GB HOMEPAGE

The Art of Murder

Posted By: Bitty Kitty

The Art of Murder - 08/04/08 03:06 PM

I just finished this game and was actually thrilled with it. it had just enough CSI and just enough mystery to keep me guessing up near the end of the game just like most CSI games and other mysteries do. However, I have to say are we ever going to know what Nick looked like? I mean it almost reminded me of Nancy Drew because you only get shadows with her figure and a voice to go along with it. Do they intend to make another one? Just thought I would voice an opinion and ask a question at the same time.

Kem
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/04/08 03:11 PM

I just started it last night and only played a half hour but so far so good. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ana wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/04/08 04:32 PM

I had a lot of fun with it too, Bitty Kitty. I enjoyed most of the puzzles, and found the story interesting. I don't know about a sequel, but if there should be one then I would definitely buy it.
Posted By: RayBres

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/04/08 05:03 PM

I've got this one ordered and should get it soon. I'm very interested in it because I recall reading somewhere here that the developers are basically the same people that were at the late lamented Detalion, which was responsible for Reah and the Mysterious Journey games. Their last effort was my favorite of theirs, Sentinel: Descendants in Time, which showed (to me) that they really had become masters of their craft.

Then, wouldn't you know it, Detalion went out of business. This seems to be some variant of Murphy's Law; remember Presto Studios? I'd thought that they had really come into their own when they did Myst III: Exile and, having done so, that we'd see more installments of the Journeyman Project series. But nooooooo, they went out of business instead!

Anyway, it's encouraging to hear some positive comments about Art of Murder.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/04/08 08:11 PM

I know just what you mean, RayBres. Presto and Detalion were great and I was looking forward to more of their games.

I don't understand the title of the game. Where is the "art" in how the murders were committed?
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/04/08 09:40 PM

Great game I thought...

Jenny100...I think the Art was in the fact that the
Click to reveal..
Boss was the murderer
You have to be very Artistic to do what he did..Especially he was a
Click to reveal..
Chief of the FBI Division
Posted By: Bitty Kitty

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/04/08 10:20 PM

you also spend part of your time in an Art Museum so that may also have something to do with the title as well.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/05/08 03:18 PM

My thought on the title was that the 'art' referred to:
Click to reveal..
the treasures found i.e. works of art or artifacts.

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/05/08 03:21 PM

chrissie

Your explanation of it sounds "Right" thumbsup
I never thought of the artifacts.
Posted By: escakacs

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/05/08 05:35 PM

I'm with Jenny. the title implies that there is some sort of art to the murders.

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/05/08 07:08 PM

The way I saw it there was no 'art' to the murders - it was a play on words incorporating a significant aspect of the game, escakacs, - IMO anyway! smile

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/05/08 07:51 PM

I agree with that also. The title implies that there is though. Some murders are very well thought out, you know. Some would call them elegant.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/05/08 07:52 PM

I found Art of Murder a very enjoyable game, and like the rest of you wondered why Nicks face was never shown. The only thing I missed was more interaction with more characters the FBI Building was wierd only 3 people in it. The only part I hated was the arcade part for her to escape the room, I nearly gave up after so many tries and dying and restarting my save game. crazy
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/06/08 01:56 AM

I think Art of Murder a good game, indeed is a great surprise for me because i did not expect that the game was so good. I am still playing but i already can say that is a great game.

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: Ascovel

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/06/08 08:41 AM

Here in Poland the developer of Art of Murder already announced a new adventure game developed by the same team. It's called Testament of Faith. The main heroine is a french archeology student - Sylvie Leroux. She will be interested in the middle ages and the mysteries surrounding the Knights of Malta Order. The young woman's researches will lead her to Istambul, Malta and Rome. Here are two first screens from the game (only backgrounds):

screen #1
screen #2

Originally Posted By: RayBres
I'm very interested in it because I recall reading somewhere here that the developers are basically the same people that were at the late lamented Detalion, which was responsible for Reah and the Mysterious Journey games. Their last effort was my favorite of theirs, Sentinel: Descendants in Time, which showed (to me) that they really had become masters of their craft.

Only a part of Detalion is still working together and creating adventure games. The rest went on to other companies. For example Maciej Miąsik who was interviewed for Sentinel here on GameBoomers has become the head of production for The Witcher. If you're interested, I've conducted an interview with one of Art of Murder's creators which includes a more detailed history of the studio.
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/06/08 10:19 AM

Hi Ascovel and welcome to GameBoomers! welcome

Thanks for the information and the screen shots. thumbsup
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/06/08 04:51 PM

I'm already sold on this game, especially after viewing Screen #2 which takes me back to Nicole and Art of Murder. I'm sure I will like Sylvie too!
Thanks Ascovel for this great news! And a BIG WELCOME to you from a happy gamer who thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with Nicole Bonnet.

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/06/08 08:19 PM

Thank you for a warm welcome Becky and sierramindy.

