GB HOMEPAGE

Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory?

Posted By: Squaally

Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/06/05 10:26 PM

I've heard great things about both of these games, but my gore tolerance is a little low (ok, weak stomach, I'm a chicken, etc.) How would you all rate the gore level in Post Mortem and Still Life compared to say, Black Mirror, which I was okay with.

I'd love to play them, but dont want to spend the money if I'm too grossed out to get through it. (p.s., blood doesnt bother me, but bugs and rotting things do... frown )

Thanks!!! Molly
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/06/05 10:30 PM

Hi Squally wave How are you with mutilated deceased bodies? It didn't bother me any, but I'd have to say they are pretty graphic.

Ana wave
Posted By: trudysgarden

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/06/05 10:32 PM

I'd say it's about the same level, a bit more of it. Nothing made me gag and look away, though. 2 great games, I totally loved Still Life.

happy trails,

Carolyn
Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/06/05 10:48 PM

The photos in your casefiles in Still Life are very graphic and look really real.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/06/05 11:11 PM

I can't speak for Still Life, which I haven't played. But Post Mortem wasn't bad - no worse than Black Mirror. The "goriest" parts were shown in a series of split second images - Gus' impressions from one of his ESP flashes.
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/07/05 12:12 AM

I agree with the others about Post Mortem... my gore tolerance isn't all that good either but I had no problem playing this game. Haven't done Still Life yet, sorry.
Posted By: Melia

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/07/05 12:40 AM

Still Life was pretty gory to me. The photos...well...I had to glance quickly 'cause I really didn't want to look much. And there were other parts that I shied away from. Despite it all, it was a very engrossing game. Had me on the edge of my seat. I wouldn't let kids near it, though.
Posted By: MDAMLADY

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/07/05 03:36 AM

Don't Know about Post Mortem, But Still Life wasn't all that bad.

I thought the scenes in Sanitarium were far more disturbing.

I'd rate it on the same "bloody" level as Black Mirror and the Dracula Series.

Good game for those over 17; not for little ones.
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/07/05 04:46 PM

Personally, I thought Still Life and Post Mortem were "worse" than Black Mirror, which I just found kind of hokey. In Post Mortem there were several images that realy disturbed me and in Still Life there was one exceptionally both graphically violent and emotionally wrenching event.

WW
Posted By: Sandy Sleuth

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/07/05 04:47 PM

Hi Molly,
I'm sure you have seen much worse on t.v.
Still Life has some pictures that are not pretty, but not gross enough to make you sick or give you nightmares. The game is Excellent! Worth buying!
Posted By: Squaally

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/07/05 09:49 PM

Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it. I think I'll give them a try, it sounds like I can handle them. Yay, new games to play! I was running out :-(
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/09/05 01:33 AM

Didn't think of it earlier Squaally, but if you played Zork Nemesis, Post Mortem will be a breeze!

And, I agree with MDAMLADY, Sanitarium had me a little squeamish, but I finished it!

linda luck
Posted By: ron.etti

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/11/05 03:07 PM

Its been awhile ,but what was gory in Zork Nem?
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Still Life and Post Mortem...how gory? - 06/11/05 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ron.etti:
Its been awhile ,but what was gory in Zork Nem?
As I recall, the asylum was somewhat disturbing.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community