GB HOMEPAGE

Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)

Posted By: lucca

Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 01/31/05 01:06 PM

hi,
i started out with a toreador, got through the tutorial, and even did the first quest for the guy bleeding to death on the couch...
i did not find his money, only his detonators, i searched the entire beach house duh am i not supposed to find his money?
Posted By: Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 01/31/05 01:35 PM

Hi Lucca, the money is in a vent near the floor in the laundry room. If you give Mercurio the money, you get 1 XP. I think I'd rather have the money. Sounds like you're doing well. Do you like the game?

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 01/31/05 07:52 PM

oh yes, i love it. it's different than anything i've played. i love the action in it. i killed all the humans in the beach house by draining them dry. evil

how's redemption going?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 01/31/05 09:39 PM

Isn't sucking blood fun? smile

I have a ways to go on Redemption. You'll love it, too! I'll probably be joining you on Bloodlines in a few days.

How's it going, Peggy?

Barb
Posted By: PeggyH

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/01/05 02:25 AM

I'm still working on Mercurio. Not even close, though I can get to the door where I can heal and return. Honestly haven't had a chance to do more than see if it worked so that is tonight's chore...defeat the Big M.

This game seems very linear. I'm used to running off to beef up when I meet a tough dude but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do until I get past this battle. Is the whole game like this? I don't suppose vampires are able to just lolly-gag around, huh? laugh

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/01/05 11:40 AM

Hi Peggy, yes, you're right - Redemption is completely linear. I remember asking the same thing when I first played - it seemed like I should be able to go somewhere else & fight monsters until I was able to handle Mercurio. The game is so good, though, that it doesn't bother me.

Good luck!

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/01/05 04:42 PM

I am wandering around in Josef's tunnels. Huge place! And, of course, I am totally lost. I really could use some maps of the dungeons. Is there a website with maps? I have done searches, but can't find any. And there are none in the SG. I am such a map dependent player.

Even though I am whining a lot, I am thoroughly enjoying the game. I have become quite fond of rat blood and am very adept at catching them.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/01/05 05:11 PM

rotfl That rat blood is pretty good, isn't it?

I don't know if there's any place that has maps, I never found any, but here's a good wt for the tunnels: http://www.gamebanshee.com/vampireredemption/walkthrough/josefstunnels.php

Guess you killed Mercurio. How did you do against the golem? If you think the tunnels are tough, wait til you get to the sewers in New York! That's where I am right now.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/01/05 08:09 PM

new york????
i thought redemption was going on during the crusades, how do you get to new york???

you know it's almost impossible to frenzy as a toreador.
i can't get into the hospital, the receptionist won't let me in... should i suck her blood ?? evil

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/01/05 11:20 PM

Redemption occurs over 800 years, starting in the 1100s & ending in 1999, so you do a lot of travelling!

You can get into the Medical Center from the side entrance. I think you'd get in a lot of trouble if you attacked the receptionist. smile

Barb
Posted By: babyblair

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/02/05 12:32 AM

Lucca, I also am playing as a Toreador. To get past the receptionist you need to crouch down and go around her that way. Also, there is a side door down the alley right next to the Hospital. You can go in that way as well.

Barb, I'm confused are you playing the same game? I thought you were playing another vampire game.

Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/02/05 02:11 AM

Hi Pat, welcome. I'm replaying Vampire the Masquerade Redemption, the first of the Vampire games. I played Bloodlines once & finished it a few weeks ago. I'm going to play it again when I finish Redemption.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/02/05 10:21 AM

hi babyblair;
did you answer the questions and get a toreador? i thought that was a pretty cool feature of the game. i'm guessing i wouldn't be so happy if they had stuck me with a nosferatu or something like that lol
barb, what did you play with the first time?
i can't get in through the side door, my girl is pretty stupid with locks. all i get is a staircase with locked doors duh
during the tutorial i was able to boost my lockpicking ability for a few minutes, it's not working now.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/02/05 11:28 AM

oh, and what's the point of the estrogen pills? do i use them for something?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/02/05 11:34 AM

Hi Lucca, I first started the game with a Brujah, because that was what Christof was in the first game. When I couldn't handle some of the tougher monsters, I restarted with a male Gangrel. He was a great fighter & I finished the game with him.

I don't remember having to pick the lock to get into the Medical Center. Are you trying to get through the door marked "Blood Bank"? It should open, agouldn't it, Pat?

Blood Buff will boost your lockpicking skill. I didn't want to waste too many XP on lockpicking, but I was able to open anything with a skill of 9 or less.

Did you get through the tunnels, Peggy? I think it's pretty straightforward, just keep going until you find Othelios. I wish the game had better maps, too!

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/02/05 06:42 PM

Made it through the tunnels, finally. Actually began to learn my way around as I had to go out so many times to get blood and awaken scrolls! I discovered clerity and it really seemed to help with Othelios. That and running all over the place. Sometimes I am laughing so hard at my lack of coordination that I lose a battle.

I'm heading to Vienna when I play next.

bravo bravo

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/02/05 11:08 PM

Lucca, As a Toreador I think the way we frenzy is dancing. I got on the dance floor and lost all control of my character. She danced for at least 20 min, although no feeding. Try it out. You will gain humanity. It's just that being a Toreador you won't really ever need it.

Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/02/05 11:18 PM

Luca, yes it was me answering. I thought babyblair was just a password when I set this up, but my name is Pat. Yes I am now playing a female Toreador. Like Barb said I was able to also use the side door. But, since Toreador can sneak very well, so just go in the front door of the hospital and use your control key to lower youself into sneaking position and you can pass right on by.
Barb, Is Redemption made by the same company as Bloodlines? I remember playing two older vampire games and they were mouse point and click games with hot spots. If Troika has another one I would be interested. Thanks!
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/03/05 12:42 AM

I hope this doesn't turn up twice. I just tried to post...it looked like it took and I don't see it. Anyway...........yes Barb, I didn't have to pick that Blood Bank door either. But Lucca, try going in the front door and use your control key to crouch/sneak you Toreador past the nursing station. As far as the estragen pills, I have yet to use them. Barb, did you use the pills?

My character: I looked through the book in the beginning and thought I would pick the Toreador. Then I saw where you could answer a group of questions and I did and ended up a Toreador anyway. Cool huh!
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/03/05 03:57 AM

I never used the estrogen pills. When I had a female character, it always said I couldn't equip them, & of course, a male wouldn't have any need for them! smile

Lucca, it depends what quest you're on where you need to go in the Medical Center. If you're looking for Heather, she's on the first floor just past the receptionist. If you're looking for the werewolf blood, it's in the basement.

