GB HOMEPAGE

DS 2 help!!!

Posted By: Nanjoan

DS 2 help!!! - 11/08/05 02:48 PM

I ave got as far as Windstone Fortress. I have rescued 2 of the missing soldiers, Banos and Calden but the last one (Nolan)simply won't follow me back to the others. Can anyone help here ???

thanks

Nanjoan
Posted By: nickie

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/08/05 04:08 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, you have to move some of that wall so he can follow you.

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/08/05 07:06 PM

Thanks Nickie, tried it, it worked. Brilliant game, can't leave it alone.

Nanjoan thanks

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/08/05 07:08 PM

Great! So glad you're having fun with it! I loved all the color and detail, don't you? bravo

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/08/05 08:00 PM

I certainly loved the other two, I played them several times. This one though is fabulous. I feel it is more exciting than the others. It is certainly keeping me from doing anything else, even Fable which I have left for now. It will probably be played over and over. I was going to save this for christmas, but it kept calling to me from the shelf wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 10:35 AM

I have one more question. I appear to have 'lost' an item, I don't know where, but I need it for a further mission. frown

Is there anyway to go back on a previous save game ???

Nanjoan
Posted By: popcorneater

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 11:14 AM

No way on the previous save, but are you sure you lost it.
Items needed for quests, cannot be sold, no can a pet eat them..you may have dropped it, but I think the word "quest item" would grab your attention.

I found some items were placed not in inventory screen, but in the log book..can't remember all the tabs..but do go in and check there first.

I know a headress and a few other things for quest needs were there for me..

Let us know..and btw: what was it?

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 11:25 AM

Hi Ingie, it was the doll from quest 2 and I am sure I had it in my inventory.

Perhaps, as I love this game, I can start from the beginning again with a new character.

I am still thinking about that think

Nanjoan

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 11:35 AM

In that quest, you should trade the doll for another item, I think it's elf ale or something like that..if you have that inventory, you're okay

You'll be trading items for this quest through all three Acts..

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 11:39 AM

I tried trading for the Elf Ale but she want's something in return, the doll, I only realised it was missing when I started Act 2.

I think I will start again and change my character a bit.

Nanjoan

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 11:46 AM

Starting over isn't a problem,

but perhaps you didn't pick up the ale when you traded the doll..it has to be taken off the table by you or a member of your party.
Funny that cause they sure take it out of inventory for you rotfl

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 11:52 AM

I will give it another try and see what happens, but if I have to start again I can rethink my skills and actions happydance

I am sure to be back in any case.

Thanks Ingie

Nanjoan thanks

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 09:18 PM

I did that once - didn't pick up the item, I mean. I agree with you Nanjoan - the first one was fun, but they have made a lot of good changes with this one. Have fun!

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 09:28 PM

Hi Ingie and Nickie, well I started again and am doing quite well. I have got to find the prisoner next, but I am enjoying it. Definitely taking more care.

I didn't lose the doll this time and got the Elvin wine.

Ingie, I have sent a reply to your email.

It's almost 9.30 p.m. here and I have been on my machine most of the day. I think it's about time I had a break and a glass of something nice. No doubt I will be back worrying you again tomorrow.

Night Night

Nanjoan

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 09:38 PM

No worries, Nanjoan, happy to help if I can, so ask away. And do have a glass for me, would you? wink
Posted By: *Sugar Plum*

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 11:33 PM

thumbsup Well I am new here. I would be glad to help someone.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/09/05 11:45 PM

Hi Sugar Plum
wave
Cathy

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/10/05 03:00 PM

Same here...you'll be in fine "spirits" next trip..

Glad you're having fun, I enjoyed the game, though the mapping was a bit wild to say the least..and the save system..surly could have been updated..but hey, the story line and fun were there for me.

Ingie laugh

Edit Here: Yikes Hi sugarplum wave good to meet you and
welcome didn't mean to over look you..

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/10/05 04:35 PM

Let me add my welcome, Sugar Plum! We can always use more help, thanks!

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/10/05 10:14 PM

lol

Nanjoan

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/10/05 10:25 PM

No one can say there isn't a lot of killing in the game! Did my fingers ever get tired! Now why didn't I think of that glass of red wine... laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/12/05 08:38 PM

Well it's Saturday evening and I am in the forest. We have had 2 power cuts so I have been back and forth for ages. Still trying to get to the caravan.

I am now going back to RPG's for help on hubby's game.

Be back soon
Nanjoan wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/12/05 08:54 PM

You're in Act II then, right?

If I can remember-HA..you head out of the bridge area after you make friends with Finala..(SP is horrible for that, but hope you know who I mean)
then you'll find the caravan following that 'pathway'..

