GB HOMEPAGE

Somebody heard of this game?

Posted By: Smiley456

Somebody heard of this game? - 05/28/07 04:05 PM

Has Somebody hear of this game and know if it's out yet, or when the release date is?

http://www.paradise-game.com/
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/28/07 04:11 PM

Sure, it's been out for about a year. It's from Benoit Sokal (who also made Syberia and Amerzone). You can read a review here http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Pp/Paradisebybecky.htm
There were lots of problems with bugs. The American version was much better after a patch, but I'm not sure about the European version (never bothered to play again after having many many problems with unpatched version).
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/28/07 04:15 PM

Smiley, it's available through InteractCd (the yellow link on top of the forum, for a very reasonable 12.95 US dollars. They do ship to Sweden.
I loved the game and had no problems and I played before they patched it.

Ana wave
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/28/07 04:18 PM

If you have played Syberia you will be kind of disappointed in Paradise (my humble opinion). I didn't like it as much with all the bugs and so on and i was expecting more.
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/29/07 12:44 AM

I liked the game a whole lot and had no problems with bugs. I did not have to patch the game.
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/29/07 01:05 AM

Yes I've heard of it but, I've never played it.

Rusty monky
Posted By: nickie

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/29/07 06:50 AM

I played it unpatched with no problems whatsoever, thank goodness. It's darker in mood than the Syberias, and perhaps even deeper with the undercurrent of morality and politics. I really enjoyed it.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/29/07 01:53 PM

I could not play it despite getting a new graphics card. It just refused to play on my PC. I loaded it fine but as soon as I started to play the mouse jumped round the screen like an uncontrollable jitterbug & the patches did not work.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/29/07 04:47 PM

I'm sorry you couldn't play it JennyP. Who knows why some computers don't get along with some games. I haven't been able to play one or two that no one else seemed to have a problem with...
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/29/07 06:01 PM

I thought it was a horrible game. Hotspots showed up in the wrong places, there were a couple of locations with extreme slowdowns, one of which required you to act quickly, and screen exits were often hard to find even with a walkthrough to tell you where to go. The squirming cursor was a real pain, though I've heard the patch improved it, or at least allowed you to turn the squirm off. For a 3rd person 2.5D point-and-clicker, it was awfully resource hungry - worse than some real time 3D games I've played. And on top of all the gameplay annoyances, the main character was a blank slate with no memory or personality to speak of. Throughout the game you never knew what she was thinking or feeling. You never had any idea whether she got her memory back. You had to guess. The ending was the best part -- because, finally, it was over.

The patch was not without problems either. A few people with the US version of Paradise reported having StarForce block them from playing after installing the UK patch, because the UK version of Paradise used StarForce while the US version used SecuROM.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/29/07 06:27 PM

Hi Jenny100 -- have you played it with the patch yet? laugh
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/29/07 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
The ending was the best part -- because, finally, it was over.

My sentiments exactly. I applied the patch, but still had terrible problems with a "sticky" cursor when using the inventory. I found everything about this game, graphics & all, to be bleak and depressing.
Posted By: Smiley456

Re: Somebody heard of this game? - 05/30/07 07:55 PM

Good thing that I wont be able to buy & play it for a long time (still can't afford the last few components for my new computer)
© 2024 GameBoomers Community