GB HOMEPAGE

Long, or Short?

Posted By: Douglas Bregger

Long, or Short? - 04/06/06 02:15 PM

Do you gamers prefer games that are short, medium, or long? (in length, that is!) Or is quality more important to you than quantity?
I love long games--games that take several weeks, or even months--to go through! A game that invites you to get lost in its little world, for a few weeks, that's what I like.
Posted By: Nanjoan

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/06/06 02:20 PM

I definitely prefer good quality long games, longer the better. Using short games as a fill in.

Nanjoan wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/06/06 02:29 PM

I like long as long as the length is provided by a great story and interesting puzzles--not by needless minigames or to and fro---
Posted By: Gimli

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/06/06 03:46 PM

Same goes for me - the longer the better but they must be good games like all the Myst games or Keepsake and must have a lot of interesting and tricky puzzles/riddles. What I don't like is losing time with running around and to and fro for hours.

Gimli
Posted By: lor

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/06/06 04:17 PM

Most definately long...like TLJ but maybe a little less talk, but then it wouldn't be as long lol.

Goes without saying all the myst related games.

lor
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/06/06 05:36 PM

Long is always better! The Delaware St John games drive me CRAZY because they are so short. I agree with Gimli, though- a bunch of running around and to and fro-ing just to make the game seem longer is just aggravating.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/06/06 05:43 PM

I guess I have to agree with everyone here: long is better AS LONG AS it's a quality game that keeps my interest. One of my pet peeves (which sends me to a walkthrough) is going back and forth, back and forth, on and on.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/06/06 06:33 PM

It depends on the game. If it's a bad game, I'd just as soon get it over with as quickly as possible (if I finish it at all).

If it's a good game, long is good, but not 200 hours long.

How long is long? How long is medium?
Posted By: housewife

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/06/06 09:02 PM

I prefer also long games with good quality stories and beautiful graphics to look at and explore...I like a lot of exploring, where games gives you that freedom, just to look and touch everything in sight..
Posted By: granny

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/07/06 02:44 AM

Long with lots of things to do and places to go, like Riven, JMan 3 Legacy of Time, Zork Nemesis and TimeLapse.

happydance Just typing the names makes me want to pull them all out and play them again.
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/07/06 03:09 AM

Long, but it must be good too. It's not an either/or but has to be both.

Melanie smile
Posted By: SnowMoon

Re: Long, or Short? - 04/10/06 06:10 AM

I guess I am in the minority here... I prefer short and medium length games. The Delaware games are a nice size for the short ones, and the Nancy Drew games are what I consider medium ones. If the game is too long, I will never get around to finishing it. (I am still trying to finish playing Ripper, which I have had to restart multiple times since 1997!!) laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community