She's a good one to add to your party, she fixes things..remember the one location where the handle was broken in the cave and it said..if you had someone like Finala she could repair it? Anyway, she's also a Combat Mage..so she comes with some good spells and can be of value for quite a bit.

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/12/05 09:03 PM

Hi Ingie. I have got her with me and dropped one of the others. Got as far as meeting the driver of the caravan (Sorry am in Act 2) TWICE
as the power went off and I had to do it all over again.

Only good thing is we remembered where the torches were thumbsup wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/12/05 09:14 PM

Nanjoan,
If you can make it around that area quick enough, there is a teleporter, so the trek back will be easier for you..

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/12/05 09:19 PM

Ingie
Quick question, if I get to the teleporter and go back to town then come back again will that teleporter be on the list.

The reason I ask is when the power went only a couple of teleporters were listed when the power came on again.

Nanjoan

I told you there would be a lot of silly questions rotfl

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/12/05 10:17 PM

Closing down for this evening for that glass of wine.

See you all tomorrow

Nanjoan wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/12/05 11:39 PM

Sorry didn't get back sooner was gone from home..
however, yep all you really need do is click on it to activate it..but I always like to use it first just to make sure.
Just remember what area you're in, as it may or may not be the last teleporter on the list.
Also, the ones in Act I will not show on a telelporter in Act II..You have to go back to the first Act I village area and get to those areas from it..same in all 3 Acts.

Ingie laugh
Posted By: Annie

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/13/05 12:03 AM

This sounds great, but what game is it? eek

Welcome, Sugar Plum! I love your name!

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/13/05 12:26 AM

Annie, wave

This thread is talking about Dungeon Siege 2 and it is a good one..I enjoyed it a lot.

Ingie laugh

And your welcome to sugarplum is beautiful..

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/13/05 03:13 PM

Ahhh! Thank you, Popcorneater. Do I need to play DS1 first? I'm desperately in need of something new to play!

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/13/05 04:04 PM

You're welcome Annie,

Nope, this is a stand alone game, not an expansion.

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/14/05 12:52 AM

Thanks again! I think I'll give it a try. wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/17/05 09:30 PM

Hi everyone, I am still playing this game have been for the last few days. I have got as far as the mines (twice)then died twice.

This is some game and I am thoroughly enjoying it BUT I have been looking around for Arinth's Legendary Staff and can't find the bits anywhere. I am trying to follow a sort of strategy guide but that doesn't help much either. I seem to have been wandering around for ages and ages.

Any ideas think

Nanjoan

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/17/05 10:26 PM

Hi Nanjoan, wave

You'll find the parts of Arinth's Legendary Staff in 3 separate dungeons spread across the game..
1.northern corner of the Northern Vai'lutra Forest
2.western side of Snowbrook Valley
3.SW corner of Isteru's Caverns
You have to be able to speak with the spirits...
If you need more details, just email me, and I'll send them to you..

Which mines are you dying in??

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/18/05 09:37 AM

Good morning, it is 9.30 am here and very frosty and cold so it is game time lol

Nanjoan wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/18/05 03:05 PM

Hi Nanjoan, wave

Who do you have in your party??
In the mines you should have a four party group, they're hard and you don't want to miss even a little section in there. Lots of little secret passages and goodies

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/18/05 09:03 PM

Hi Ingie
I have a mellee knight with spells, ranger with crossbow and spells, combat mage and Vix who is a sharpshooter. I Don't have a nature mage but I think that was a mistake.

I started this morning, had lunch break, went to the dentist and came back to the game. It's 9pm now so I have just shut the game down. Probably will have to do the mine bit again tomorrow but start earlier.

This game is addictive wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/18/05 10:19 PM

Yes it is..totally agree.. praise

A nature mage is good for healing, but a ranger can pick up that skill also..

It might help help you a bit in the mines to have lots of potions if you don't have a healer..and I found the Half-giant was my best party member..like an ox.

Sounds like an interesting group though and I'm sure you'll get a lot of work out of them..have fun

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/19/05 09:04 AM

Well it is that sad person again me me me. It is 9 am and I am back on this computer. If I was still working I couldn't cope wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/19/05 12:28 PM

Hi Nanjoan, happydance

I was a Ranger, had him, took Taar-the nature mage and had chilly, my ice element pet..he was great

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/19/05 04:41 PM

Hi Ingie wave

I haven't used a pet in this game, so when I start again after this I think I will get one.

I have me as knight, Sartan as Knight, Taar as combat mage and Finil?? as archer anyway she uses a massive crossbow.

As it is now getting dark here and it is still frosty and cold I will just have to comtinue playing. I am at the water trials and keep getting lost so that should keep be busy this evening.