Yes, Pat, Redemption is made by the same company as Bloodlines. It came out a few years ago. I absolutely love that game! I think it's the best game I've ever played! I'm on my 4th time through it now.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/03/05 05:54 PM

hi
i did manage to sneak past the receptionist (being a toreador and all laugh ) i fed heather my blood, didn't do me much good. even got to hack into the computer duh
the game is still a bit slow on loading, any idea how i can make it speed up short of buying a new computer?

and i was wondering, what would happen if i had decided not to help the couch guy...?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/03/05 11:31 PM

Hi, About Heather...she will turn up later on and hold on to her she will come in very handy. I got rid of her way too soon. You can feed on her. Her parents died and left her money, so you can get money from her.

The morphine is in the hospital, but if I remember right you either have to pick the lock in the controlled medicine room. Being a Toreador, like you I was not good at picking locks at all. Don't know if it's the nature or the way we are playing the game. As far as Mercurio, I did get him the morphine because he said he could get me anything I wanted. Yeah right, but I had to pay for it. I didn't even get any money from the cheapskape. Mercurio (couch guy) never had any weapons that Fat Larry didn't so he was useless to me. Hope that helps.

Barb, I'll be looking for Redemption. Can't beleive I never saw it out there. Thanks!

Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/04/05 12:25 AM

I never got Heather to show up later. I think I messed it up by not talking to her after I gave her my blood.

Lucca, you don't have to get the painkillers for Mercurio, it's a side quest, but you DO have to get the Astrolite, it's part of the main quest.

The bounty hunter is in the same building as Mercurio, right across the hall from him. The ghost is in the Ocean House Hotel, which you can reach via the sewers.

Hope you can find Redemption, Pat. It's a wonderful game.

Peggy - you're moving along great! Are you having fun in Vienna? smile I'm on the final dungeon.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/04/05 10:39 AM

so you'll be joining us in bloodlines soon, barb?
you were right, i didn't really need the morphine, all i gained was one humanity, which was already full. oh well.
i found the bounty hunter, very creepy, it took me ages to kill that crazy gimble guy. i had to head back to trip's for ammo. toreadors aren't very good fighters are they? my girl's pathetic, had to keep dodging the severed arm.

i have six experience points to waste, and for once, i am really stumped. there'd so much stuff to add to. what did you guys add to first?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/04/05 12:16 PM

So Torries aren't good fighters, huh? Maybe I should pick another clan for my next game. They ARE good at persuation, intimidation & seduction. I think I prefer the hack & slash approach, though! evil I usually added my points to the combat skills - mrlee, defense, & ranged. If I had a lot, I'd add a point or 2 to lockpicking or sneaking.

I think I'll finish Redemption today or tomorrow & start Bloodlines.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/04/05 05:28 PM

i think sometimes you just have to hack & slash. i don't think gimble would've appreciated the seduction approach. i mean come on, the guy's nuts.
will i ever get to buy heavier weapons in this game? trip only sells me ammo for that gun i picked up during the tutorial.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/04/05 05:32 PM

oh and barb, toreadors aren't that bad, i think it's just that i'm lousy at fight scenes woozy

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/04/05 06:22 PM

Most of the firearms aren't that great, except for the Utica Bay shotgun & a few others. I found the shotgun and most of the others.

I forgot to snswer your question about the long load times, but there's nothing I can do. Everybody has the same problem. I have a fast computer, but it seemed like it took forever to load a scene! Very irritating.

I'm still working on the final monster in Redemption. Hopefully I'll get him sometime today!

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/04/05 07:41 PM

too bad, it seems i spend more time staring at the loading screen than i do playing.

i'm kind of stuck, i can't get the werewolf blood because the computer that has the passcodes doesn't give them to me, although i hacked in and everything. and i can't kill the asian vampire because he's just too fast with that sword of his.
i also found some pills in the prescription room, what're they for?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 12:15 AM

Hello, I find as a Torry I definitely fight better with bare fist then any of the guns I have. Once I got to Fat Larry I bought a ton of stuff. The best for me is the axe and armor. I can just about defeat anyone with that technique. Although if it wasn't for the vitae I got twice now in the game I would have never made it. I just killed that armored giant creep at Kings Way Mansion. Now I am in the tunnels and a little nervouse becuase I don't have extra blood and no vitae. The Torry was supposed to be good at persuation like Barb said, but my girl isn't. She isn't good with lockpicking either. Although as you go through the game you get ep to add point to whatever you want. Barb, I couldn't do the crack house quest. After all that time I spent trying to kill Jezebel there was no flyer on her bed to give to the guy to let me into the crack house. Don't know why that was. Anyway, this game seems so complex and with so many character with different attributes and diciplines. Is Redemption like this also. I sure hope so.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 12:18 AM

Barb, how do you tell the main quests from the side quests? Also I found out what the tab key does. You can block blows and also depending on the firearm your using you can do fire instead of bullets. This is a peice about the tab key that comes up during scene changes.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 12:36 AM

I don't remember exactly what I did to get the werewolf blood. I know you have to get into the computer to open the locker that has the werewolf blood (it's in a different room).

That Asian vampire is tough. I just ran around & dodged him & hit him when I could.

The pills you found can be sold. I don't think you can use any of the pills in the game.

Have you gone to the Ocean House yet? That's my favorite part of the game- very creepy.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 03:38 AM

Hello again, I am wondering if anyone has been able to sell stuff to any of the dealers. I have rings, watches and other stuff and would like to get some money. I really have a money problem. The people that said would give me money has not done so. Yes, I have checked my mailbox and I am broke. Any help? Thanks so far for everyones help.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 09:14 AM

hi pat,
i haven't been able to sell stuff either. trip's shop doesn't buy anything off me. i blackmailed malcolm for 75$, but i haven't seen any cash off him yet either...
how do you get to the other places, like downtown?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 12:16 PM

ok, i figured out how to sell stuff at trip's pawnshop. made enough to buy that cool knife too. if i only i had that before i got to the asian vampire...

when you ask to buy something, your inventory will open up on the left side of the screen and his will open on the right. choose what you wish to sell, and the sell button will be where the equip (or can't equip) used to be. i sold some stuff i really doubt i'll need, like those rings and that watch. should i sell the car radio i found or might i need that?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 12:55 PM

Yes, sell the car stereos, that's all they're for.

