GB HOMEPAGE

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New Trailer - Added UK release date

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New Trailer - Added UK release date - 09/24/08 02:55 PM

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches promises a feast for lovers of ghost stories, mysteries, folklore, and puzzles.

Quote:
Got Game Entertainment LLC today announced that its first-person adventure Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches (PC) is scheduled for release in North America on October 5, 2008. Legends, myths, and magic spill into reality as an ancient battle for revenge envelopes a remote Welsh farmstead in this puzzle-rich, point-and-click adventure game. Created by Arberth Studios of West Wales, Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches brims with Celtic atmosphere in an eerie tale of the haunting of a lonely, teenage girl. Blending magic with technology, fact with myth, and fright with compassion, Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches is a feast for lovers of ghost stories, mysteries, folklore, and puzzles.

Good news despite what the press release says, they actually started shipping already. happydance EDIT: Anyone receiving their game early consider it a stroke of luck and enjoy the game. The rest will be shipping on Oct. 5th.

Quote:
Development of Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches entailed just over two years of a life-changing journey for the three team members, and we want it to give at least as much satisfaction to our players as we got from creating it, said Arberth Studios co-founder Noel Bruton. As far as we know, this is the first time the Welsh Four Branches legends have been woven into an adventure game.

Based on the classic Welsh Four Branches legends, Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches is set on the grounds of Ty Pryderi (House of Pryderi), an ancient and mystery-shrouded farmstead on the Celtic fringes of Britain. As the Sullivan family, the new owners of Ty Pryderi, embarks on renovations and restorations to their new home, daughter Rhiannon reports unexplained noises and strange visions. Are these merely the figments of an overactive imagination of a 15 year old girl or does the history of this place hold a terrible connection to a timeless struggle between man and magic? Her parents take Rhiannon away leaving Ty Pryderi to your watch and exploration, but their absence can only postpone an age-old inevitability of revenge and death,Unless you can stop it.

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches will make its retail debut at $29.99 (USD) and is rated T for Teen by the ESRB for Drug Reference, Violent References.

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches will make its retail debut at $29.99 (USD) and is rated T for Teen by the ESRB for Drug Reference, Violent References.

For more information and a trailer, visit the games website Here.

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Now Shipping - 09/24/08 02:58 PM

I like the trailer! thumbsup

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Now Shipping - 09/24/08 03:18 PM

This game is a refreshing change of pace from the recent games that were released.

It is a wonderful game, well thought out sequencing, great storyline, beautiful landscape and intriguing puzzles - with just the right touch of humor here and there.

Hope you all enjoy it as I am doing.
BTW - don't forget to feed the cat (in-game humor).
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Now Shipping - 09/24/08 03:41 PM

I edited the shipping info. The release date is in fact October 15th and shipping is on hold till that date despite a few orders that slipped through.

Ana wave

Posted By: noelbruton

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Now Shipping - 09/24/08 03:43 PM

MaG

Even if you don't remember to feed the cat, there's always the little boys' room (further in game humour) lol

Noel
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Now Shipping - 09/24/08 03:46 PM

I had this ordered and cancelled it because I read in the reviews where there is no character intervention. I like character intervention. Do you talk to the ghosts? Do you see the ghosts or have ghost busting equipment? I am debating whether to get this game again and your answers will help me decide. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: escakacs

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/24/08 03:56 PM

My copy in crawling it's way toward me through the snail mail. When is the walkthrough being published? blush

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/24/08 04:32 PM

Noel,
That's the lil girl's room. lol

escakacs,
When the game releases. I am lucky to have one - so it will be done. smile
If you get the game and need help - post at Hints or mail me.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/24/08 05:44 PM

Thanks Ana. I really liked the trailer and loved the creepy music. I'm definately ordering this one. happydance