Nanjoan wave wave
Posted By: lindy236

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/19/05 05:35 PM

Hi everyone wave

I just started this game and have some questions. Do you need to finish all of the quest in one act before moving to another or can you move back and forth between acts? The storage chest in each village does your stuff carry over or do you start with a empty one when you find a new one?

So far I like the game, but not the save system mad Good graphics and color. The jungle makes it hard to find things and the map isn't much help, just a little.

Thanks
Linda wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/19/05 06:09 PM

Hi Lindy! lol

Nanjoan, I also used the ice elemental, and between he and the half giant, they kept the party alive several times...
Posted By: Schwab35

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/19/05 09:12 PM

Also, anything you have in a storage chest WILL appear in all the storage chests.

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/19/05 09:23 PM

Well now I am real trouble. I am doing the water trials under Kalrathia. I can get 3 platforms to raise up and I opened the floodgates for the 4th but although the water poured down the channel no platform was raised. I have tried this about 15 times so I must be mising something.

For the life of me I can't seem to find what is wrong. Any ideas wave
Posted By: Schwab35

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/19/05 10:09 PM

This can be a confusing area, I don't remember every move exactly but try looking HERE for a detailed solution.

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/20/05 10:46 AM

Thanks I have printed that section off and followed it to the letter but I must be missing something as I tried 5 times this morning and could open and get 3 levels of the platform. I went very slowly through to get the 4th but after I opened the final 2 gates and turned the wheel the water came down the slope but nothing else happened.

I don't know what to do now. I will give it one more try frown

Any suggestions anyone wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/20/05 02:21 PM

Nanjoan, wave

Please CYE re: instruction for waterway per Strategy Guide..

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/20/05 07:20 PM

Thanks Ingie thumbsup

Nanjoan wave wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/20/05 07:43 PM

Glad you got through that part, Nanjoan! I had the strategy guide, and didn't understand it, so just bumbled around hitting the sparkly things until it worked. lol

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/20/05 07:56 PM

Btw does anyone know how to move just one member of the team and leave the others away from the area duh

Nanjoan wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/20/05 09:03 PM

Pretty much what you saw mentioned was
"Does anyone know how to just have one member move?"

If you figure it out..clue us all in please..
I gave up and just let the fools run amok and handled just the one guy I wanted to the task. The ran about healing everyone..just make sure you have resurrection scrolls on the one you're controlling.

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/20/05 09:15 PM

Thanks Ingie
The reason I asked was because I am trying to kill the archmage and we all keep dying. But I will keep going and see if I can't split them up - should be fun lol

Nanjoan wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 04:26 AM

Here's how you get just one member to move and the others to stay put.

Go into options, click on input, click on hotkeys, scroll down untill you see "wait command" type in a key that isn't being used. I made mine the "t" key. Then to bring them back together hit the "mirror-F key.

This really helps when doing puzzles or just scouting ahead.

Linda wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 11:01 AM

Linda what a wonderful person you are, I tried for ages last night to get this to work, never thought of options though. Now we press on happydance

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 12:36 PM

lindy 236... happydance

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 05:54 PM

welcome Linda

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 06:18 PM

wave

I'm justing starting Act II. Has anyone done what is called the The Mysterious Quest. I guess it begins in this Act. It starts out when you first encounter the item thief know only as ???.

wave
Linda

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 06:32 PM

Hi Linda, evil

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 09:10 PM

Hi Ingie, wave

I think that's the one. He drops a Teleporter stone that leads to the quest? So on it goes.
I'm going to try and do it if I can.

Linda smile

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 09:29 PM

Hi Linda wave
I picked up loads of mysterious chants but I don't know what they relate to yet, I haven't tried one to find out. I don't remember the thief thing ???? or I haven't seen him.

Ingie, I split up my team, isn't it wonderful, I only use options for sound and gamma, will look closer next time wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 11:26 PM

If you want to try some of the mysterious chants..you're right there are quite a few of them...try the one near your first village, Incantation Shrine that is..that way..not far to travel if you have to go to a reload..can't remember what some of them were..but I did try a few.

happydance

Ingie laugh

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/21/05 11:29 PM

Day's work is done and dinner is over. Nothing good on TV, SO on with the game. Here I come. happydance

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/22/05 08:26 AM

Ingie, the Archmage was very hard but worked with only one person. I seemed to be battling for ages then suddenly it was over, my fingers did ache a bit though laugh

Well onwards again today, the big guy coming up. Once I have done this bit I think I will go back and try some more quests. wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/22/05 08:16 PM

Thats it everyone, I finished mercenary level and am back doing quests I missed earlier. Great fun. wave

I am then going to try the next level up (veteran) now I have got a good idea of what to do.

Nanjoan wave wave wave

Re: DS 2 help!!! - 11/22/05 10:12 PM

bravo bravo bravo Nanjoan!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community