GB HOMEPAGE

JTTCOTE install

Posted By: Howard the Doc

JTTCOTE install - 12/30/03 08:22 PM

I have tried installing two copies of this game without success (sent first one back to Amazon but replacement was no better). I tried installing the first one 4 times. Several times I would get a "Missing file" error. Once it did install completely but nothing happened when I clicked on the shortcut or the .exe file in the game folder. I tried the second one twice and each time it installed until the progres bar got to the end then it asked me to "Insert DiskO with file Data3.cab" or some such. It's only one disk! I emailed viva-media this am but have not heard yet. I disbled by Norton antivirus when I installed. My system is Win98SE, PIII700 at 850, 256 mg RAM, GeForce FX, 80 GB hard drive. Thoughts anyone? Thanks. Howard
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: JTTCOTE install - 12/30/03 10:08 PM

Try contacting Viva Media about this.
http://www.viva-media.com/content.aspx?pageID=33

Call Toll-Free: 1-877-848-6520

OR

email: mail@viva-media.com

I've heard that they're much better over the phone than they are with email.

The game has some sort of copy "protection" on it and the way the installer can't locate Data3.cab makes me suspect that that may be the problem - that your CD drive is having difficulties reading the CD because of the copy "protection." Of course it could also be that you got two bad CD's. But either way, I think it's best to inform Viva.
Posted By: Howard the Doc

Re: JTTCOTE install - 12/31/03 02:18 PM

Thanks, Jenny. May 2004 be a wonderful year for you.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community