You can't get to downtown LA until you've done the necessary quests - find the astrolite and find Bertram. After bringing the astrolite to Mercurio, he tells you about the warehouse & that you need to talk to Bertram Tung. Bertram is in hiding because of a feud with Therese at the Asylum, so the next step is to go to the Asylum & talk to Therese. She tells you to go to the Ocean House & get rid of the ghost. (You may have already done all this.)After you complete the warehouse, you can go to downtown LA.

Did you get the asian vampire, Lucca?

Where are you now, Pat?

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 01:29 PM

got the asian vsmpire barb evil apparently i regenerate, he doesn't , that made it easy...

how do fulfill the "spiritual release " quest? if i return the pendant to therese will that be enough or is there something else i must do?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 01:56 PM

Yes, give the pendant to Therese. Don't give it to her sister, Jeanette. Jeanette will give you another quest to slash the paintings in the Gallery Noir.

As long as your blood supply is full, your body will heal itself. That comes in handy when you're in a place where you can run around & avoid a monster! smile

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 03:17 PM

oh no, i already gave it to her sister.
should i reload?

i'm trying to find out about the beach boy's girlfriend, but i can't get a conversation about her in the diner. i also don't get the quest in my logbook. what am i missing?

did you start bloodlines yet?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 05:36 PM

I'm not sure what happens if you give it to Jeanette. I think I'd do it over. I don't think the poor spirit is put to rest unless you give it to Therese.

Did E tell you about Thin Blood and Lilly? If so, you should be able to go to the diner & talk to Doris about a pale girl who came to the diner. Then she should offer to give you Lily's keys & a bail bond.

I finished Redemption this morning & started Bloodlines. I'm going to try a female Toreador.

Every time I finish Redemption, I get tears in my eyes. I think it has the all-time BEST ending of any game!

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 06:29 PM

so his name's E? how'd you tell?
i did talk to him, the guy with no shirt, and he told me to find out about thin bloods and lily, but i didn't get a quest in my log about it.
i also get nothing from the lady in the diner (except a 50$ bribe evil )
i must've missed something, but what?

it's not a main quest anyway, so i'll just skip it.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/05/05 10:26 PM

I think he tells you his bame is E. smile I don't know why you can't get the quest, unless you didn't pick the right conversation with him. Yeah, it's it's certainly not important, you only get 3 XP for it.

I just started the game. Hope I can get into it again.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/06/05 02:08 AM

Thanks Lucca for the tip for selling. I am so broke. Barb, I am in the sewers just after kings way mansion.

Yeah Barb, I am glad your going to replay as a Toreador. Maybe Lucca and I can help you out. You seem to be the master of the board right now. Thanks!

By the way, Lucca did you try the dance floor. It really is not worth it because you loose game time.

Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/06/05 03:40 AM

Hi Pat, money is a problem in this game. I think I had enough to get everything I need, but I was usually broke! Did you say your Torrie frenzied when she got on the dance floor? I had my Gangrel dance quite a lot & didn't have a problem.

I just got the astrolite & the morphine for Mercurio. I think I even got Heather ghouled! Now to see if she shows up where she's supposed to! I'm heading next to talk to Therese. Lucca, did you go back & give the pendant to Therese?

Don't you just love Jack? He's so funny. I also thought Beckett was kind of sexy! smile And Rodriguez, too!

I just thought of another weapon that was really powerful - the sledgehammer. I got it from Fat Larry. I couldn't handle the gargoyle with my normal weapons, but with the sledgehammer, he went down pretty quick.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/06/05 08:22 AM

yea i replayed. had to kill the blood guardian again, but he wasn't too tough. i want to replay and see what'll happen if i pick jeanette's personality. i'm i'll replay this game with a Malkavian next.
i'm in the warehouse now, sneaking up on thugs and slitting their throats evil this is too much fun.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/06/05 02:47 PM

A Malkavian! They're all insane! When I started this time, I answered the questions & came up with a Nosferatu! Of course, I didn't take it.

Have you done the Museum, Pat? I couldn't do it without killing some of the guards. Lacroix yelled at me, but it didn't seem to affect anything, & I still got my new haven.

Lucca, I couldn't do the quest for E, either. I got him to talk about Lily, but Doris at the diner won't talk about her.

Have fun in the warehouse! I thought that place was really hard!

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/06/05 06:30 PM

yea, i from what i'm finding, malkavians seem to be pretty interesting, to say the least. if i hadn't let the game decide for me i would've probably chosen a malkavian. i probably wouldn't have gone with a nosferatu though, either.

can i do the "attention whore" quest without killing patty? as a toreador all humanity losses are doubled and i don't want to risk that.
i am now busy killing all the plague carriers. got jezebel so far and i'm looking for the rest.

how's it going pat, i'm guessing you're way ahead of me.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/06/05 10:46 PM

I think when you get to Patty, she'll attack you, so you don't lose any humanity.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/06/05 11:28 PM

Just checking in to see what's going on. Look like everyone is on track.

Barb,I'm not sure if my character frenzied or not when I got on the dance floor. I lost all control and I couldn't get her off the dance floor for a long time. Like 20 min. I just assumed she frenzied because of the lost control thing.

Lucca, did you put your Tory on the dance floor yet? Just curious.

I took a break from the sewers. I still have to go back. For me the most powerful weapon is the Axe along with the red suite. I tried gun fire again and got no where at all.

Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/07/05 01:44 AM

I got my Torrie to dance. I didn't have any problem getting her to get off the dance floor. She's a good dancer!

I'm doing the Ocean House now. That place is so creepy!

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/07/05 08:03 AM

yea, the ocean house scared me silly. it really freaked me out. i even turned the volume down. so far it seems to be the creepiest part of the game.
i did try dancing, after i lost a humanity point in the art gallery for stealing the donation chest, i didn't know that was going to happen. it didn't work pat. duh maybe your girl was really low on humanity or blood?

turns out i didn't have to kill patty. i just conviced her (in blue) to leave town. got an experience point for it too.
i am heading for the russian mafia next evil

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/07/05 02:44 PM

how on earth did you kill bishop vick?
i can't even run!
the most i last is two minutes, and his minions are all over the place!
what weapons did you use?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/07/05 04:34 PM

I used the Utica Bay. I hid behind the posts, crouched, drank from my supply of blood, & jumped out & shot him when I had the chance. His minions are a problem - I killed as many as I could, then ignored them & just concentrated on Vick.

