You remember, but have to play anyway!

I bring this up cuz I'm dying to play Syberia or Longest Journey, or Sanitarium, or Blackstone Chonicles etc...again, but I remember all the details so vividly! Must be a good game if you can't forget what to do huh?

What,to you, is good game?

wave
Posted By: MDAMLADY

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/30/03 03:20 PM

I'm like you. I'd love to play all my games again, even though I thought I had forgotten them. But soon as I install and play; it all comes back in a flash. Must be old brain cells need a kick start. lol

I love them all, except the boring or too short ones. Have a couple of the DUDS, only because the good ones were gone at the time. Oh, Well!!! frown
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/30/03 05:35 PM

The ones that really struck me with "must play again now!' were the Gabriel Knight series. Boy! those are some good games and I really wish there would be more of them!!!

ww
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/30/03 05:45 PM

The only games I ever wanted to play again and I did were American Mcgees Alice, Clive Barkers Undying, And Serious Sam. Boy, All were a blast. The second time was a blast from the past! happydance
Posted By: Mad

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/30/03 06:06 PM

Hi smile

I play many of my games more than once - but still get stuck many times.
Usually in the same places I got stuck the first time wink

[Doesn't say much for my brain, eh ??]

Still enjoy myself though laugh

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Cynch

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/30/03 07:24 PM

Yeh, there are some games that I replay at least once a year...for the sheer joy of it. Some of them..SHIVERS comes to mind here...still present a challenge, as those xupis and their little jars are never hidden in the same place. smile

I also replay JOURNEYMAN3 often...just because it is an old friend that I like to revisit. laugh

Just loading the game up and watching the intro produces a magic effect on me. happydance
Cynch
Posted By: girlgeek

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/30/03 09:37 PM

I haven't played many games more than once. I think the only ones that I HAVE are System Shock 2 and Sanitarium. I TRIED to replay Syberia, TLJ, Myst III: Exile , both Broken Sword 1 and 2, and Seven Games of the Soul, but...they just weren't the same magical journeys for me the second time through and I stopped WAY short of ever completing any.

I AM presently playing one VERY replayable game, an rpg entitled Divine Divinity. I will INDEED be playing it again....probably more than once.

I guess what makes a game GREAT to me is predominantly atmosphere, story, great puzzles or quests, and the immersiveness of the game. It HAS to have the ability to take me outside of myself and HOLD me there.
Posted By: looney

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/30/03 10:10 PM

I just started Blade Runner, and I messed up once where I hadn't saved for quite awhile. Well, I went back and redid things, but this time different I guess cuz it turned out all different! How fun is that? happydance So this is a replayable game!

I still wish my brain would "un-store" the info for those other games tho, maybe then it would be all "magical" again! smile

wave
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/31/03 03:59 AM

I usually play a game by myself initially and then replay it right away with my sister, if I think she'd enjoy it. (She likes adventures but doesn't have the ability to play them on her own.) After that, I usually put the game away until I'm in the mood for it again. When I replay it, I try not to look at my previous notes, but it is amazing how much of a game stays in memory. Now if I could only harness that to remember where I put my car keys! laugh

Lady K.
Posted By: Glynn

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/31/03 04:42 AM

I for one, like the older games better than the new ones! I don't care as much about the graphics as the story...so..as soon as I finish JTTCOTE and Darkfall, I am going to revisit Shivers 1 & 2 and work on getting the "Tex" games to play on XP! laugh Maybe time to check out "Gabe" again too! I am still looking forward to Syberia 2, just hope they don't chang it too much! eek Glynn
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: You know it's good when.... - 12/31/03 04:55 AM

I've played all the Space Quest games several times and the first two Gabriel Knights twice each. I miss Sierra. I've also played the first 3 Monkey Island games twice each.
Posted By: Mad

Re: You know it's good when.... - 01/01/04 02:10 AM

Hi smile

I miss Sierra too frown

Cheers.

Mad wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community