GB HOMEPAGE

Tunguska........that Voice!

Posted By: cazziejoe

Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/27/07 10:31 PM

She has the most annoying voice of any character I've heard! Is it like a bad smell that you don't notice after awhile? I hope so; just started it.
Caz
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/27/07 10:49 PM

I remember lots of people being annoyed by her voice. It did not bother me at all.
Posted By: ikonius

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/27/07 11:06 PM

I actually found the voice of the main character in Keepsake even more annoying.

Posted By: Melia

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 12:31 AM

Her voice didn't bother me. The one that irritated me like fingernails on a chalkboard was the main character's voice in Keepsake....flat, unable to elicit passion, childish....ugh!
Posted By: nickie

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 12:46 AM

Neither voice annoyed me in the least. I thought both of these games were wonderful.
Posted By: cazziejoe

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 12:51 AM

hey nickie.
not saying the games aren't great; the voices are strange.
let you know when I get more into it.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 12:55 AM

I hope you have fun with it cazziejoe!
Posted By: Renee

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 02:06 AM

Yes, I hear many people are annoyed with the voice acting (US version). She sounded a little to "valley-girl" like, but the game was so good I put up with it. You can also keep the subtitles on, and skip the voices (I forgot the command - it's either, spacebar or right-click). Have fun! wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 02:14 AM

Voice's Never bothered me At All...In any Game..

Game In Question..Al Emmo...I thought his voice was Kind of Cute..
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 02:54 AM

Question: Is the US version voice acting different than the English version? In the English version she had an American accent but i don't know whether it was the same voice acting.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 10:05 AM

Butcher -- they delayed the US release of the game in order to change the voiceovers from the UK version. I'm not certain exactly which voices were changed -- it was clear that Zak and Mustavio's voices were different. Not sure about Lydia's.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 11:27 AM

I really didn't mind the main character's voice in Tunguska, I got used to it after a while.

Keepsake's Lydia had me chewing the furniture in despair.

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Butcher -- they delayed the US release of the game in order to change the voiceovers from the UK version. I'm not certain exactly which voices were changed -- it was clear that Zak and Mustavio's voices were different. Not sure about Lydia's.

Aha, i was referring to Tunguska and not Keepsake
Posted By: Becky

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 12:42 PM

Sorry for my confusion, Butcher! I've actually wondered that myself about Tunguska.

EDIT: I just checked the Tunguska forum. The Community Manager there says that there are no differences between the UK version and the North American version of the game.
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 01:28 PM

I agree, the girl in Keepsake's voice was so annoying I didn't finish the game.

I loved all the voices in Syberia 1 and 2... very well done.

Nancy Drew has a good voice. I'm playing Tunguska now and her voice is slightly annoying as it is so little girlish... sort of like Daddy's little rich girl of about 10 yrs old. However, did you like the man's voice? Can't think of his name right now but the one in the office next to her father's.... now that's a sexy voice.

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 01:56 PM

Max if i remember correctly.
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 04:02 PM

I didn't find the voices in either Keepsake or especially Tunguska annoying either, although I know alot of others did. I thought both games were great so I didn't really pay too much attention to the voices.
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 04:05 PM

Voices in games never bother me. I'm just happy that we have games to play!

Rusty monky

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 04:15 PM

Certainly there are voices in every game that i notice and i remember more than others (e.g Mustavio with his accent) but i can't say i found a voice which actually bothered me, although Oscar in Syberia was quite annoying after a while smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 07:37 PM

I didn't care for the voices in Keepsake, but the game was so good otherwise that it's still one of my favorites.

Tony Tough is a game I've yet to finish, and Tony's voice was one of the main reasons why not.

I think I'd rather the girl in Tunguska had a phony German accent instead of the Californy girl accent she did have. I'm kind of sick of those Californy girl accents in games where they don't belong. Of course a genuine German accent would have been better. I didn't mind her high-pitched voice as much as her accent. I've known older women with high-pitched voices like that, but they didn't talk like Californy girls.

And speaking of annoying voices, let's not forget Samuel in Black Mirror. There were plenty of complaints about his voice at the time the game came out, but people tend to forget.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Tunguska........that Voice! - 05/28/07 07:52 PM

Ah, I grew fond of Samuel and his monotone, it befitted him very well. grin There aren't that many character voices I have an issue with; Keepsake just seemed to bundle the whole lot up into one excruciating package for me. Good game otherwise, though! wink
© 2024 GameBoomers Community