GB HOMEPAGE

under a killing moon

Posted By: bigalrlfc

under a killing moon - 05/02/03 01:06 PM

i have just purchased this game and it can only be played in ms dos mode.i have windows 98.it tells me to exit windows.to play the game,but i don't know how to do this please help.thank you.
Posted By: satch

Re: under a killing moon - 05/02/03 01:47 PM

Its been a long time since I used 98, but as I recall, if you follow the shut down procedure, when you get to the screen with the shut down options, there is an option to restart in DOS. Try it and see if that works.
Posted By: satch

Re: under a killing moon - 05/02/03 01:58 PM

I just checked my laptop which has 98 and you can follow the above procedure to restart in DOS.

To get back to Windows, type "exit" at the DOS prompt.
Posted By: syd

Re: under a killing moon - 05/02/03 10:07 PM

You can also run the game from a shortcut on your desktop. I used W98 and got it to work just fine.
Posted By: walt

Re: under a killing moon - 05/02/03 11:16 PM

I aggree with Syd...I also run it from a ShortCut on the Desktop
in Win 98SE.
" Walt U.K.

Re: under a killing moon - 05/03/03 11:19 AM

i am getting a message coming up,cd rom not available,aborting game,i will try typing w98,thanks.
Posted By: syd

Re: under a killing moon - 05/03/03 01:26 PM

Hi bigalrlfc:

Just typing in W98 won't work - follow these instructions:

Put CD in your rom drive - right click on your rom drive - click open and find the install file. After the game is installed it will tell you to type in Moon to play - just hit the X in the right hand corner to close the window.

Go into your C drive and find the game file - it's called Moon. Open it and find the exe file called Moon - right click on it and send it to desktop as a shortcut.

Now go to your desktop - right click on the Moon shortcut>Properties>Program>Advanced. Put a check mark by Prevent MS-DOS based program from detecting windows - make sure no other boxes are checked. Hit apply

The game should start from there and send you to the screen where you set up your sound card.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: under a killing moon - 05/03/03 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigalrlfc:
i am getting a message coming up,cd rom not available,aborting game...
That means you haven't loaded any CDROM drivers for DOS. If you can play it in Windows, you won't get this problem.

Re: under a killing moon - 05/11/03 12:19 AM

can you please tell me how i can load cdrom drivers for dos,thank you.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: under a killing moon - 05/11/03 03:54 AM

Add this line to your C:\config.sys

DEVICEHIGH=C:\Windows\Command\Ebd\Oakcdrom.sys /D:MYCD

Add this line to your C:\Windows\dosstart.bat (with a boot disk you can add it to the autoexec.bat)

LH C:\Windows\Command\MSCDEX.exe /D:MYCD

You can use Notepad to open the files and edit them.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community