GB HOMEPAGE

The Longest Journey questions...

Posted By: looney

The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 01:38 AM

Hi everyone! I just got and installed this game, before I start any game I always check what everyone is saying...no review?? So my questions are, can you die? Is this linear? Any timed puzzles? Thanks for any help! wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 02:14 AM

No you can't die.
It's linear, though there are some fairly large areas you can wander around in before you figure out what you need to do.
I remember one puzzle that requires timing.

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 02:18 AM

Thanks Jenny100, just knowing for sure that I don't die is good enough! I'm pretty excited to play! wave
Posted By: Singer

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 04:03 AM

Eek! eek No review for TLJ? How'd THAT happen?

Looney, TLJ is widely considered to be one of the finest adventure games of all time - at least among those who like third person, dialogue-driven games.

TLJ gets pretty much every facet of gaming right, although it DOES go a little overboard in the dialogue department. But if you can put up with a little extra yakking, you're in for a real treat.

Jack
Posted By: mrbill

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 04:11 AM

Hi Looney,

You can read our review of The Longest Journey Here .

Have fun with this wonderful game.

Cheers,

Mr. Bill

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 04:24 AM

Well, I know alot of people comment on TLJ so I was hoping for review, thank you Mr. Bill!! Singer....nope, no review...why doncha do that??? heehee!! I start tomorrow morning....and I look forward to a very good adventure....Thanks for the comments! happydance
Posted By: tigger

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 08:39 AM

I have just finished replaying it... enjoyed it as much second time around! They Do chat quite a lot, but you glean info from the conversations. The are available later to look back on in the diary smile

Enjoy!!

Tig wave
Posted By: nickie

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 10:00 AM

Gee Looney, Singer was just wondering what he was going to do with all his spare time! laugh eek I would have sworn we had an interview on this board. Well hey, Tigger just played it again, maybe Tigger can do it!
Posted By: DanF

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 06:18 PM

Well why don't I just post my review. Here it is:

Game good. Me like.

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 01/31/03 06:25 PM

thumbsup
Posted By: Sequoia

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/01/03 07:25 PM

Here's my review also:
TLJ is my second favorite game.
Sequoia

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/01/03 07:29 PM

OK, OK, give me some time and I will do it!!

Hadn't realised we didn't have one on file.. not a quick project, give me until Tuesday!!

Hugs

tig wave
Posted By: bigmamma1

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/01/03 09:21 PM

Hey Looney
new gamer here-I too have Longest Journey, which I bought on Ebay because all the reviews I've read rate it as "excellent" and it appears on just about every "favorite game" list. Am collecting lots of excellent older games, as they are cheaper and I haven't got a new computer yet.
Am almost finished with Journeyman 3,except for that horrendous puzzle at the end. ( another great game) Maybe I will try TLJ next.

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/01/03 09:50 PM

Hi bigmamma1 ! Just to let you know, I started yesterday, and played for four hours non-stop...so far I give this a huge thumbs up!!!!
Tigger...I'm excited! I can't wait for tuesday to read your words of wisdom! smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/02/03 02:34 AM

I wrote a review of Longest Journey, but it seems to have gotten lost somehow. If you go to the Boomer Reviews forum and then do a search for The Longest Journey you will find the review (posted May 4th 2001). The search also pulls up another thread with a lot of different opinions about the "jawing" in the game.

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/02/03 03:55 AM

Sorry it was lost Becky! I would love to read a boomer review! I'll try to get that... in the meantime.. I do have another question... when I was in arcadia(my first time), I didn't ask Tobias about arcadia or about stark, thought I could come back to ask... well I found my way thru and now I wonder, did I miss something? Will my lack of info affect the game?? I guess my question is... if you don't ask ALL questions... will it affect the game? Thanks for all answers!!!! wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/02/03 04:25 AM

The Longest Journey review by Becky is now found - The Longest Journey review by Becky.

Give me a nudge if there's more 'lost' ones, OK.

MaG

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/02/03 11:35 AM

Hey MaG thanks!

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/02/03 03:45 PM

Becky...

thanks, I don't need to devote my time to a review now... Mind you might just do it for the fun!! Revise that, just read your review, couldn't add much!!! Well done Becky, superb review thumbsup

Hugs

Tig wave

Re: The Longest Journey questions... - 02/03/03 02:52 PM

Hey tigger thanks! TTFN!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community