GB HOMEPAGE

Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers

Posted By: mcc

Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 09/08/09 03:04 PM

This issue has probably been discussed but I have not found it.

After the good ending there is a talk of "two men" that is supposed to be a prologue of the story. The real identity of one of the men seems obvious after the ending, who is really the other? and who is the little girl? Lara? Why one has to look after Max and the other after the little girl? think
Posted By: Becky

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/08/09 05:00 PM

Hi mcc -- I've added a spoiler warning to the topic because this is going to become very spoilerish, I think! I'm using a spoiler tag here to be doubly safe. grin

Click to reveal..
How did you know that the two men talking is meant to be the prologue? I didn't catch that -- thought it was the ending of the ending, so to speak.

If you accept the supernatural/religious view of what has been happening, then the two men are angels. The one who impersonated Andre is the angel of death. The reason the little girl at the apartment complex (the guard's daughter) could see him was that she was dying.

The other angel seems to be someone who takes care of the living -- perhaps the archangel Michael, or maybe Lara's guardian angel. I think the other "little girl" is Lara. The crazy/homeless man outside the apartment building is also, IMHO, an angel.

If you don't accept the supernatural/religious view of what has been happening, the last scene is a bit harder to explain. The scene could be Max dreaming, a way of assuaging his guilt for having forced the little girl's father to confess, with the father's imprisonment perhaps leading to the little girl's death. Since Max now no longer believes in the false dream of saving Andre as a child, perhaps Max is dreaming that the little girl from the apartment is safe -- a similar kind of compensatory dream.

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/08/09 10:13 PM

Just when the two men are talking on the bottom left hand side there is a date and the word Prologue. I am not sure of the date, only that had change.

Click to reveal..
I am almost sure about Andre being the Angel of Death, what is not so clear to me is the other guy. As far as I remember one doesn't see the guard's daughter dead, it is only the old man's word.
I don't see it being just Max mind, even when it could be because he certainly has hallucinations, I would be disappointed if this were the case. We have seen a similar trauma in Outcry

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/08/09 11:08 PM

Aha! I'll have to go back in and have a look.

Just curious -- do you remember any time when

Click to reveal..
The monk who steals the painting and then gets caught trying to sell it and has his tongue removed -- do you remember any time that he and Andre are actually together? Since the Angel of Death can change his appearance, is it possible that the monk who stole the painting and Andre are the same person?

I am wondering if the Angel of Death has decided to rid himself of this tiresome cult that keeps murdering innocents in order to keep his "identity" hidden -- when all the secrecy is useless -- he can hide himself by changing appearance any time he wants.

Or am I really off the wall here? grin

On my second playthrough I spent as much time as I could with the old fellow in the museum garden. He clearly knows a lot about Lara -- he's almost omniscient -- but he never actually identifies himself. That I remember.

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/10/09 02:28 PM

Click to reveal..
I have to replay the part in the monastery but I don't remember having seen Andre with the monk.The Angel of Death could take any shape, however I don't think this is the case with that monk.

Since the conversation between the two men appears to be had taken place before the events it seems that what you say about the Angel of Death - having this planned, has all the sense.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 09:37 AM

Very interesting. I have one more question...
Click to reveal..
What about the conversations in the dining room at the monastery? The monk could hear him making the annoying questions or he couldn't?
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 11:40 AM

Boy,am I glad to have found this thread! Thank you for your insightful comments, Becky! I had also asked about this on other websites, but few people seem to have managed to get the "best" ending; and it is only in the "best" ending, that that
Click to reveal..
conversation between Andre/Charon and the old guy takes takes place.

If I am not mistaken Andre, in the conversation he has with Max in the cell, calls himself Charon - who is the ferryman of souls in Greek mythology, who ferries souls across the river Styx, to Hades, the land of the dead. I like the idea the the other fellow is an angel for the living. I couldn't quite puzzle out who he was supposed to be, and who the other little girl was.

Posted By: Mad

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 11:43 AM

Please use the spoiler brackets, Moondancer, we haven't all played the game yet whistle
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 11:49 AM

Probably anything in this thread could be considered a spoiler because it's an ending discussion. I would not be reading anything that says ending in the subject if I have not played the game. I did however add spoiler tags.

Ana wave
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Please use the spoiler brackets, Moondancer, we haven't all played the game yet whistle

Oops! Sorry, I thought I had, and was actually busy editing it - but got distracted while adding the tags - you were just too fast for me!

My humblest apologies, I also hate to be 'spoiled'... blush

EDIT:
Heh, though Brown Eyed Tigre is quite correct! You shouldn't be reading threads about endings marked as containing spoilers if you had not yet played the game, hmmmmmmmmmm? kissy kissy Naughty, naughty! laugh

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 12:25 PM

Volkana -- I have to replay that sequence at the monastery too.
Click to reveal..
Virtually everyone at the monastery was about to die, so that would explain why they could see Andre.

