GB HOMEPAGE

Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 5/08 - new website and demo

Posted By: Carla

Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 5/08 - new website and demo - 03/13/10 10:29 PM

German Developers Deck 13, makers of Jack Keane,the Ankh series and the upcoming Haunted, has just finished a new adventure called Black Sails - The Ghost Ship.
The game, published by Astragon and planned to be released in Germany by the end of April, it is a classic point-click spooky adventure where players take the role of an intrepid heroine who is aboard the mysterious ghost ship "Mary Celeste".
We don't know at the moment if and when the game will be localized and distributed in english-speaking countries, let's hope to hear good news soon!
Here's the story, autotranslated by myself from german to english with Google:

Quote:

A ship sinks. Two survivors drift hopelessly at sea, until they encounter a mysterious, dark schooner. They decide to go on board - which soon turns out to be a terrible mistake ...

Inspired by a true story, the player will experience aboard the ghost ship "Mary Celeste" a journey into the darkest depths of the human soul, till the end between truth and fiction is indistinguishable.

You can see some screenshots HERE ,clicking on the packshot.
We will keep you posted :StPats:

UPDATE March 15th:Deck13 kindly confirmed that an english (UK/USA) edition of the game is already planned!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/13/10 10:55 PM

Looks intriguing.

Thanks, Carla.
Posted By: zak

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/13/10 11:16 PM

Looking forward to a english release of this, looks very good, seems like the put alot more work into the gfx atleast compared to ankh and jack keane.

But why does germany always get these great games months before frown
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/13/10 11:19 PM

THanks Carla!
Posted By: Becky

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/14/10 12:22 AM

Deck 13 makes very entertaining games. PC adventures sell well in Germany, which is why so many of them are now released there first. (Well, one of the reasons.) grin

Posted By: ssgamer

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/14/10 02:56 AM

Sounds like another great adventure,
Thanks Carla
Posted By: venus

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/14/10 06:52 AM

Thanks, Carla! This looks really good - I hope we see an English version, too. thumbsup

I'm also still hoping we see Haunted. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/14/10 10:31 AM

Looks like another good one, Carla, so definitely hoping for an eventual release in "English".
Thanks for the news grin

It's always terrific to hear that Adventures have a big following somewhere and I don't mind waiting at ALL if there's a chance of one of them reaching us bravo
Posted By: GBC

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/14/10 11:29 AM

Thanks Carla, another goodie to look forward to.
Posted By: marie

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/14/10 03:45 PM

Wonderful news Carls, can't wait to hear about a English version. thanks smile
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - 03/14/10 11:22 PM

thanks Carla. You really do a wonderful job on keeping us informed on all the new games coming out. praise

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 03/15/10 04:24 PM

UPDATE March 15th:Deck13 kindly confirmed that an english (UK/USA) edition of the game is already planned!
Inserted on the main thread
:StPats:

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 03/15/10 04:30 PM

Thanks, Carla!! This is excellent news!! tomato

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 03/15/10 04:33 PM

That's the kind of update I like! lol Thanks Carla!
Posted By: marie

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 03/15/10 05:14 PM

English version, ok happydance

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 03/15/10 07:51 PM

"UPDATE March 15th:Deck13 kindly confirmed that an english (UK/USA) edition of the game is already planned!"

Fantastic !!!! rah

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 05/01/10 12:37 PM

German Trailer released , you can watch it HERE.
:spring:

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 05/01/10 02:23 PM

Thanks for the news, Mad! So happy to hear it, as I'm really looking forward to this one!! happydance

Thanks for the link to the trailer, Carla! Looks like quite a departure from Jack Keane. grin I think they will be able to do well with this style of game, too. Can't wait! rah

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 05/01/10 02:42 PM

I didn't provide the news, venus, it came from Carla.
I was just thanking her !! happydance

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 05/01/10 02:48 PM

Ah, and I even replied to it at the time! I was wondering why the news sounded familiar. Must read through entire thread next time. rotfl Sorry about that, Carla and Mad.

Thanks again for the news, Carla! grin

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 05/01/10 06:34 PM

Intriguing. Very different from their other adventure games. It'll be fun to see what this one is like!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 05/03/10 09:04 AM

Thanks Carla. I'm ready for this one. grin
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 3/15 - 05/03/10 04:40 PM

Thank you Carla for this wonderful news smile

I just bought the German magazine, PC Games (4/10)
and in it there was a printed commercial (in German) for this game. The game was released
in German on April 22nd 2010 apparently.

The screenshots looks nice as does the trailer.
So many games, so little time wink

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 5/01 - 05/08/10 12:06 PM

German Website is alive, where you can find new screenshots and a brand new german DEMO (265 MB).
I think would it be better to start freshen up my german! :mother:

Re: Deck 13 ready to release Black Sails in Germany - updated 5/01 - 05/08/10 02:02 PM

thanks Carla! Glad to see it's releasing so soon. Hope the English version doesn't take too long, either. grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community