GB HOMEPAGE

Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!)

Posted By: tigger

Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/19/06 09:24 PM

Mmmm loads of fun, scary, not too difficult but certainly a lights out game!! Have taken to getting up at 4am so I get some quiet gaming time, whilst it is still dark!! Non-linear but there are triggers to certain events.

Play, enjoy and continue the adventure!!!!
Posted By: unicorn

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/19/06 09:50 PM

I love to play Barrow Hill in the dark also. Played almost all night till 4.30 am ... just good that I had a day off lol
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/19/06 09:59 PM

Its certainly well worth a play eljay.
And add some surround sound headphones to the lights out experience tigger eek
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/19/06 10:15 PM

I must say, Tigger...I agree with you totally...I greatly enjoyed playing Barrow Hill...I finished it and am going immediately back to play it again. happydance bravo

Sue wave
Posted By: sami5901

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 01:32 AM

Just finished Barrow Hill and I'm left breathless. What a game, I couldn't stop playing. bravo thumbsup To all who helped make this game. Diane
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 05:00 AM

I just started Barrow Hill and I love this game. It is spooky and when walking around you never know what you may bump into. It is a game that keeps you to play more each time. I too find that I was up to wee hours in the morning playing this game. I jumped a couple times into this game I knew it would then for some reason you tend to forget then your heart gets to pounding. If you like mysteries this is it. thumbsup
Posted By: nickie

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 08:52 AM

It's very well done, isn't it? I've been playing it in the dark with my headphones on. Not that far into it yet, but already jumped out of my chair... praise
Posted By: JonathanBoakes

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 12:09 PM

I too played the game in the early hours. There must be something about the story that inspires nocturnal adventuring.
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 01:19 PM

I think so too, for those of you who play the game again --- don't be so sure that some of the clues will remain the same. ---- They won't. Well done, Mr Clark.

inferno
Posted By: mattclark

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 02:02 PM

Hi all,

It's lovely to follow your routes through the game, and the progress so far. I thought I'd pop by to let you know that the website will be re-launching on Monday (24th) and will feature a lot of new extras, including an interactive map of the 'real' Barrow Hill, a full demo and gameplay trailer. Along with some other goodies, and fun oddments.

Thanks,

Matt
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 03:49 PM

Can't wait for the full demo Matt.
Sounds like a winner to me. thumbsup

Cathy
Posted By: Taylor's Mom

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 04:21 PM

Hi everyone lol

You've done a wonderful job with this game Matt and I'm looking forward to any future games from Shadow Tor.

Steph smile
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 04:52 PM

I did...Steph! laugh

I also noticed the entry in the journal from 'Kate' and 'Oscar' ...shades of Syberia..hmmmm...also laughed out loud at some of the 'Micky Takes' in the game...regarding items for sale on ebay and being rubbish at DTP...and also found the name of the school hilarious. bravo thanks

Sue laugh
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 04:59 PM

Is this an Indie game? I have not seen it available anywhere.

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 05:26 PM

Hi JB,

Yes, this is an indie game. You can order it from Matt's website here . I think you will have to wait until Monday to be able to order it though. It's a great game!

Steph smile
Posted By: TLC

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 05:47 PM

I must be a wimp, I can't play this in the dark. happydance Matt, you have a winner, with this game. thumbsup wave

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 08:01 PM

Did you see the poster from Fetchrock Lighthouse? Nice touch!
Johnboy, this is really fun - another one to BAAG, for sure!
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 08:17 PM

They are not taking orders till April 24th. Will have to wait a few more days.
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 08:43 PM

Johnboy --- This is definitely worth the wait.

inferno

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/20/06 08:50 PM

I noticed that too Nickie. Did the bird pictures look familiar to anyone? I think they are in Room 2, they reminded me of the pictures in DarkFall 2 that you clicked on at the beginning. It's been a long time since I played it so I can't remember for sure.

Steph

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/21/06 07:39 AM

Ooh, that could be, Steph! It's been too long for me to remember clearly. Was anyone reminded of one of the Zork games with Ben opening the blind on the door? Or was that just another brain cell exploding? laugh
Posted By: Ivinia

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/21/06 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor's Mom:
Did the bird pictures look familiar to anyone? I think they are in Room 2, they reminded me of the pictures in DarkFall 2 that you clicked on at the beginning.
LOL, that Jonathan Boakes really gets around! He's even in Scratches (well, besides the voice acting that is!)

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/21/06 06:40 PM

There's a few surreal connections between both Dark Fall's and Barrow Hill, and even Scratches it seems! How wonderful.

Maybe there's a secret plan to tie all things together, like some complex Da Vinci style codex for adventure games. Perhaps if you arrange the game boxes in a certain fashion you will discover a map to a secret cave, filled with adventure gaming goodies; The Cave of Superior BAAGings.

Should anyone find themselves wandering around Fetch rock in 2004, you'll find the books are printed by the 'Barrow Hill' press (I hope they didn't cut down any of the trees!), and the location is featured on one of the maps in the 1912 setting. Surreal, and spooky!

