GB HOMEPAGE

Spooky!

Posted By: Gordon

Spooky! - 03/07/03 03:29 PM

Hello to all,

I feel like playing a REALLY spooky game. What would you say is the number one "Spookiest, Goosbumply, Hair Standing up, Don't Dare Turn Out The Lights Game out there?

Thanks

Gordon
Posted By: audrey522

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 03:48 PM

Gordon-

The games that have really creeped my out were Darkfall, Blackstone Chronicles and Amber. eek

Turn out the lights and have some good scary fun!

thumbsup

Marion
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 03:56 PM

Without a doubt - DARKFALL!
and then next is SHIVERS (1).....Loved them both and made me jumpy, now what was that noise behind me? Oh, it's just the cat.....phew
Love, Betty Lou lol
Posted By: girlgeek

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 05:02 PM

For MYSELF, without a doubt, I would say Dark Fall and Amber: Journeys Beyond. Play both in the dark, alone, with head sets. I guarantee....you won't be disappointed! eek thumbsup
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 05:10 PM

I recommemd
Dark Fall
Ghosts
Phantasmagoria
Amber: Journeys Beyond
Shivers I
Shivers II
Silent Hill

Where's Mackiee's "Scariest Games Ever?" He did a special list that would answer this question perfectly.

Infenro
Posted By: frazap

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 05:56 PM

I'd say Inherent Evil. The game has it's faults (the no-save "feature" being the worst), but it's scary for sure. One of my favorite games.

Also the abovementioned games of course, although I really didn't find Shivers the least scary. Very good game though.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 06:00 PM

Those are all great. Also, if you don't mind a little action - Realms of the Haunting, terrific game.
Posted By: Broomie

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 06:00 PM

Phantasmagoria and Darkfall! Defenetely! blush
Posted By: fanatic

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 06:54 PM

Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary... And it isn't too hard to locate if you don't have access to any of the aforementioned. Great game.

fanatic
Posted By: sparkie353

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 07:03 PM

I have yet to try Darkfall(it is waiting in the wings haha)but I would say Realms of the Haunting made the hair on the back of my neck stand up(literally).It is an older game but definitely worth it for the scare factor!!!!
Posted By: Adventure Lover

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 07:06 PM

Without a doubt, System Shock 2 was the scariest game I ever played. eek

Re: Spooky! - 03/07/03 11:51 PM

OMG....I TOTALLY forgot System Shock 2!!! I would say that is THE scariest game that I've ever played, but...it's not for people who ONLY love the pure adventure. It's more of an action game with adventure elements and a tad bit of rpg.
Posted By: fanatic

Re: Spooky! - 03/08/03 12:04 AM

System Shock 2 is a first-person shooter isn't it?

I find those to be dizzying after awhile (any game that is first person actually).

fanatic

Re: Spooky! - 03/08/03 12:50 AM

I would say SS2 is a shooter with a few twists. it's not your "typical" shooter, where the whole game is just shooting stuff. It's got a FANTASTIC story, it's very scary, and you can approach the "combat" in it from several different perspectives...you have to learn weapons, tech skills, and psi abilities. All 3 come into play, but...you can play the game majoring in any one of the skills. For instance, if you don't like shooting....focus on your psi skills and psyche the enemies out! Kill them with your mind and psionic powers instead!

Anyway...it's a really cool game with elements of several different genres really, so...I would hesitate to call it an FPS, although it IS in first person perspective, which makes it even scarier.

Gee....I think I need to load this one up again! (Thanks alot...all I need is one more game to be playing!)
Posted By: Matt

Re: Spooky! - 03/09/03 05:32 AM

Phantasmagoria 2 Blair Witch 1
Matt
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Spooky! - 03/09/03 03:50 PM

Great thread - scariest games that I played...

Dark Fall (Have to wait til DarkFall2: Lights Out BRRRR)

Dracula 1 and 2

Black Dahlia

Shivers 1 and 2

The first part of Amber

Nocturne

Blair Witch 1

Inherent Evil

Laura
Posted By: Glynn

Re: Spooky! - 03/09/03 04:21 PM

Haven't heard of that last game on your list..."Laura"?? is that new?? Teehee I couldn't resist!! :-) Glynn
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Spooky! - 03/09/03 05:07 PM

lol

Laura *the person, not to be confused with the new release from Rockstar Games laugh *
© 2024 GameBoomers Community