GB HOMEPAGE

The real story?

Posted By: Fairygdmther

The real story? - 01/22/04 02:44 PM

Is the game based on the real story of Jack the Ripper, and if so how do you handle the solution to who did it? Supposedly no one is sure who the real villain is. How true is the game to the time frame of the real incident? Thanks for coming here to answer questions. I'm really looking forward to playing the game.

FGM
Posted By: MDAMLADY

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 02:52 PM

My very question, Fairygdmther, after I got over my excitement.

Would you be giving out too many SPOILERS if you answer this one?
Posted By: Philippe Gaude - Galilea

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 03:00 PM

Jack The Ripper game is a

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 03:23 PM

Do we take the part of an investigator looking into the murders, or are we a bystander who happens to get involved?

FGM

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 03:41 PM

You happen to be a young reporter whose new boss assign to cover the murders happening in a poor New York district. Looks like promotion

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 03:49 PM

Thank you for your time, and answers to my questions.

FGM
Posted By: Becky

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 03:57 PM

Will you be recreating historical locations in New York? Did the setting in New York require a lot of research too?

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 04:09 PM

Why New York?
Why not in his native London later in time?
Posted By: Jenny

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 04:12 PM

Hmmmm, one of the original suspects went to New York--wonder if that could have anything to do with this game... think

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 04:25 PM

We did quite a lot of researches, but we did not recreate a real district. We merely created a fictional one but very close to the real one. And say, you assume he was from London...

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 04:48 PM

Only because the first Jack did he dasterdly deeds in the White Castle district of London in the late 1800's.

Assuming therefore he was English; Hmmmm, maybe he wasn't English by your inference. Interesting!

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 04:50 PM

Like Jenny, I wonder if this world traveler could be the same Jack?
Posted By: Llewton

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 06:13 PM

Playing a reporter investigationg Jack the ripper type killings souds alot like a game from a while back called Ripper.

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 06:52 PM

We never played
Posted By: Happy Gamer

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 07:14 PM

I was thinking the murders were carried out in the White Chapel area??? But I could be very wrong....old mind smile
Posted By: bermag45

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 07:17 PM

I think that Jenny has hit the nail on the head when she mentions that one of the original suspects in the Whitechapel (NOT White Castle Mdamlady) murders set sail to New York. He was a doctor whose name now escapes me.

The Whitechapel murders have always been of interest to many people in the UK albeit that many more serious serial murders have been committed since that time - funny old world isn't it? smile

Bernie happydance

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 07:19 PM

Nope, you

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 07:56 PM

Sorry Bermag45,

Knew it was White Chapel, think faster than I can type.
Posted By: girlgeek

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 09:29 PM

Really, Phillipe....your game sounds VERY much different than Ripper. For one...Ripper takes place far in the future, and really, in my opinion, had little or nothing to do with the REAL Jack the Ripper case. Just my opinion.

Re: The real story? - 01/22/04 09:37 PM

Thanks girlgeek ! We tried to stay true to the myth and personality of Jack The Ripper, even in that
© 2024 GameBoomers Community