GB HOMEPAGE

Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra?

Posted By: action9026

Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/12/07 03:31 AM

Ok maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance today. I played for about 2 hours and I couldn't get past the underground thingy. ( Trying not to give anything away )

I swear I used up an hour just trying to figure my way around the 'interact' actions and trying to pick up that dumb duffel bag and open it. ( Which I never did )

HOnestly I was so frustrated I turned the game off and huffed.

Does it get any better?
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/12/07 11:44 AM

Hi Action 9026 and thank you. confused I was afraid it was just me. I can't even get through the first cave door. I really like the looks of the game, but can't seem to use the interface yet. I continue to assume that after a bit I will get used to how things work; become immersed in the underground world; and have a great time. So far. I agree with you
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/12/07 12:37 PM

I played the demo, and realized that this game wasn't for me - partly because of the interface and the controls. You need to grab everything in this game - manually...

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/12/07 06:59 PM

I finally got into what seems to be the main game. I am rather impressed by it now. The armosphere (Music, colors, sounds, etc.) are downright creepy. That's just what I was hoping they would be.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/12/07 07:17 PM

Is this the same game as the one of a demo Penumbra that was released sometime last year?
Posted By: kjos

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/12/07 07:56 PM

Chrissie
This is a completely different game. The game is (penumbra:overture). The other game was short and this one is a lot longer. Penumbra wasen't a demo it was a full game.
Richard
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/12/07 08:22 PM

I wasn't Crazy for the Demo...Too many Glitches..

This game is not for me also..

duh
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/12/07 09:15 PM

Thanks kjos! smile
Posted By: ramona

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/12/07 11:08 PM

Thanks for this post. I was wondering about this game and don't think it will be for me.

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/15/07 01:10 AM

duh blush I just did something I have never done. I uninstalled Penumbra simply out of boredom and disgust. I had gotten used to the interface and rather liked the setting and the music, but it was going nowhere and I was about to confront things I didn't wish to confront. I also had no clear idea what I was attemting to accomplish or who in the heck my father was/is. All in all, the is the first game ever that I have refused to finish. It's quite disappointing. Maybe the real trurh is that I'm a wimp, but I didn't like this game. scared
Posted By: StarLite Moon

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/15/07 04:31 PM

There is a free demo which I encourage you to try before you buy. I played it and my arms were killing me trying to work the interface and trying to get that hatch opened. redface

All I can say is thank goodness for demos.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/15/07 07:21 PM

Adventuregamers has a review
http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,741

Quote:
It's also a game that intentionally weaves between adventure and survival horror elements to create a consistently creepy atmosphere...

Whether your character is crouching in a corner, listening to the growling of a mutant dog, or being chased by a giant worm, this game will consistently keep you on edge...

The game is an adventure at its core, full of familiar sorts of puzzles, but it does have some action and stealth elements that compose as much as a third of the game, and it turns out that it's helpful to have the kind of reflexes you'd expect in a first-person shooter...

I wonder if it's really an adventure game or more of a hybrid. I guess that might depend on how you feel about games like Alone in the Dark and Realms of the Haunting.

Anyway, it's a good review -- gives a good idea what to expect from the game -- and anyone considering buying the game might want to check it out.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/15/07 07:23 PM

Thanks Jenny....

I agree with Star..Thank Goodness for Demo's grin
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/15/07 08:55 PM

cool Well now you've really piqued my interest. Just picked this game up and it looked intriquing... eek
Posted By: tomco

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/15/07 10:35 PM

I hope Gameboomers comes out with a walkthrough.

Help--Help--Help

Tomco
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/15/07 11:00 PM

You can always go to Hints forum for help. We do have members playing that I'm sure can help you get unstuck.

Ana wave
Posted By: lucinda

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/16/07 03:21 AM

There is a walkthrough for this game at www.gamespot.com. It is the 2nd walkthrough on the list (the 1st one isn't in English).
Posted By: MaG

Re: Anyone Else not really having fun with Penumbra? - 05/16/07 03:35 AM

Thanks, lucinda. Appreciate it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community