GB HOMEPAGE

Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs

Posted By: Becky

Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/07/08 10:32 PM

What is it about young men named Melvin? Is it that they are magical? Looney4labs discovers the answer in the storybook town of Tallen, where there's a curse, a mystery, and the need for a fearless, resourceful hero.

Everlight of Magic & Power
Posted By: MaG

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/07/08 11:09 PM

Very informative, L4L! bravo

Thanks, Becky.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/08/08 01:02 AM

Nice review, L4L

I totally am enjoying this game...It is a True Adventure without all those hard puzzles which I hate.

I think Fiona is the cutest elf I know lol

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/08/08 01:17 AM

Excellent Review L4L!

Thanks Becky!

Ana wave
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/08/08 06:31 AM

bravo bravo
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/08/08 08:50 AM

Thanks Becky, & Looney4labs for such a detailed review. smile I'm looking forward to the game turning up & was pleased to see that the cut scenes can be paused - I've lost count of the times they've been interrepted in other games by the phone ringing or my partners need to sueddenly start talking to me! lol
Posted By: nickie

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/08/08 03:48 PM

Good stuff, thanks L4L and Becky! Where can you find the workaround if you have AVG?
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/08/08 05:41 PM

Thanks Mag.

Thanks Darleen, I did find it to be fairly easy to play.

Thanks Ana wave

Thanks Flotsam puppy

Chrissie, I'm with you. I did not realize the cut scenes could be paused until half way through the game but then I did a happydance

Thanks Nickie! The workaround instructions are in a couple of threads in glitches, but they go sorta like this.

You have to completely shut down AVG, which is harder than it sounds. Just shutting down the system tray is not enough. There are 3 files you have to shut down from Task Manager and as they don't want to be shut, they keep popping up.

Then you can install the game and add the folder to the exceptions in AVG. If you have already tried to install with AVG not shut down (which is what I did) you'll find that the game.exe file has been identified as a virus and quarantined.

You'll have to take that file out of the vault. And then you'll most likely need to copy the game.exe file from the game disk into the bin file on your hard drive as it won't be there.

Once all that is done, you should be able to play.

However, you'll need to shut AVG down to play I think. I decided spending 30 minutes every time I wanted to play trying to convince AVG to shut down was way to trying so I changed Virus programs.

What is really strange is that at least one boomer (can't remember who now) has AVG and had no problems whatsoever installing or playing with AVG running. confused wave

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/09/08 01:47 AM

Oh brother! slapforehead Thanks for all the information L4L! I'll try playing it without doing anything and see what happens. Maybe easier to just uninstall AVG, play nonstop and then reinstall AVG. Is the game pretty short? lol

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/09/08 02:04 AM

Nickie, it will depend on how many hints you use and what level you play on.

I thought it was a pretty decent length, but then I tend to be stuck a lot and cover areas again and again. It's 5 chapters. If you can just ask the pertinent questions it will be much shorter, but I always listen to everything as I don't want to miss anything. lol I didn't track my time, but I'd think it was at least 10 hours, and probably more for me, but don't quote me.

Uninstalling AVG can be a hassle, and I know it played just fine for someone using AVG, but for most AVG users, it was a no go.

We sent the file to AVG and asked them to update their definition but they declined.

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/09/08 02:51 AM

Thanks again. Ah well, won't get to this one for quite a while. I'll hope for the best.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/09/08 03:03 AM

nickie....

This is a beautiful game ...You won't be sorry...I had no problems loading or playing the game...I know some had problems due to the virus programs they have loaded on their computers.

This game for me was a A +++

fall

Hope you change your mind... yes
Posted By: Mad

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/09/08 04:43 AM

Hi Looney4labs smile

That was a really informative review - and many thanks to you for it happydance

[And thanks to you also, Becky grin]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/09/08 07:08 AM

Darleen, I just said it would be a while because I've got stacks of games I haven't played yet. I do want to play this one when its turn comes up!
Posted By: Jehane

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/10/08 10:27 PM

Ah, Everlight.. I've played it a while ago and it's such a cute little game. Probably not *the* adventure game of all times but it has its merits as L4L pointed out. I loved the characters and the dialogue, the puzzles weren't too hard and the hint system is quite a treat. The German subtitle, however, was kind of misleading - it read "All power to the elves". Doesn't make much sense smile But if you're into magic and fantasy, this is definitely a game to be played smile
Posted By: action9026

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/11/08 04:08 PM

Does anyone know if there is a site that offers a digital download purchase??
Posted By: Becky

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/11/08 07:09 PM

Action -- I haven't seen one yet, though many of the TAC games are eventually available via download.
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/11/08 07:49 PM

Thanks for the review! I wish I could play this game but I haven't been able to get it to run on my laptop or my desktop, so I'm selling it. sigh....

Ah well, at least I can enjoy the pretty screenshots! lol

Cat

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/11/08 09:42 PM

Awww Catbelly, that is too bad. It is an enjoyable game. I do wish that it was possible to make computer games that play as easily as console games. Of course, I understand why they don't, but still..... puppy
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Everlight of Magic & Power -- A Review by Looney4labs - 11/11/08 10:06 PM

Thanks Looney. I wish they did too, darn it.

Love your little doggie emoticon btw, how cute is that? smile

Cat
© 2024 GameBoomers Community