GB HOMEPAGE

Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler)

Posted By: JohnBoy

Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 04/30/05 12:50 PM

This was one of the best Adventure games (IMO) to have ever been made. I loved everything about it. I did not however get to see the destruction of NY City. But plan to go back at some point to check out that ending. I got the good ending, or was it? evil
Posted By: dale3mike

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 04/30/05 01:06 PM

Oh, Johnny, so sorry you didn't get to see the good ending. evil

Mike
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 04/30/05 02:23 PM

I am still playing it very slowly as I don't want to end it. I agree that this is one of the best adventure game to come along in a while.
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 04/30/05 09:56 PM

I really enjoyed it too! It kept me totally absorbed till the ending.

Melanie
Posted By: nickie

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/01/05 02:04 AM

I thought it was really fun to play, and so much depth that one of these days I'll forget the specifics and be able to play it again, like The Longest Journey. I'm glad you had such a great time with it, Johnboy! What did you like best about it? happydance
Posted By: fov

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/01/05 05:58 AM

The "bad" ending actually had more of an emotional impact on me than the good one.

I agree it's a very good game. I wish there were some way to go back and watch the cinematics again from outside the game, like you can with Syberia.

-emily

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/01/05 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nickie:
I thought it was really fun to play, and so much depth that one of these days I'll forget the specifics and be able to play it again, like The Longest Journey. I'm glad you had such a great time with it, Johnboy! What did you like best about it? happydance
The story. And I loved the sweet nature of Peter Wrights character. He was really caring and loving.

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/01/05 06:16 PM

I did too, johnboy. He couldn't keep himself from helping someone else, even though he felt personally devastated. I thought it really showed how he grew through reaching out to another.

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/01/05 06:57 PM

Nickie, It was like wow, I want this guy for my best friend!
Posted By: Legolas813

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/01/05 09:52 PM

The Moment of Silence is probably my favorite adventure game to come around in the last couple of years. I think people look too much at the minor annoyances in the game. The story and dialogue is much too good, IMO, for an adventure gamer to pass up.
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/01/05 10:04 PM

I can't believe that PC Gamer gave it a review score of 14%! I loved it!

Rusty smile

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/01/05 11:12 PM

I never look at PC Gamer ratings or reviews, Rusty. They only like action games.

I felt the same way about Peter Wright! I'd sure like to have a neighbor like him. smile

Melanie

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/02/05 01:52 AM

Rusty, I just laughed and laughed when I read that review. Basically, everything they said that they didn't like were things that made an adventure game a different genre. Melanie, I think you're right. Not because of the rating, but because of what was said putting the game down.
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/02/05 02:03 AM

Hi nickie! wave
I just shook my head while reading that review. I actually feel sorry for those kind of reviewers. Poor misguided folks.

Rusty smile
Posted By: ramona

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/02/05 02:46 AM

Ok guys, I didn't kno there were 2 endings. How is the second ending triggered. I got the good ending of Peter saving the day. Great game. Since I started playing Still Life, Moment of Silence is now a very close second. Great storyline!
Posted By: fov

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/02/05 04:17 AM

When you get into escape pod thingie, push the launch button without inserting the CD first.

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/02/05 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nickie:
Rusty, I just laughed and laughed when I read that review. Basically, everything they said that they didn't like were things that made an adventure game a different genre. Melanie, I think you're right. Not because of the rating, but because of what was said putting the game down.
I laugh when I read these reviews also. They always hate all the things that make a good adventure game. I guess it might help to read their reviews if you go on the assumption that whichever game they hate the most will be the best adventure game. smile

Melanie
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/02/05 07:35 PM

I'm thinking about buying this game. Is there any fighting, shooting, etc. in it? If so, a lot or just a little? It's just that I don't like those kinds of games.

Thanks.

Laurette

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/02/05 07:42 PM

No, no shooting or fighting at all - a pure adventure game, Laurette. wave
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/02/05 08:21 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Finished Moment of Silence (Spoiler) - 05/02/05 08:56 PM

I am glad to hear more good comments about this game...i just ordered it, i had ordered and just got--(here in KY fellow boomers!) Still Life. Am just getting ready to intstall it and looking fwd to playing, but glad to know i also have another great game on the way!!! Keep them coming developers!!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community