GB HOMEPAGE

Yahoo! Scary missions in T3

Posted By: hagatha

Yahoo! Scary missions in T3 - 06/05/04 03:58 AM

Looks like I'm going to be joining those dead Hammers now...no Sword of Constantine in THIS game to whack them with. Ick. The Catacombs are pretty creepy, and I hear tell that there is another mission that makes this look like a walk in the park.

I must say this game has me as much on edge as the first ones did. Definitely worth waiting all those years.
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Yahoo! Scary missions in T3 - 06/05/04 12:34 PM

Whats T3? Terminator?
Posted By: Tami

Re: Yahoo! Scary missions in T3 - 06/05/04 03:36 PM

Hagatha,

I couldn't even finish Thief 1 I was so scared. I'm going to have to play Thief 3 in the middle of the day, with all the lights on and the sound turned down if it gets much scarier.

Re: Yahoo! Scary missions in T3 - 06/05/04 10:56 PM

Yep. Lights on - like my first trip through Return to the Haunted Cathedral. Which is now one of my all time favourite missions.

The only consolation is that you can save, but there's still nothing worse than picking a lock and realizing that a zombie has snuck up on you - or worse, that one of those dead Hammers is swinging at you from behind.

The only thing is they took out the ghost Hammers' whispering encouragement, a major source of creepiness, and also when you destroy a zombie in Thief3 it doesn't blow into chunks all over the place. Well, ok, blowing zombies into chunks IS pretty tasteless, but I sorta liked it.

Re: Yahoo! Scary missions in T3 - 06/06/04 11:09 PM

Ah, now this is CREEEEEPY.

I'm in the Shalebridge Cradle now. Nothing as simple as a Zombie or ghost. Nope, nothing as pleasant as a dead Hammer.

Maybe I'll just lie me down in one of these nice old beds...doesn't look TOO rusty and mildewed...and have a little nap. My pals will patrol the hallways and make sure nothing warmblooded gets in while I sleep for a couple of eternities.
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: Yahoo! Scary missions in T3 - 06/08/04 11:11 AM

[blip], not more of that excrement. I hated that in the Thief-games.
Posted By: Craig

Re: Yahoo! Scary missions in T3 - 06/08/04 07:15 PM

Anybody find much use in climbing walls? Half the time I forget I can or I just don't see any place to go. I kinda miss running around on the roof tops and rope arrows.

Re: Yahoo! Scary missions in T3 - 06/10/04 12:56 AM

There area a few places in both the City and in missions where the climbing gloves are useful. I don't think they really get used enough though, because it was a good idea. Apparently the rope arrows didn't work on the new engine and so the gloves were created to take their place. Or so the prevailing scuttlebutt goes.

One instance in which the gloves are VERY useful is if something/someone sees you and you need to get away - straight up! While I like to play a sneaking game, there are a couple of places where this isn't overly practical and climbing up and onto a ledge is handy. Plus it's fun to climb a wall in full view of a guard and listen to him yap about how you can't stay up there forever.

There's also some loot that you need the gloves for, and in the Museum Mission there is one piece of Special Loot that I think you can't get without them.

For the most part I found that the gloves offer alternative ways of getting things and to certain places, making it possible to use stealth instead of having to douse a torch or use a noise arrow.

Drizzt - you don't like the creepy missions? The Shalebridge Cradle is a fine mission, although not as tense as Return to the Haunted Cathedral, which is one of my all-time favourites.
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: Yahoo! Scary missions in T3 - 06/10/04 12:27 PM

No, I always thought they spoiled the games.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community