I'm getting ready to do the warehouse. That's the hardest part of the game for me until I get later in the game.
Good luck,
Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/07/05 09:07 PM

evil vick is dead evil
i'm about ready to leave downtown, i just want to make sure i didn't miss anything important...
i killed igor and boris, eradicated the plague bearers and got rid of patty. oh and i followed muddy and found the dead guy's key.
did i miss something? yea, and of course, i got the elizabethan thingy quest from LaCroix

you done with the warehouse yet, barb? did you join the anarchs in your last game or stick to the camarilla?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/07/05 10:50 PM

WhaHew...........I am now $872 richer since I was able to sell. I never even noticed my inventory coming up on the left. Duh!
I killed the thing at Kings Way Mansion, whatever his name is, with my trusy axe and my red armor. He was tuff because he could transport himself somewhere else in the room. As far as his two minions, they just rejuvenated so I just keep running with celerity and when I saw the dude start to materialize I was there to hit him with my axe. I also have vitae. I couldn't have done it without that.
Barb, I did already do the museum and yes I got yelled at too by LaCroix, but I did manage to get the fetish thing for the flesh easter and that is when she gave me this thing that holds vitae.
The Russian Mafia is really tuff, but I didn't think they were as tuff a ole Jez.
Can't wait until you get the garage gig from Fat Larry. For me that was the tuffest so far.
Also, I killed Patty and I don't remember loosing humanity. That was a quest I got from Stricker at the Last Chance, name maynot be correct, bar.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/08/05 09:15 AM

Jez wasn't too bad, not half as tough as vick...
i snuck through the vents to get to boris, so i only had to kill the one guard. at first i talked him into letting me in, but when i killed boris every single thug in the hotel attacked me, so i died. when i replayed i was sick of talking, so i pounced the guard and drained him dry as soon as i saw him and proceeded to take out boris. it was easier that way.

i didn't get a gig from fat larry. i bought some armor off him, and some ammo. but i got no conversation about a quest. am i supposed to get it later?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/08/05 11:35 AM

Congratulations on getting Vick, Lucca!

The Fat Larry quest must have a bug in some games. I never could get him to give me the quest. I hope I can get it this time. I haven't patched the game, wonder if I should.

I chose the anarchs. I didn't like the Camarilla. I just started the warehouse.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/08/05 03:02 PM

cool, i think i chose the anarchs too. i'm going to hollywood next to get the malkavian guy.

can we patch the game? i mean, is there a patch for it?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/08/05 03:24 PM

I don't know how well the patch works but you can get it here:

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/vampirebloodlines/downloads/

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/08/05 06:08 PM

i did get the garage quest from fat larry my second time in downtown. turns out you have to buy some stuff from him first. he'll get suspicious and ask you to do this traffic quest for him.
i didn't find it too tough, pat. maybe that's because i played it sneaky and climbed through the vents and crept up on the guys. my torrie is getting real used to vents and snapping necks evil . i'm guessing the "hack'n slash" approach would've been more difficult becs these guys have machine guns and all.
How're you finding the toreador barb? are gangrels more fun?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/08/05 10:12 PM

Finished Redemption and have started a replay of Planescape Torment. Torment was my first RPG and I couldn't finish it. Loved the game and now feel experienced enough to know not to get caught without healing!

Enjoyed Redemption very much but it was exceedingly hard on my eyes. ('Course Torment is pretty dark, too). I have Bloodlines installed and may jump over and give it a try.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/09/05 01:45 AM

Good for you Lucca! It sure does sound alot easier then what I went through. Not sure if I had that option or maybe your playing your character smarter then I am. What's next on your agenda? I recently killed the gargoyl in the chinese theatre. That was really tough. I am still in the sewers. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will get though it. LOL.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/09/05 02:23 AM

bravo Peggy! Did you like the ending in Redemption? C'mon over to Bloodlines!

I'm really liking my torrie. She is really good with melee weapons. I haven't found a Utica Bay yet. I finished the warehouse & I even got the Traffik quest this time! I bought an axe from Fat Larry & he gave me the quest. I'm using "hack'n slash" because I get lost in the air ducts! smile

Way to go on the gargoyle, Pat. What did you use on him? I used the sledgehammer.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/09/05 01:14 PM

i am not using ranged weapons, since my melee skill is higher. don't you just love the way she fights with the knives? i heard we can get a sword next bravo

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/09/05 01:29 PM

I think that's what's supposed to happen with Nines. I didn't see any way out of it. It's very hard to not kill anyone in the museum. The ship was easier.

I haven't tried knives for my Torry. The fire axe seems to be her best weapon so far.I'm still working on the parking garage. You're right, Pat, it's tough.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/09/05 07:55 PM

you're right barb, the museum has turned into the biggest massacre in the game so far. i could've probably done it sneaky, i mean i got real far without killing anyone, but then i got greedy and decided to swipe the security manual, got seen, and murdered a bunch of cops in the process.
the garage is real tough if you don't use vents , barb. i'd advise the vents.

by the way, a crazy woman called samantha got me a masquerade violation!!!!! can i avoid that????

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/09/05 09:23 PM

You CAN avoid the violation, but it takes high Intimidation or Persuasion. I couldn't do it, & got the violation. It shouldn't matter, you should get more redemptions later in the game.

I finished the garage & didn't use the vents. That was a massacre, too! smile

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/10/05 02:23 AM

Barb, I didn't use any of the patches. I just think if it's not broke don't fix it. Besides, I think I read some where that the patch made things worse.
Lucca, when you bought the armor did you buy the axe? Is your armor red? I tried to sneak through the vents but coudln't get in any of them. So I did the 'hack n slash' approach. It was tough. But it seems I am not using my Torry to her fullest potential.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/10/05 10:29 AM

well, i scared the life out of samantha with my green conversation evil she left me alone.
yea, pat i have red armor, it's not very good, is it? i got the axe, but i hardly use it. you need to crouch to get into the vents. i don't know how i would've gotten this far without them. laugh
am i supposed to have a haven in hollywood? LaCroix did not give me one, is it because of the massacre in the museum???

you know when this thread is finished we could turn it into one kick-ass walkthrough laugh

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/10/05 11:55 AM

I don't know of a haven in Hollywood. There should be one in Los Angeles if Lacroix gave it to you. I didn't get one the first time I played it, probably because I massacred the guys on the ship and the museum! It's not really necessary to have one. You can get your e-mail at your place in Santa Monica.