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/24/08 06:52 PM

Oh, I have no doubt that you'll get it done. You're the man...err woman!!! evil

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/24/08 07:32 PM

Hello Sherryah,

In 'Rhiannon', you're exploring alone. Everybody else has taken fright and left. Indeed, you will see the ghosts. They'll communicate with you. You can't talk to them because they are only trapped echoes, calling into a future they cannot comprehend. They're not just any old ghosts. You'll learn who each of them is, the tragic and malevolent circumstances that put them where they are, their history. If we've done our job right, then just like in a good movie, you'll care about and identify with the people they used to be, just as much as if you'd conversed with them. You'll realise that they represent what could happen to teenage Rhiannon on her return - and you'll want, and be able, to prevent that.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Noel

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New Trailer - 09/24/08 07:35 PM

Yes it does help and makes me want to re order the game. There will be a demo of the game and I look forward to seeing that. Thank you for your answer I appreciate it. wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New Trailer - 09/24/08 08:28 PM

Thanks, Ana

Dave shipped my game already praise

I so want this game...
Posted By: marie

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New Trailer - 09/24/08 09:11 PM

I'm waiting for a Demo for this game before I decide to buy it. Although it does look spookey there aren't many (4) screenshots for the game. I did like the trailer though. wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New Trailer - 09/24/08 11:43 PM

Just got a E-mail from Dave that the game was shipped, should be getting it Sat. I have so many games on my pc that aren't finshied I should quit buying, but I guess I won't. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: gaily

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New Trailer - 09/24/08 11:49 PM

I just phoned home. Mine awaits me on the couch....Boy do I feel lucky!! It is good knowing that you are ahead of me, MaG! My big dilemma is which to play first, Nikopol or Rhiannon. I'm a happy gamer. thumbsup
Posted By: C65candy

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 02:47 AM

I just got mine from Interact today, can't wait to play it.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 08:59 AM

I will wait til Monday to see if I still have a job, if so I'll preorder from good old Interact !
EDIT Blow the job ! Just ordered it anyway.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 12:36 PM

lol I hope your job is still intact by Monday!
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 02:55 PM

Not to sure about this one either .Differant yes .I will try the demo then see .Thanks for the info on it .Is it really creepy .... wave lol

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 03:28 PM

Hi Dragon,
I am still very early in the game, but so far I would say that it is not really creepy. There are some startling moments with the ghosts but visually the game isn't dark, except where you would expect it to be. (night time; lights out)I think that it is a really quite beautiful environment. I am enjoying the game a lot. There is a lot to see and explore. Just my 2 cents worth. thumbsup
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 04:04 PM

Can you die in this. It sounds so great.

Thanks MaG!

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 04:26 PM

No, Patsy. You can't die.
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 05:53 PM

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows when the demo for this game will be ready? Seems like the game's coming out SOON and so maybe I'll just wait for the real thing, but I was just at the Rhiannon website and when you click on "demo" it says it's coming soon. Needless to say I'm curious now and eager for a taste of this game! lol

Cat

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 06:10 PM

Hi catbelly -- I think "soon" is all we know at the moment. grin
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 07:30 PM

I just ordered this game even though I know going in that it is a first person game (I like knowing that right off, usually I have to hunt to find that out and that tends to annoy me, I'm like persnickity that way.) and while I'm not into ghost-busting at all, these ghosts sound interesting to me and already I want to help them. I have a question though. How do I get involved with this house since everybody is gone? Already this game has a mystery I'm curious about, that's a good start, I guess!

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 09:13 PM

Hi Marie,

There are more screen shots at our Website www.arberthstudios.com

Regards

Noel

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 09:23 PM

Please can someone answer me this question. I get motion sickness from certain ways the camera moves especially 1st person. Noel or anyone that can answer me this, do I have to be concerned with this game about that? Like I said I ordered it and then cancelled it and want to know some answers to questions before i reorder it. Thanks in advance.

Sherryah
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 09:24 PM

Hi Gaily wave just reading this forum makes it sound good .Think I am going to take a chance on this one and get it ...Yes you have talked me into it wave lol
Posted By: LindaMarion

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 09:40 PM

seem it isnt horror but more mystery
a beta tester who i think relible says its not.im happy cos i dont llike horrror games evil
ps - he also refer to gameboomers

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 10:02 PM

Sierramindy,
You are asked to take care of the farmstead while the family is away. That is how you got involved.