Jonathan

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/21/06 11:54 PM

It's been fun trying to spot the Dark Fall references. This one doesn't have anything to do with Dark Fall, but did anyone notice the face in one of the walls of the ruins. Made me jump the first time I noticed it.

Steph smile
Posted By: housewife

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/22/06 12:12 AM

So far I am still waiting for this game to arrive, I pre-order a while back and was one of the 100 winners...Am I the only one, who still haven't received this game?
Posted By: Becky

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/22/06 12:45 AM

Possibly!

As someone who mails a lot of packages, though, I can tell you that sometimes they arrive in the same town, except they can be days apart. (Still haven't figured out why that happens.)

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/22/06 07:01 AM

the car numberplates were fun too... I'm sure one referred to another indie game creator, will have to go check!!!

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/22/06 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigger:
I'm sure one referred to another indie game creator, will have to go check!!!
Hmm, I think the number plates were references to a certain helicopter, made famous in the 1980's by Channel 4.

It is odd that New York seems to be getting the packages late. I know Matts completed all the orders, and is waiting to start again on Monday. I'll pass on the info, Housewife.

I remember, when posting Dark Fall, in the same manner, that cross-Atlantic post was incredibly unpredictable. Some New York packages took less than 4 days(!!), but others took over two weeks. I think it must depend entirely on the customs staff, and procedure, from day to day.

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/22/06 03:36 PM

Hmmm, what made me think was the amount of cobwebs, the yukky spider on the ladder and MBC which I related to Michael B Clark of Arachnid entertainment!!! remember when the spider on the glass gave you a ladder to go down in The Arrangement??

Think I have been playing too many games!!! rotfl

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/22/06 05:00 PM

Yeah Steph, that face was scary - have you noticed the other faces interspersed throughout the game? eek
Posted By: housewife

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/22/06 07:01 PM

Thanks Jonathan, Matt has email me to let me know that he's aware of the delay of Barrow Hill arrival, and I understand about delays of the postoffice..Maybe by this week it will show up..Crossing my fingers..

Liz

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/23/06 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigger:
MBC
Ha ha. I see. That's actually Matt's initials. I see potential confusion lies ahead. woozy

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/23/06 12:34 PM

Ohhh even spookier!!!! Maybe you should all collaborate on a game... whistle Wonder if Matt realised the significance of the spider and the ladder too - I expected to have to do something with the little blighter and am really glad I didn't have to!!
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/23/06 01:06 PM

eek No offense to anyone, but who cares about the "significance" of the spider. It caught me so completely unaware that I fell out of my trusty old computer chair. It took two bourbon manhattans to get my heart slowed again. It was a scary moment.
Posted By: manxman

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/23/06 05:11 PM

Hi Matt. bravo My son and I spent about 10 hours this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Can't wait for you to produce your next game. thumbsup thumbsup

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/23/06 07:13 PM

Haze, it did the same to me, I Hate spiders!!! The best was the bird with the rubbish bins though, it was 4.15am and dark outside, and this Thing flew out at me!!! Boy did I jump!!!!

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/23/06 07:17 PM

Hey Tigger, I added spoilers to your thread title. Would hate for someone to not jump like I did when they looked at those rubbish bins! laugh
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/23/06 08:21 PM

I love this game it has so much suspense in it between spiders and birds and walking down dimly lite roads and then to run into a stone creature trying to run back the opposite way from it. Playing in the wee hours in am and the erie sounds coming from different directions. I must say still playing it and really glad I got this game. I tried to get into the green car and the alarm is blaring and lights flashing I jumped bigtime my heart started to pound wonder if creatures hear it, talk about more grey hairs that night. this defintely a winner hope to have more games from Matt and crew. It is nice to see so many good adventure games come out this year. thumbsup
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/23/06 11:32 PM

smile This game is, indeed, one of the best Little Games in a long time. Those of you have only played it once, wait until you try it again. The big surprises aren't as big (You'll be ready for that d___ bird), but the clues and the movements change. Those Shadow Tor guys are sneaky.
Posted By: JMK

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/24/06 05:54 PM

I ordered the game this morning! I sure hope it doesn't take that long to get here. happydance

Jean
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/24/06 08:45 PM

Ordered mine this morning and and already received an email that it was shipped! Sounds sooo good and spooky! I can't wait!!

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/24/06 11:17 PM

Hi Nickie wave

No, I didn't notice any others. I'll have to look more carefully on my next play through. I finished on Friday and will probably go back through again soon. Great game, I was sorry to see it end.

Steph smile

Re: Barrow Hill so far (Spoilers within!) - 04/25/06 07:58 AM

You're in for a spooky treat Jean and Sassafras! Housewife, I'm so sorry to hear that yours still hasn't arrived. frown

Steph, I'll bet I missed some - but I counted three. I was really creeped out when I saw the first one... evil
© 2024 GameBoomers Community