I finished the garage! Whew! Now I'm going to work on some of the side quests in LA. Did you find Redemption, Pat? If you're ready to play it, Lucca, I'll play with you.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/10/05 08:32 PM

well, i have the haven in downtown. i was just checking, i don't like to miss out on havens. this game is really time consuming, i haven't touched any other games in weeks.

i'm stuck in the junkyard, i keep getting hit by huge scraps of junk, moslty cars, and suffering final deaths. frown not cool! how did you guys get through?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/10/05 10:38 PM

In the junk yard I stuck close to the fence. I saw the guy going over a heap of cars. I followed him and he turned into a something else. We had conversation and then I killed him. I want to say he was from another clan, but I honestly can't remember exactly. But if you stick close to the fence you won't get hit. It was over very quickly when I played.
Oh, I killed the Gargoyle with the axe. I have the sledghammer now and it seems to work better.
Help! I'm in the sewers that are numbered. I get to a place when I need a card. There are some nasty monsters down here. Three different types and two of the types are huge and hard to kill. I finally resorted to a walkthrough and it said I should have picked up a card key from a corpse. Well, I can't find him and I'm running out of strenth. Blood is fine though.
Oh about the armor, it IS excellent. You can fight and not loose any or hardly any blood. I were it always when I know I'll be fighting.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/11/05 11:46 AM

Did you find the card, Pat? I can't remember just where you are.

Did you get the killer, Lucca? If you think Bloodlines is time consuming, wait til you play Redemption! I even forget to eat when I'm playing that one! smile

I'm going to be out of town for about a week starting Sunday. We're getting out of the cold & going to Alabama. You guys will probably be finished by the time I get back. If we stay somewhere that I can get an internet connection, I'll check in & see how everyone is doing.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/11/05 12:53 PM

barb you can't leave town! not with all the crazy stuff going on! scared

i didn't kill the gargoyle at all pat, i convinced him to join forces with isaac. he seemed too tough to beat. stone skin and all.
you can find more armor at the red spot, i think it adds three to defense and looks quite classy too. it's called light leather armor.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/11/05 07:24 PM

Well, I did finally find the card. I had to go back in with those mean freaks. The card was laying next to a skeleton. I used the knife for the first time and it seemed to be the only way to bring down those 2/3 headed beasts.
That gargoyle didn't seem to want to talk to me at all. I didn't think I was ever going to kill. I think I used the sledge hammer on him.
Barb, have a great time in Alabama. When I get a chance I'll go shopping to look for Redemption.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/11/05 10:52 PM

Lucca, have you completed the numbered maze and gone into some sort of down under place for other vampires? I took a quest from Imalia and completed it without getting caught and when I returned to her she said I got caught and I didn't. I actually went back and did it again, without getting caught, and that B wouldn't give me my money and I didn't get XP either. I then proceeded to do the quest for the other dude down under and set the camera and the computer said I completed it and that I was a regular James Bond, but when I looked at my log it said I failed. How did you do?
Peggy, why don't you jump into Bloodines Masquarade while we are still playing.
Take care! Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/12/05 12:19 AM

That's a bummer, Pat. I completed both those quests with no problem. Maybe it's a bug. frown

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/12/05 08:01 AM

i got only one quest down there pat, other than gary's, i got the quest from the hacker guy to check my email. imalia got pretty mean, and wouldn't give me any quest. those are the only people i talked to. maybe i should head back down there.

i have however, encountered what seems to be a major bug in the my game. when i leave hollywood this time, to return downtown, the game throws me back to my desktop as soon as it finishes loading. you think the patch will fix that?
i can alway return it to the store and ask for another one, as long as i don't lose my saves.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/12/05 11:45 AM

That does sound like a bug, Lucca. I'd try the patch. I had a lot of crashes for awhile, then it started running perfectly. I haven't had to patch it.

I'm doing the LA quests right now. Getting ready to do Grout's mansion. Did you both get Heather to come to your apartment? She hasn't given me anything yet, but I think she's supposed to give me some great armor eventually. She won't let me feed off her, though.

Did you find Redemption, Pat? A friend of mine found it at a game store for under $10. You both will probably be ready to play it by the time I get back!

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/12/05 01:05 PM

i have downloaded the patch, how do i use it?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/12/05 01:30 PM

Sorry, Lucca, I'm not the person to ask for tech help. I didn't patch the game, & don't have any idea what to do. Sorry. frown

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/12/05 04:20 PM

no problem barb, i'm sure someone will be able to help me out around here. i'll ask in the tech forum. have a nice trip tomorrow. we'll be ready for redemption when you get back laugh .

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/13/05 10:52 AM

I hope so, Lucca. I have another friend who just started Redemption. I've been trying to get him to play it for years. I'm hoping he'll join us here. We have a good group! smile

It's 4 o'clock in the morning here & I'm waiting for my husband to get up so we can leave.

Have fun sucking blood, everyone!

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/13/05 03:52 PM

are you still playing pat?
my patch didn't work. i can't leave ventrue tower because the game crashes everytime i try. the most i can do is stand at the door and feel sorry for myself frown .
let me know what happens in the end when you finish, will you?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/13/05 11:36 PM

Lucca, from what I remember there are some patches at there that don't work. I hate to see you standing at the door. Also, I think there are a few patches for different things. I do know that I read about the one where you crash to desktop and that's what you seem to be doing. Look on-line again. I'll look also. I have loaded patches before for several other games and you shouldn't have to do anything. The patch will find its way to where it should be.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/13/05 11:38 PM

Lucca, about the quests, I got three. I forgot the one from Gary. I finally went back and killed the two people in the apt at the quest from Imelia. She ended up giving me half the money. Again from the tech I also completed his quest without being caught and when it was all done, it said I failed. I don't know if I should have got caught and killed the two men at the theatre. Right now I'm just walking around looking for something to happen. Nothing is going on.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/14/05 12:20 AM

Lucca, go to these sites for an official patch.
www.activision.com/support
www.activision.com
www.vapirebloodlines.com

I am going to download the patch also, because I have not experienced crashing to desktop yet, but it IS a bug when I don't get recognition for completing a quest. Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/14/05 01:02 AM

Lucca, use the first link. I couldn't find anything on the other two. I am downloading as we speak.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/14/05 10:08 AM

pat thanks a lot. i've been doing a lot of searching, posted questions in some tech forums and stuff. haven't found anything that solves my problem.
has the patch worked for you?

did you do yukie's quest about the fish monster? there's loads to do in chinatown, there's even a store where you can get a katana, it's a great weapon. did you do gary's quest?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/14/05 05:10 PM

great!
this patch seems to have worked, i have exited ventrue tower... finally! i'm back in the game. i hope i don't have any more crashes.
thanks a lot pat!

