GB HOMEPAGE

Thoughts on Voyage........

Posted By: cazziejoe

Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/08/07 06:10 PM

I don't know I'm about halfway through and have lost interest; too bad. I love the graphics but it has seemed to have turned into a "chorefest" a la Nancy Drew (well the more recent ones at least). Does it pick up at all? Also what's with the hand drawn "cut scenes"? They're the most enjoyable part of a game to me; they're sort of like a reward when you do something right...... Just thinking out loud.
Caz
Posted By: Mad

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/08/07 06:35 PM

Hi smile

Voyage wasn't one of my favourites, I have to say. I too found myself getting bored. Couldn't bring myself to play on to the end frown

Maybe someone who enjoyed it better will give you more encouragement wink

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/08/07 06:42 PM

As far as I know, Kheops has always used the hand-drawn cutscenes in their games due to budget limitations. Having said that, for me at least it has become something that I have come to expect and that it adds to the overall charm and feel of their games. I've played Egyptian Prophecy, Secrets of Da Vinci, and Destination Treasure Island, and have enjoyed them all.

Voyage I haven't gotten into. I spent about an hour trying to figure out how/what to do in that first (timed) sequence of the game, and failed miserably. Maybe I was having an off night, or maybe I didn't have the necessary brainpower. I will try the game again at some point, probably with the use of a walkthrough for that first section.
Posted By: Shany

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/08/07 10:22 PM

I played Voyage and liked it. The first hour or so with all the timed sequences was a terrible decision from the developers, and it's very different from the rest of the game which goes on at a much more relaxed pace.

If you haven't made it underground yet, keep playing, it gets better. The game doesn't stop being full of chores, but I found them enjoyable.

I was slightly disappointed with the ending:
Click to reveal..
I didn't like the fact that the game had no ending sequence. Once you finish all of your tasks, that's it, you get the ending cutscene. I would've liked to do something inside the spaceship in the end to bring a little closure to the game.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/08/07 10:24 PM

I did enjoy The game Alot....

Learn alot about Mathematics Also.. thumbsup
Posted By: Mad

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/09/07 02:58 AM

Hi smile

I ought to add that Voyage was the only Kheops game I didn't enjoy. I thought the others were simply terrific bravo

Oh, except for Crystal Key II - which I could only part play because it wouldn't run properly on my machine frown

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/09/07 03:21 AM

That's good to know about Voyage, Shany. I will keep that in mind when I give the game another go. wave
Posted By: orchgamer

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/09/07 04:33 PM

I thought Voyage was one of the best games made in a long, long time. It did not play like most of the typical point and click adventures, so you were required to do some new deducing and discovery to figure out the game. For once I felt like I was doing something new instead of doing the same thing with different graphics and a slightly different story. I also felt that all of the puzzles were well integrated into the story.
I too, however, experienced a long period after I started the game where I didn't play the game. When I persisted, it gave me greater rewards then many of the new games I played later.
Try again and stay with it, experiement all the time with different things. Hopefully you will like it, like me, after a second try.
Posted By: ron.etti

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/10/07 12:05 AM

Hey orchgamer,you look alot like me!!!!!
Posted By: orchgamer

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/10/07 06:06 AM

YAY!!!! We're twins!!! smile
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/10/07 02:36 PM

I know we all differ in likes and dislikes but I loved Voyage, so much that I played it through 2-1/2 times.

I agree that the shuttle timed puzzle was the pits but I just loved everything about the game. Mind you, I used a walkthrough so I didn't have to figure out the puzzles on my own.

The sheer "stupidity" of the plot had me laughing almost constantly.

Linda duh
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/10/07 05:14 PM

Hated it! lol
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Thoughts on Voyage........ - 05/10/07 09:44 PM

I wouldn't say I hated it, but I did think it was kind of boring. Lots of chores, lots of running back and forth to do the exact same thing over and over again because the game would only let you pick up 3 of a thing at a time. Identical items wouldn't "stack" in inventory so you were always having to manage the inventory and shift stuff around. And I got so tired of seeing the main character slip and fall on his xxx every time I had to load a game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community