GB HOMEPAGE

Temujin comments please?!

Posted By: looney

Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 02:34 AM

I just got this game, and yes! I have read all the bad things people say about it, but I didn't find a review here and we all know Boomers know best! Tell me what I'm in for okay? I know there is a small screen but that's about it...!??! I'm gonna start tomorrow, please forwarn me! laugh
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 02:39 AM

bravo I liked it!! I played it several summers ago and when I think back on it, it brings nice memories. You don't need to be Einstein to get through it and if you like a nice little mystery and don't mind less than Academy-award-winning acting performances, this one's for you. thumbsup
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 02:45 AM

I really enjoyed this game. It was the second game I bought and still a favorite game.I have played it a few times.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 03:33 AM

The story is good.
The acting is decent.
There's a Rube Goldberg type puzzle that some people don't like at all, though I liked it.

There seems to be a bug with the puzzles in the museum shop. People have reported that if they solve the jigsaw puzzles in the wrong order, a game trigger doesn't work and they get a dead end.

I thought some of the puzzles were pretty difficult and had to consult a walkthrough. If I hadn't, I don't think I'd ever have gotten them.

The viewing window is small.
The navigation system is terrible. There were two ways you could move forward. Skipping the transition video also skipped some of the exits. But the transition video had such terrible sideways jerking that I got the worst motion sickness I ever got in an adventure game.

The end has timed sequences.
There was a nasty puzzle that involved aiming some sort of crossbow thing. I had way more trouble with it than I did with the Timelapse arrow puzzle.

It's worth playing, since you have it.
Posted By: Adventure Lover

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 03:35 AM

My friend, RON DORTCH, is one of the actors in TEMUJIN, and I bought it for that reason but I ended up actually enjoying the game in spite of its technical limitations.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 04:34 AM

I really enjoyed it.. did have probs with the catapult, but after getting some help here got through it.

Sometimes you need to enter rooms via a certain door to trigger the next sequence.

All in all, a great playing experience smile

Tig wave
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 04:54 AM

I really enjoyed this game also. Not iin my top 20 - but definitely in the top tier of games that I have played. Granted I love FMV - but I loved the story and the puzzles. Great mix of the practical and the whimsical. Yep there is a rube Goldberg type contraption - I thought it was fun. There are hints about it - but if it starts interfering with your gaming pleasure - that's what hints and WT's are for laugh

Nice ending too. The game has it's share of twists and turns plotwise. Also one of the few games that isn't about Atlantis or Egypt. I liked the novelty of the game story - quite a bit. smile

Laura
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 08:29 AM

The story is one of my favourite stories in a game and the different chapters in the game have good variety of feels.

The game interface is awkward and some of the puzzles (the catapult particularly) is difficult even when you know what to do.

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 11:28 AM

Well well! It sounds like I'm in for a treat! I gotta say,Jenny100's comments just cracked me up! Kinda like the worst game that you ever liked? haha! Thanks for all the comments, now I know what to look for! laugh wave
Posted By: taf4

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 02:48 PM

Wow.. so many positive responses. I thought this game was just terrible.. Yuck. Worst navigation system I have played. Bad puzzles. (I hope you like making tea!) Pixel Hunting. Bad story.
And worst of all, you never leave that museum through the whole game! Aargh!

I do have to admit that I loved the security system puzzle that came late in the game smile
Posted By: AngieB

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by taf4:
I thought this game was just terrible.. Yuck.
I do have to admit that I loved the security system puzzle that came late in the game smile
Cute, it sounds like it had at least one redeeming puzzle in it for you!

I really enjoyed the game despite its flaws (face it, every game can't be a Gabriel Knight or Tex Murphy game)!

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/30/03 06:14 PM

I just got started today, this is really a strange little adventure isn't it? wink Funny that it doesn't need to be installed..that really threw me! Yet you can save..hmmm....more mystery! lol
It seems to be kind of easy, probably misleading tho...
wave
Posted By: Gamer

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 12:33 AM

I kinda liked the game too, but I remember I did have alot of problems running it. smile Have fun!
Posted By: nickie

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 12:51 AM

You don't leave the museum, but the puzzles make you feel like you do. Count me in as another that has this as a keeper. I thought it really unusual and fun.
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 01:31 AM

This game is definitely a keeper for me. It seems/seemed to 'call' to me from the shelf after I had played it - and even with the difficulties I suffered with it something about it keeps 'calling' to me - it definitely is not the MOST frustrating game I have played - I loved it even with all its 'warts'....
Love, Betty Lou laugh

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 02:45 AM

I set out today to play a bit, and suddenly, I lost an hour! It's okay that I lose time, that means it's good enough! I do gotta say tho, listening to all that stuff about the paintings and all the phone messages is a bit...tiresome? This is really a "different" kind of game huh? So far, the navigation has been great! Something to get used to, for sure, but I like it for such an older game! I know for sure that in the next few hours of play, I'll either love it or hate it...nothing in between! wave
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 02:48 AM