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/14/05 11:45 PM

Lucca, so unlike most patches you had to execute this one. Seems like you didn't have any problems. Some of my problems are solved. I still can't dance for humanity because when I get on the dance floor I can't get my Toreador off. I am love on humanity, but I guess I'll get some along the way. I finally got Isaac & the Tremere to recognize my quest were complete. I am not getting the XP I'm supposed to. You know when it flashs at top of screen when your complete a quest or log is update and how much XP you received?..........well I only seem to get one no matter what. I was really get fed up because I was aslo so stuck without any quests for awhile. I couldn't find Wong. Yes, I did kill the monster for Yukie, got eyeballs and planted bad omen. I'm working on Gary's quest now. Any way, I'm back in the game. Did you play Redemption? I'm going to look for it at the store.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/15/05 09:56 AM

i had some trouble finding wong too, he's well hidden. did you press the button behind the receptionist? that calls the hidden elevator.
i have a redemption game started, i never got far. but i'll probably play it after this.
this is a really good game, too bad it's so terribly bugged. you'd think they'd perfect the game before releasing it to the public.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/16/05 06:01 PM

Lucca, found out why I thought I wasn't get full EX for quests well done. I had it set on "auto use xp" so the game was using it as soon as I would have enough to use somewhere. I changed it and now my xp is building up so I can use it where I want to use it. Just finished the Giavoni House. That was tough at the end where you had to fight the two asian vamps. I just jumped down it the pit and whopped them. I just couldn't seem to get them in the hall. It was too dark. Have you been there yet. You probably have, you seem to always be ahead of me.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/16/05 10:01 PM

yea, those asian vamps gave me hard time too. the problem is there's two of them and only one of me.
i finished with the society of leopold. problem is, when i leave there, the game crashes all over again.
i just have no luch with this game, pat.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/17/05 01:52 AM

Lucca, I am at the Leapold place now. I thought that the patch clearly said it would fix the crash problem at the Leapold society. Did you actually execute the patch? This game is so good and bad at the same time. It really takes lots of time to play and when you run into a bug it's really too bad and disturbing. ps I get a kick out of your saying at the end of your messages. Here's one.............Good over evil always prevails.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/17/05 11:05 AM

hi pat;
how are you doing with the leopold guys, did you find ash?
in that link you gave me there's instructions on what to do to work around the crash. i'm going to try that. i executed the patch, but it didn't work on that.
i'd better get to it then, before you finish the game laugh
i do hope it works, it's my last resort.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/17/05 07:54 PM

hey pat;
it worked, i'm on my final quest.
thanks for that link bravo
ps: glad you like my signature laugh it's a line from harry potter. i love it.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/18/05 05:03 PM

Hi guys! I'm still in Alabama, jusr wanted to say hi. You're all doing great. I never got around to doing the Grout mansion before I left. If you're both ready to play Redemption, I'll put Bloodlines on hold. It's a shame you've had so many problems - guess I was lucky I didn't have any!

Well, I'll be back in Kansas on Monday, have fun!

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/18/05 11:50 PM

Nice to hear from you Barb! ? for you! Is Redemption like Masquarade? Meaning you get to pick your character? Just curious! Hope you had a good time.

I just finished the leapold quest. So I'm wrapping up now. I had a heck of a time getting out after Bach set the bomb.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/19/05 01:19 AM

Lucca, where are you? I'm in the Hallowbrook Hotel. Did you get out of there yet? I have to work really hard to kill that many people since I really can't use the good guns like the Lassiter Killomatic & Steyr Aug because I don't have the range needed to use them. I do have high malee feat though. I am assuming that's why I can't kill anything with those better firearms. I tried using the tab key and one of them shot laser shots. I love this game.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/19/05 06:55 AM

hi pat,
i did the hotel with stealth. i had spent so many points on my stealth skill i was able to sneak right up to those guys and stealth kill them all. evil i don't mean to give spoilers, but if you have some extra points i'd recommend you spend them on ranged weapons, it's all that will save you against the final monster.

i finished the game last night. i hate finishing games i've spent so much time on. if it wasn't for the many bugs, the unnervingly long loading time, and the ridiculous toughness of the final monsters, this could easily be one of my favourite games of all time. it's definitely my favourite rpg.

barb, it's good to hear from you, if redemption is even better than bloodlines like you say, we'd better get started as soon as you get back ( i do need a break from the dark side, i need to finish alida first laugh )

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/19/05 06:26 PM

Lucca, hopefully I can finish tonight. I played until 12:30 last night. I'm on my out of the hotel and I'm up against the last monster, I forgot his name. I really had a hard time with the snipers, because I had no ammo left at that point and there was little to none to be had at the hotel. I had to kill them with the Jaime Sue, so I finally plucked them off. Now, like I said, I'm up against a big guy with little blood and little vitae. I did do some of stealth killing, but most of the time it was too many so I got caught. Now, no ammo so I'll have to use malee. Also I have the Flamethrower, but only like mabe two hits left.
P

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/19/05 09:10 PM

good luck pat, you're gonna need it.
i can't wait till you finish, i am bursting to discuss the ending. ( i always get like this when i finish a game)

i never got the flamethrower. i wasn't paying attention to ranged weapons, like you my choice weapons were melee ( loved the katana ) i had to pick the weapons off the guard to fill up on ranged weapons in the end.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/20/05 01:23 AM

bravo lucca! It IS a good game, isn't it?

Did you finish yet,Pat? I didn't think I'd ever get Ming whats-er-name! I used the Utica Bay on her.

Lucca, Redemption is different from Bloodlines in that you don't get to pick your character, you can only play as Christof. The game is linear, but believe me, it's a fantastic game!

I'm in St. Louis tonight & will be home tomorrow. Looking forward to playing Redemption again.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/20/05 03:58 AM

OK you gamers, I am up in the sky resort and just talked to Nines and I just can't seem to get any farther. The warewolf just kills me really quickly. Should I fight him? Please give me some advice for I am almost finished and want to join you guys in redemption. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/20/05 05:41 AM

I just started this game, and it seems the manual forgot a few essential things...like how to open a door, pick things up, minor details like that. I've read it from cover to cover (or at least as weel as I can decipher that tiny writing) and I can'f dind anything on the subjet.

Can anyone help? I'm right at the start of the game, standing in front of a door in the alley , and can't open it!

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/20/05 06:27 PM

Further to my last post - in the tutorial, I am in a room with my grey pal, in front of a locked door. My lockpicking skill is not high enough. The tutorial screen tells me that I can use a spell called Blood Buff to increase my skill so that I can open the lock. But all I can see is three spell schools - Celerity, Presence and Aspex. Casting these does not help - I have tried all three.

