GB HOMEPAGE

Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 7-7-09

Posted By: Carla

Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 7-7-09 - 04/23/09 04:26 PM

Runaway: A Twist of Fate unveils itself a little more thanks to this new batch of SCREENSHOTS . This long-awaited adventure game will be released on PC and Nintendo DS at the end of 2009.
Runaway "A Twist of Fate" is developed by Madrid-based studio Pendulo. It will end Brian Basco and Gina Timmings' adventures that captivated over a million players worldwide.

Quote:
Brian and Gina are back in a new adventure, a bit darker than the previous one but still loaded with an omnipresent humor and based on a production worth a big 2D animation film. For the first time in Runaway history, you will have the control of Brian but also of his girlfriend, Gina! Following the story line of the previous episode, A Twist of Fate is also an independent new adventure that players who have never played Runaway before will fully enjoy.

Runaway: A Twist of Fate has visually improved thanks to a new graphic engine. The game now has high resolution backgrounds, more detailed and expressive characters, and more realistic animations... The interface has also been improved and offers an inventory allowing you to check each item from every angle possible. You will also find an ingenious hint system that will guide you throughout difficult situations without giving away the solution to the puzzles.

Of course, both the particular visual style and the omnipresent humour that appealed to the players have been retained in order to make A Twist of Fate a rich episode, full of novelties and unexpected turns yet still faithful to the Runaway spirit.

Runaway « A Twist of Fate » is scheduled to be released in the fourth quarter of 2009 on PC and Nintendo DS™.

If you want to freshen up your memory about what's happened before in the Runaway Saga you can read Becky's review of Runaway 1 HERE, and Looney4Labs's review of Runaway 2:The Dream of the Turtle HERE.

happydance
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/23/09 04:28 PM

Thanks Carla. Can't wait for this game. I hope it ends on a happy note. I like the pic of the pac man floor.

Cathy wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/23/09 04:29 PM

Thanks Carla, I can't wait for this one!

Ana wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/23/09 04:31 PM

Another Runaway Game! happydance Thanks for the info Carla!
Posted By: venus

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/23/09 04:36 PM

Thanks, Carla. happydance I'm so excited! Can't wait for this one!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/23/09 05:35 PM

Thanks, Carla thumbsup

I'm glad to see and hear more of this game at last ....

It has seemed like a long time after the cliffhanger ending of Runaway II pacify
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/23/09 09:04 PM

Count me in happydance.
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/23/09 10:22 PM

will definitely be getting this one when it comes out.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/24/09 12:54 PM

Only problem is, I don't like Gina.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/24/09 01:03 PM

Sushi rules! When will Brian finally come to his senses?

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/24/09 03:34 PM

Becky, Sushi is my favorite character as well! Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks she and Brian are a perfect match. thumbsup
Posted By: atrakinas

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/24/09 07:59 PM

Shushi!!!

Can´t wait to put my hands on one of my favourite point&click games again!
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/25/09 08:47 AM

Nice!!! Thanks Carla! wave
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 04/25/09 05:57 PM

Love Runaway Series

I can wait

Thkas Carla

Love Maria hearts

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 05/28/09 02:32 PM

More screenshots just released to be seen on our gallery HERE.
Just as reminder, Runaway "A Twist of Fate" is scheduled to be released in the fourth quarter of 2009 on PC and Nintendo DS™.

happydance
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 05/28/09 02:47 PM

Looking forward to it!

Ana wave

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 05/28/09 03:05 PM

Thanks Carla! lol There is clearly something very, very strange going on in that facility. My favorite is the psychologist's office with the portrait of the two elderly maids and the camera/dentist's drill thing by the chair.

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! - 05/28/09 04:55 PM

Can't wait for this one. Thanks Carla.

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 5-28-09 - 05/29/09 12:30 AM

Thanks Carla. The screenshots look great. I love the puzzle/humor mix in this series.

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 5-28-09 - 05/30/09 03:03 PM

Thanks, Carla! The screenshots look beautiful. I'm really looking forward to this one! thumbsup

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 5-28-09 - 07/07/09 12:18 PM

The teaser site is online HERE , and you can see an ingame video HERE.

wave

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 5-28-09 - 07/07/09 02:08 PM

My goodness, get Brian out of there! He's saner than I am!
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 5-28-09 - 07/07/09 03:52 PM

Wow, great - this should be fun to play. Can't wait laugh
Posted By: marie

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 5-28-09 - 07/07/09 05:11 PM

The first two games where such a hoot, it looks like this one will be equally as much fun especially seeing what Brian has gotten himself into, its insane rotfl

Thanks for the info, Carla, thumbsup

Marie wave

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 7-7-09 - 07/07/09 08:25 PM

thanks for posting the screenshots Carla. I am on the fence with this game. I really enjoyed Runaway but Dream of the Turtle was not one of my favorites. I would like to know how the story ends though. I think I will wait to read the Gameboomers review before I make this purchase.

Re: Runaway : A Twist of Fate reveals more with new pictures! -updated 7-7-09 - 07/08/09 12:05 AM

Thanks for the link Carla. I loved the video.
Can't wait for this game. I still play 1 and 2 a lot.

Cathy wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community