I found even more information about this new game:

- the worldwide release is scheduled supposedly for October 31 of this year! (I'm afraid this may be a mistake though)

- the engine is different than in Art of Murder - this time it's the one that was used in both Syberia games and Post Mortem

- the story will center around a huge conspiracy and a religious scandal in the vein of The Da Vinci Code

Personally, I had mixed feelings about Art of Murder (some things were great, others not so much), but I like its creators and the Detalion legacy they represent and I'm very curious how will they improve on their previous title (the choice of a different engine seems to be an important step in the right direction).

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/06/08 08:54 PM

Hi Ascovel welcome I loved Art of Murder, perhaps there were some things that weren't so great but I found it to be a surprisingly good game (& amongst my favourites!). I look forward to anything the same developers come up with. wink
Posted By: Mystic Falls

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/07/08 10:17 AM

I enjoyed this game too. It was such a relief after playing Arsene Lupin.
Posted By: nickie

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/07/08 03:21 PM

Welcome Ascovel, and thanks for the news! I regret for the adventure community that Maciej Miąsik left it - simply brilliant, but as a Witcher fan I'm happy!

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/07/08 03:29 PM

Even though I don't play RPGs, even I was hearing about the RPG fan's expressions of pleasant surprise with The Witcher. Is the talented Maciej Miąsik part of the reason, then?
Posted By: nickie

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/07/08 11:31 PM

He was the head of production for the game. Sorry, you can't have him back. devil

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/08/08 01:30 AM

Hi Ascovel

welcome To Game boomers...The new screenshots are so inviting.. Thank You for taking the time to post here about the new game....I am very interested... thumbsup

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/08/08 09:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Even though I don't play RPGs, even I was hearing about the RPG fan's expressions of pleasant surprise with The Witcher. Is the talented Maciej Miąsik part of the reason, then?

Although I haven't played The Witcher, from what I hear I think the biggest reason behind its appeal is the decision to stay very true to the source material - the stories written by Andrzej Sapkowski. I'm familiar with all of his Witcher books and the moral ambiguities and extreme, uncompromised consequences of certain choices that Sapkowski presents in his writing must make the game really stand out from the crowd. The only RPG title with similiar complexity of these aspects could be Planescape: Torment.

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/08/08 10:31 AM

Quote:
He was the head of production for the game. Sorry, you can't have him back.

lol It would be interesting to find out how different it is to head up the production of an RPG, contrasted with an adventure game. Hmmmm.

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/08/08 11:45 AM

Sounds like a good reason to ask for an interview Becky. wink

Ana happydance

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/08/08 01:35 PM

idea
Posted By: Laurette

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/10/08 02:46 PM

Re: Art of Murder: After reading the good things about the game, I was going to order it. However, when the dreaded word "arcade" was mentioned, now I am not so sure. Is there a cheat or bypass for this part? Thanks.
Posted By: marie

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/10/08 03:31 PM

Laurette, I'm about 2/3 of the way through the game and I haven't played any arcade games yet.

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/10/08 03:43 PM

I don't remember one. I finished it a couple of weeks ago though. At my age, sometimes I'm lucky to remember yesterday.

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/10/08 07:48 PM

There was a comment made by Sherryah, about getting out of room and dying and having to start over. It's on page 1.

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/10/08 08:01 PM

There is, from what I can remember, just the one weeny timed puzzle where you can get killed & it is totally in context with the story. If you don't like this sort of puzzle (as I don't!)
you can easily do it by just following the walkthrough. Otherwise this is an intriguing game well worth playing. smile

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/10/08 08:16 PM

Thanks, Chrissie!

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/10/08 08:30 PM

I remember it. I only got killed twice. It wasn't bad at all! I too, don't like arcade games.
Posted By: Oranger

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/30/08 07:51 PM

After two heavy disappointments in a row (I didn't like the sinking island and the Nostradamus Last Prophecy I liked even less), the Art of Murder game was a relish! But the clues are easy to decipher by a criminal stories fan. Chaser and Raches sounds much the same I must say.
Click to reveal..
By the time the secretary told about Chaser's wife being killed a while ago, I got a strong suspicion already, and when Alvarado said they had recognized Raches by the watches, I was pretty sure! But I expected him to come up to Nicole in the jungles.
And by the way, isn't it queer, Nicole Bonnais and Nick Romsky share the same name?
Click to reveal..
For a while I speculated over the idea that Nick is a made up character, living in Nicole imagination only
. It would add some spice to the game, wouldn't it?

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/30/08 08:24 PM

Hey, Oranger. Could you edit your post and put a SPOILERS warning in there? BIG SPILERS warning even.

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/30/08 08:35 PM

Oranger,
Click to reveal..
there are many other references regarding Nick by other people so I never got the impression she was imagining him.

Ana wave
Posted By: Oranger

Re: The Art of Murder - 08/31/08 05:49 AM

oops oops oops hardwall
© 2024 GameBoomers Community