I have tried bashing the door with a crowbar but that just makes a lot of noise.

Can anyone help me get past this door, please?

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/20/05 07:57 PM

lemme guess, celerity presence auspex, you're not playing a toreador are you???

did you figure out how to open doors? it's the "e" key, (use)
you can scroll through your disciplines with the mouse wheel. blood buff should come up, all vamps have blood buff.

pat, you're not supposed to fight the werewolf, just dodge him and don't try to hide, he'll sniff you out. you gotta last until the tram gets back. i was on my last life when it did. i used celerity a lot, and kept weaving in and out of the building. good luck

i've started redemption. just became a vampire. i also started a new bloodlines game ( with a malk evil ) but will probably put that on hold for later.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/20/05 08:11 PM

Ok, to your first question about opening doors - you may have to back up a little and you should see either see a lock or a door with an arrow wrapped around it. Like you said you found a lock door to pick and you couldn't. See bloodbuff below. This should be diplayed somewhere in the lower middle of screen. Play your cursor on the object you want to open. That goes for mailboxes and manhole covers to the sewers. So when you place your curser and see the object in a circle on your screen hit the E key and it will open.

Picking up things is just the same you will see and little round circle with what the object it and it will also say 'knife, gun, picture, pill bottle, blood etc' and depress E to pick up. Although when you get deeper into the game during a kill you will automatically pick up ammo when you pass over them.

SO YOUR PLAYING AS A TOREADOR! To find Bloodbuff you need to cycle through your other disciplines by using the key on your keyboard to the right of the P. Forgot what that bottun is called. Perenthases, of some sort. Besides the 3 diciplines you should also have bloodbuff. To activate it right click mouse and you will see how much time you get on top left of screen. If you finish your task you can click F8 key to turn it off, so you won't waste it. I'm not sure if that buys you anything extra though.

Hope this helps. I think I have answered what you needed if not just leave another message. Someone will help you out.

The game is great. I will definitely be playing again as maybe a Tremere. Enjoy!

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/20/05 09:13 PM

Lucca, we must have been answering Hagatha at the same time. I can't do this again all day. I was going to get on here and plead for your help. Beside the fact I wasn't sure waht buidling to run into, because there are two, I think my Toreador is going into a frenzy. The info you game me atleast helps me to understand I have to keep dodging him until a another carlift comes, but how in the heck will you know. You don't have much time at all. That warewolf is on my butt at all times. I tried using celerity and it looks like it's not working all the time. I tried using presence and it looks like it effects not only the wolf, it seems to effect me also. That's why I'm staggering around all over the place with no time at all to think. So you focus on the smaller wooden building rather then the larger white buidling? LOST, FRANTIC, TIRED AND FRENZYING.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/20/05 11:57 PM

Hi Pat, you can run around for 4 minutes waiting for another tram, or you can kill the werewolf, which is much more satisfying! evil

As soon as he starts chasing you, run to the observatory - the big building to the left of the tram station. Go in the front door, turn left, & run through 2 rooms. Go through the door on the left to the outside & you will see a small building. Run to it & flip the switch on the building. Then run back into the observatory building, head back the way you came - before you get back to the front door, to the left you will see some stairs. Go up the stairs & you will see some controls. Activate them, which opens the big observatory window. This part is tricky - you have to catch the werewolf in the doors to kill it. I opened the doors, then ran outside. When he followed me, I ran back inside & flipped the switch again to close the doors, catching him between them. It has to be timed just right, & might take several tries. It took me a few! smile

Good luck,
Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/21/05 12:08 AM

Barb, I was just getting back on to say I finally made it. I FOUND A SILVER BULLET. NAH, JUST KIDDING. But, honestly I did it and I'm not sure it I did exactly as you said. I think there are so many way to this game. Your info would have helped me alot. I did push some buttons and I never got completely away from the warewolf, but I did get to the tram and he took just about my last breath away when I finally got on the tram down the slops. Barb, I've trying to move on since yesterday. I have been stuck at the same spot. I do look at the walkthroughs from time to time, but I came so close to enable my console for cheats. I looked today at CompUSA and BestBuy for the Redemption game and they didn't have it. I'll keep looking because I would like to play the game while you and Lucca are playing. It makes it so nice.
I hope you enjoyed your vacation! Glad your back though!
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/21/05 05:07 AM

Actually, I was much earlier in the game! But anyway, have managed to get through the rough bits and am enjoying the game - I have about 15 exp points to spend but am not sure whether to use them on fighting skills or talking/sneaking/hacking skills. I seem to do better as a seductive sneaker.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/21/05 08:51 AM

pat, glad you finally made it, i was on my last breath when i got to the tram too. was i ever so glad to see jack when i got off the tram.

hagatha, spending points depends on how you want to play the game. i spent a lot of points on dex and stealth. i also spent a lot on charisma and scholarship. if you're playing a toreador, then you'll probably want to spend on social skills to make full use of your character.
if you prefer the hack and slash approach, fill up on melee or ranged, but not both, that's useless. also, don't ignore your disciplines, especially celerity, it can save your skin against most of the tougher monsters, (in other words, learn to run laugh )
by the way, i found that most of the times, you need either persuasion or intimidation, so pick one to fill up (i chose persuasion), not both.
being a toreador, you're right, you're better as a seductive sneaker...

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/21/05 08:57 AM

one more thing, don't waste points on hacking and lockpicking, there's always alternate routes to opeing doors and finding passwords.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/21/05 01:30 PM

Good advice, Lucca. I also think it's wise to add points to dexterity, since that helps both fighting AND lockpicking. I added a lot of points to ranged, since the shotgun was my most powerful weapon.

I'm glad you got past the werewolf, Pat. You're on the final part of the game. I think this time I'm going to go for the "lone wolf" ending.

Pat, you can order Redemption here:

http://www.cdaccess.com/html/quick/vampirepr.htm

I've ordered from them before, & I usually get the game in 2 days. I hope you can get it. It would be a lot more fun with the group playing.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/22/05 01:21 AM

Barb, Thanks! I've ordered the game and should get it Wednesday.

Well I've chose the Anarch's and I was so excited when I saw 'you know who'. Didn't want to mention his name so I wouldn't spoil it for someone out there reading along.