I forgot to tell you.........if you do NOT do the four puzzles from the shelf in the Gift Shop in the right order you will not be able to find something very near the end that you will need to finish the game. Not to panic; I have the cure if you need it later. laugh

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 03:01 AM

AH!!! BillyBob to the rescue!!! I did do the puzzles, actually I enjoyed them, ALOT!!! I can only hope all the puzzles in this game are as fun as this..???? In the right order??? So what this means is that I could be monkeyed with?? Don't go to far BillyBob, I have a feeling this game is a sneaky devil, and will get harder as I go!!! eek
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 03:28 AM

I have had the game now for approx. a year. You all have me wanting to play it now. Must finish Timelapse first. Also started Thorgals Quest. I am not too sure if I like this sort of adventure game format. I have problems paying attention to their long conversations.
Posted By: housewife

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 05:07 AM

I just bidding on this game at ebay, so far for $9 bucks will it be worth it. Hummm, with the comments here maybe, a dollar more you think?

Liz

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 01:49 PM

looney..

Ah, but did you do them in the "right" order. Actually, I don't even remember what the right order is/was but it's probably in the WT. As I said, there will come a time when you will have to retrieve something that doesn't exist if you did them in the wrong order and I would guess you won't know you're missing it unless you're using a WT. So near the end, when you're at the "Security" desk you'd better let me know so I can save you a [lot] of problems. laugh
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 02:47 PM

Here's an excerpt from a walkthrough:

Quote:

1. Puzzle Green 250/ Capricorn Head vs. Museum Painting. "The Capricorn head is the centerpiece of the Stevenson Museum's collection of treasures from the tomb of Genghis Kahn".

2. Puzzle Orange 300/ Crystal Ball vs. Statue. "This ball with it's unique golden stand depicting carved goatheads is said to be a focusing crystal for ancient Mongol magic".

3. Puzzle Blue 440/ Ceremonial Knives vs. Ceremonial Knives. "These ceremonial knives were used in religious rites during the reign of Genghis Kahn".

4. Puzzle Brown 550/ Mongol Sword vs. Scorpions. "This Mongol sword is believed to have been used in Genghis Kahn's burial ceremony. Blood sacrifice was not a part of the ritual, yet the dark stains may in fact be human".

Note: A fellow gamer stumbled upon this problem. There might be a software problem but it also might be one of the odd 'laws' in Temujin that you have to deal with. How can it hurt to take this at heart, so I quote: ..."It seems like the 4 original puzzles in the gift shop must be solved in the exact order that you have written in your walkthrough. Each solved puzzle gives you one piece for the Black 660 puzzle and if you don't start with the 250 piece puzzle on the lower shelf, it won't count and you'll only get 3 pieces for the black 660 puzzle..."
I'm not sure where I got that walkthrough. It seems to be the same as this one
http://www.gamesover.com/walkthroughs/temujin_3.htm
but the one I downloaded is colored differently.

Another walkthrough that includes information about a VERY complex Easter Egg in the game is the one by Fugazi here
http://www.the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Southpeak/temujin.3/

Yes I actually needed 2 walkthroughs to finish this game.
Posted By: Advpuzlov

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 06:26 PM

JENNY100, I'm glad you offered that bit on the order of those jigsaw puzzles. When I played the game I thought that doing those jigsaw puzzles was simply a cute game gadget that they weren't necessary for the progress of the game. It seems I was wrong. Simple-minded that I am, I just did them in the order that I thought would be from the easiest to the hardest, and from what you write, that is the "correct" order. So, I lucked out. That often happens to me in a game. smile

Oh, I see that this was your 8000th contribution to GameBoomer's thresds. Now that's a nice round number! Congratulations!

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 05/31/03 08:10 PM

I had to get the company to send me a save that would allow me to find that item and finish the game. Without it I would never have gone back and redone all that work. lol

I still have that save if anyone ever needs it! laugh
Posted By: Bryansmom

Re: Temujin comments please?! - 06/01/03 09:01 AM

I really liked Temujin a lot, and I always recommend it for people who like FMV. I thought the acting was good. When I originally bought the game and tried to play it on my older computer it did work well, but when I loaded it onto my newer computer the navigation was very smooth and the FMV was perfect. I loved the fact that while I was solving each individual puzzle and gathering items, I was also solving the bigger puzzle of my character's identity, and why the other characters reacted to my character in certain ways. The only time I remember having to resort to the walkthrough was the famous tea puzzle. I must have put the puzzles together on the shelf in the right order because of luck, also! All in all, I've found it to be a memorable game with original puzzles and a pretty good storyline.
Happy gaming,
Beth
© 2024 GameBoomers Community