That doesn't explain why the head of the order could see him, though, because the head of the order seems to have survived.

I didn't catch the bit about Charon. Another part to replay.

Another question -- the assassin monk who took the phone call at the very beginning of the game -- was that anyone in the game, or just an assassin we don't meet again?

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 01:12 PM

My turn to apologise then wink

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 02:08 PM

Mad, I already brought your lampshade out of the closet and dusted it off. Lets go party in the naughty corner. lol

Then again...are you still reading this thread? grin
Posted By: anne2

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 02:49 PM

Is the game good?

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/11/09 02:53 PM

Anne, there is a review here by Becky that may help.

Ana wave
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 09/11/09 05:43 PM

frown In fairness, I must state that I really disliked this game for several reasons. But the greatest problem I had was the topic you are discussing. You can't just go back and 'replay' the ending. You must go back and replay the entire game from a fairly early point and you must attempt to do small, seemingly innocuous things differently (e.g. Block or unblock a very unimportant door). According to some reviewers, there are eight different ending. Before I played this game eight different times I would root for Michigan. (Go Spartans!)
Posted By: monbron

Re: Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 09/11/09 06:14 PM

Sounds interesting -any idea where to but the game in the UK, tried Amazon - no luck???

Re: Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 09/11/09 06:34 PM

You can get it through InteractCd (button on the top of forum)

Ana wave

Re: Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 09/12/09 06:48 AM

"Mad, I already brought your lampshade out of the closet and dusted it off. Lets go party in the naughty corner. lol
Then again...are you still reading this thread? grin
"

Oh, yes !! I'm still reading the thread. Just thought, even though all the other posts did use spoiler brackets, maybe I should hold off and keep stum wink

And yes, too, I'm ready to don my lampshade and play in the Naughty Corner ANY time, BrownEyedTigre.
Lead on !! lol lol
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/12/09 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: anne2
Is the game good?

Hi, Anne...I am playing it now...I think its a very good game...

You have a nice size inventory..Not much dialogue...
I like the idea of different endings..

Posted By: anne2

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/12/09 12:37 PM

Thanks Darleen and Ana wave

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/12/09 06:58 PM

I replayed the part of Max in the garden when he makes a fire.

Click to reveal..
The Abbot and the hooded monk are talking about the caretaker and two other monks, it seems that they too survived.

The last dialogue it says Prologue but there is not a "real" date, only Wednesday 17:00. Since one little girl has already died (Andre took care of her) it would seemed to be after the events though.

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/13/09 12:43 PM

The date changes in that scene and the numbers are rolling like crazy, and I haven't been able to figure out
Click to reveal..
if they are changing forward or backward, it happens so fast!

There's a chance that the Prologue is to an (as yet unannounced) sequel, I suppose.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 09/13/09 04:07 PM

frown I can't help but think back to the pages and pages and of discussion about the ending of Scratches right after it was released. That was great fun because we had all the information and still weren't quite sure what had happened. Here it seems that there is so much 'stuff' missing, that so much of it is vague, and that there are so many variables, that finding the answers may well not be worth the effort.
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/20/09 10:19 AM

Just finished this game and I must admit I have really enoyed playing it .I won t disscuss the ending I got as I don t wish to spoil it for any one .What ever the ending it is still good to play and I would recomend it .Dont think I will be working for the sermaritins rotfl waveJust couldnt help that pun oops pacify
Posted By: RayBres

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/20/09 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: dragonuk44
Dont think I will be working for the sermaritins rotfl waveJust couldnt help that pun oops pacify

Resist more vigorously next time. frown
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Memento Mori good ending - 09/21/09 06:54 AM

Il try RayBres lol wave I do think this is a game to play at least twice grin
Posted By: Phoenix Star

Re: Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 03/01/10 09:39 PM

I got an ending where
Click to reveal..
Max falls and goes into a coma

http://justadventure.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1251660474/15
Read the last post here by JustAdvFun, it's interesting.
Maybe they're both angels of death who let them survive (since Max survives in the ending this scene is in)?

Re: Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 03/01/10 11:58 PM

Wow, that changes things! Do you think the English was mis-translated then?

That's not something you want to get wrong. lol
Posted By: ssgamer

Re: Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 03/02/10 12:07 AM

Hi all,
Different endings, just like life and the decisions we make. This gives a game a keep and replay, by changing your attitude, you get different endings, and perhaps a sequel.

Charllotte
Posted By: venus

Re: Memento Mori good ending -- Serious Spoilers - 03/03/10 06:07 AM

Phoenix Star, thanks for the link. Becky's right, that really does change things. It gives the "good ending" an entirely different meaning! eek
© 2024 GameBoomers Community