Sounds like I have two major quests left to kill 'Chow Mein', what ever her name is; and LaCroix. I just used up alot of XP on stealth and malee because that's what I'm best at. I hope I didn't mess up, but I'm just not any good with firearms of any kind. I get killed everytime. Lucca seems to do OK with them though. I love this game. I gotta say it's the best I've played.

Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/22/05 10:21 AM

barb, i went for the lone wolf ending, it's not that i didn't like the anarchs, but i was sick of being pushed around. but i really loved the ending.
pat, watch out for ming, i think she was the toughest monster in the game. i think you will have finished the game next time you check in. laugh

playing with a malk is like playing a totally different game. you get totally different conversation options, everyone thinks you're crazy, and you have totally different ways to solve quests. you also get warning messages as voices in your head and stuff, and you know what people want before you talk to them. it's definitely creepy, but totally cool.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/22/05 12:23 PM

Lucca, are you playing again as a Malkavian? Sounds interesting. Maybe next time I'll try it. Have you played any more of Redemption? Guess we can start as soon as Pat gets it.

Pat, Ming Xiao is the toughest enemy in the game. When I got to her, I didn't think I was going to be able to kill her. I could see having to give up without finishing the game, but I didn't want to do that, so I went back to a save before going to Chinatown, bought as much ammo for my shotgun as I could, & did the whole temple over. When I got to Ming, I ran to one of the doorways in the room & shot at her until she went down. I didn't even have to use any blood packs, & it turned out to be pretty easy! I thought the Sheriff was harder.

I just got Gothic and Gothic 2, so now I don't know if I'll get back to Bloodlines or not. I've also had the urge to play Undying again. I love my old games, but it's nice to have a new one once in a while.

Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/22/05 04:27 PM

What a treat you have in store, Barb! happydance I love the Gothic games. The controls are kinda hard at first and people do complain, but you soon adjust. It's very different from the Vampire Redemptions!

I'm still plugging away at Planescape Torment. Real life has been interferring a lot so it is slow going but I love it. Good humor and story.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/22/05 05:22 PM

barb, i've been playing redemption. but i have a problem saving. i can only save through the autosaves. not cool frown i am on my first quest as a vampire.
and i'm also replaying as a malkavian, i'm downtown now. i have a lot of time on my hands since my two week vacation has been extended laugh

i thought ming Xiao was tough too, especially because she spawns "mini mings". i was fighting two ming xiao's at the end. i got lucky with the flying sherrif, he got stuck in the sky, all i had to do was shoot him down laugh

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/23/05 12:33 AM

Well guys, you thought I would be finished tonight, but not so. Like you Barb, I went back to start Chinatown again. I definitely needed moore blood. Did you guys get that Odious Chalice from the Flesh Eater? What a great life savor that is. Anyway, I am back in Chinatown and I am seeing different things then the first time. Totally different scenarios. It's amazing. BUT, next chance I get, I am selling off all my firearms except for about 2 and spending all my XP on malee and stealth. I am going around feeding and bleeding everyone in the temple. My Odious Chalice is up to 10.

You guys don't have to wait for me to start the Redemption game. I will only be slightly behind you.

My hubby said that he could die in the chair next to me and I wouldn't even know it. I am so sucked up in this game, but I can't help it. I did get him going on some, so I think he may like playing a few himself.
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/23/05 12:58 AM

lol Oh, Pat, my husband feels neglected, too! But he's put up with me playing games for a loong time, & it hasn't hurt him yet! smile He won't play games at all, though.

Yeah, that odious chalice is a nice thing to have.

I hope you get that nasty Ming tonight!

Good luck,
Barb

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/23/05 11:21 AM

i did not get any chalice the first time i played, because i missed pisha's quests. i did head there the second time around, and i also got the quest for E, which i didn't get playing a torry either. oh well, duh

barb, how can i get wilhelm to suck blood, he's low and he won't touch the monks and i don't get the icon i have for chris, the feed icon, why?

pat, you will need the firearms before the end, trust me (although the shadow-seer says you can only trust mercurio and beckett, i don't think she meant us)

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/23/05 11:41 AM

Lucca, do you have version 1.1 of Redemption? In the original version, you couldn't save anywhere you wanted, but they corrected that in a later version. The patch also does that.

Wilhem should have the Feed icon. What do you see when you click on the disciplines icon for him? Under "Common" you should see "Feed" and "Blood Healing."

Did you do it yet, Pat? I agree with Lucca, the only way to kill her is with firearms. I used the shotgun until I ran out of ammo, then switched to the Brock & whatever else I had. The Bush Hook does a lot of damage, but it's very hard to fight her with melee weapons.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/23/05 11:07 PM

Shoot, I hope I didn't mess up. I have the Steyr Aug, Lassiter Killomatic, McLusky, the Bush Hook and the Firethrower. Do you think I can get her?

Get this, since I turned around and started Chinatown I'm in totally different area's. I can't find the jade statues or the round room that the statues go on. The first time I was there I couldn't get anywhere past the guards to the jade statues. Any tips there?

Thanks!
Pat

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/24/05 12:01 AM

Mistake on my part; The bush hook is malee, the other firearm I have is a crossbow I picked up in the temple. Haven't used it yet though so I don't know how it works. One other thing, the last time I was hear I jumped down in that round room of water works, or whatever it is, and was able to unlock the bid red double doors and push the wood slab across and out so I could go through. This time I can't unlock it or push it. Any clues? Sorry..........I feel so needy.

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/24/05 06:37 AM

I had trouble on that too, just stand by the handle and walk through it, it should move with you. if it doesn't, reload from your last saved game. that's what it said in the tech support section.
i sneaked past the guards, they didn't even know i was there.
don't worry, eventually, Ming WILL die evil

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/24/05 06:40 AM

barb, still nothing on wilhem, i'm feeding him vitae potions, but he needs blood all the time, and he's always whining.

more patches, frown i hate patching, link me to one, will ya? smile

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/24/05 02:52 PM

Hi Lucca, here's the patch for Redemption:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/vampireredemption/downloads.php

This is if you have version 1.0. If you already have version 1.1, you don't need it. You can tell which version you have when you first start the game, on the save/load screen.

I'm going to start a new thread - Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, so so Zanthia won't get after us! lol We'll see if we can figure out what Wilhem's problem is. smile

Barb
Posted By: Zanthia

Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption) - 02/24/05 05:17 PM

barb,

thanksfor starting the new redemption thread.as this thread is getting so long i am going to close this one down.

then you or lucca or anyone else can start up a new one up for bloodlines (only).

I am also going to edit the thread title to reflect that it does cover both games. this helps for those doing searches.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community