Sherryah,
There is no panning - so I think you'll be fine.
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 10:02 PM

Hi Sherryah, I'm Richard one of the developers of Rhiannon at Arberth Studios and in answer to your question there is no 360 degree rotation in the game, it's straight NSEW with some up and down views - so no motion sickness! So, hope you 'go for it' as we're looking forward to the feelings and thoughts of Gameboomers who have played the game.

Richard Lee

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 10:04 PM

welcome Richard!

Great job you, Noel and Karen did. thanks
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 10:17 PM

Thanks MaG. Your comments about the game were very greatly appreciated and we all hope at Arberth for a great relationship with everyone at Gameboomers in the future! Well done on the walkthrough front - that must be 24/7 at times!

Richard

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 10:27 PM

bravo thanks Ricardo and MaG for answering that question. Now I know I can order the game and not have to worry that I won't be able to play it because of motion sickness.

Big hugs from Ireland
Sherryah
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 11:20 PM

Thanks Becky. smile

Cat

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/25/08 11:56 PM

Sierramindy,
You don't have to worry about getting involved with the ghosts, they want to be heard, even though they are "shouts" from the past. I expect I'll be able to entice you all even more after I've played some more tonight. evil
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/26/08 12:40 AM

My mind works in odd ways, so I was enchanted by these ghosts since the aim was to help them, not run away from them. I like that but what I didn't know was how I got involved with them. I was beginning to wonder if maybe I was a ghost too who just materializes to help. (Like Ghost in the Sheet maybe.) Which would have been okay, but I like MaG's answer better about being asked to take care of the farmstead while the family is away. Thanks a million, MaG, for clearing up something that puzzled me.

Hi gaily, I reckon you are really enjoying the game if you plan on enticing us all even more.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/27/08 04:19 AM

I just loaded this game and was reading on the box that it's in the tradition of Scratches. Please, tell me this game isn't like Scratches. eek
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/27/08 06:32 AM

It's not as scary as Scratches escakacs. I promise you no cellars you will not want to go near - let alone into. wink
Posted By: kjos

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/27/08 07:57 PM

Just received the game today,finished installing now. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: marie

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/29/08 06:38 PM

noelburton, thanksfor the site with the additional screenshots, they where great. wave

The game sure looks like it's going to be a big winner with all of us who like the spooky scary stuff bravo

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/29/08 08:48 PM

Marie

Nice of you to say, thanks

Noel Bruton
Arberth Studios

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New - 09/30/08 01:20 AM

What a lovely, lovely game. the music was delightful. I shall paly it over and over. When will we see another like it? thumbsup***************************************************
play
Posted By: Marian

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New Trailer - 09/30/08 04:07 AM

I received the game today in the mail and will be sure to post my thoughts about it as soon as I have had a chance to play. wave
Posted By: Carla

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - Gone Gold and New Trailer - 09/30/08 07:17 AM

In UK from the 24th of October:
Quote:
Leading videogame publisher Lighthouse Interactive, part of SilverBirch Inc.'s (SVB:TSXV) video game division, and developer Arberth Studios of West Wales, today announced that the dark mythological adventure game, Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches, will be published for the PC in the UK on 24th October 2008.

wave
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Rhiannon release !! - 09/30/08 04:13 PM

Had email from Arberth Studios today. Rhiannon is being released on the 24th October in the UK. Hurrah!! bravo

Re: Rhiannon release !! - 09/30/08 04:32 PM

Hi Upsydaisy, I posted the news this morning HERE.

No probs, always better to point it out!

wave

Re: Rhiannon release !! - 10/01/08 06:18 PM

Hello

Eskacacs said
Quote:
When will we see another like it?

Hmm. I can't say much beyond the fact that although 'Rhiannon' is our first game, it is not our last. We've started early work on the plot of a future game (story first, always!). If and when it comes to anything, this forum will be among the first to know.

Cheers

Noel Bruton
Arberth Studios

Re: Rhiannon release !! - 10/01/08 06:24 PM

Thanks Noel! Keep'em coming mate! bravo
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Rhiannon release !! - 10/02/08 01:37 AM

I ordered my copy from Dave last night, I hope to get an email soon telling me it has been shiped. I can't hardly wait to be playing it monky.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community