GB HOMEPAGE

Dialogue Method

Posted By: gatorlaw

Dialogue Method - 01/22/04 07:39 PM

I like the fact that you have subject options for dialogue choices - rather than long conversational threads.

What made you go with this over the more traditional list of questions, you see in many games?
Posted By: Philippe Gaude - Galilea

Re: Dialogue Method - 01/22/04 07:49 PM

The designer and myself spent a lot of time playing and testing all king of games. We ended up choosing the most streamlined conversation system, with one single aim in mind : keep you involved and immersed. Never let you stop and say,
Posted By: Witchen

Re: Dialogue Method - 01/22/04 11:16 PM

Hi. smile

Does this mean there are or are not subtitles in the game? Those of us who do not hear so well rely on text to tell us what's going on in conversation.

Thanks, Phillipe!
Witchen

Re: Dialogue Method - 01/22/04 11:18 PM

There are optional subtitles in the game, but they work like in a movie, they are not used in conversation control.

Re: Dialogue Method - 01/22/04 11:31 PM

Okay, Phillipe, so if I understand correctly, if you choose the subtitles option, you can see the conversation from cut scene movies in the game as text on the bottom of the screen. However, in making conversation with a character in the course of playing the game, there are no subtitles?

Thanks for the clarification.

Witchen

Re: Dialogue Method - 01/22/04 11:57 PM

I just went and re-checked. You have sub-titles for dialogues. I think he means you don't use them when talking, they just appear at the bottom when someone says anything - like in movies.

So yes - if you choose the option, you got the text version for all chatting.

Re: Dialogue Method - 01/23/04 12:13 AM

Thanks Gatorlaw, I think I was a bit confusing :-) So yes, if you check the option, each time anybody says anything in the game there is a written subtitle.

Re: Dialogue Method - 01/23/04 01:06 AM

Hey that's ok. I have had to negotiate a French-Eglish phone interview twice, It is a bit of a task. <G>

Sometimes, the translation isn't easy - well for me anyway lol

Re: Dialogue Method - 01/23/04 10:32 PM

Thanks a bunch for the further information, Laura and Phillipe. That definitely does clear up the confusion!

Witchen thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community