GB HOMEPAGE

Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes

Posted By: Becky

Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/06/10 12:17 PM

Our story begins in Maine, but leads inexorably to Black Mirror Castle and its unfortunate inhabitants. Rushes discovers what's been happening at the Castle, the sanatorium, and in Wales during the intervening years since the original Black Mirror.

Black Mirror II
Posted By: MaG

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/07/10 05:42 PM

bravo Rushes!

Wonderful review.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/07/10 05:44 PM

Thank you Rushes, a great read as always!

Ana wave
Posted By: Carla

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/07/10 05:46 PM

An A! Thank you Rushes, I'm really looking forward to play the game. bravo
Posted By: Chief

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/07/10 05:46 PM

Thanks. thumbsup

Chief wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/07/10 06:51 PM

Rushes !! smile
Thank you for a very nice review bravo
Posted By: jody319

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/07/10 06:52 PM

Great, Rushes! Super writing and "come on and get it" words.

Thanks...Jody
Posted By: venus

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/07/10 07:14 PM

Thanks, Rushes! Great review; makes me want to play the game that much more. bravo
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/07/10 09:34 PM

This is a must have for me. happydance
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/07/10 11:22 PM

Thank you for the review, Rushes.
I don't like photo developing "puzzles" either.

Is it really a "To Be Continued" type ending or does the game actually have a fairly satisfying conclusion?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/08/10 12:24 AM

Thanks, everyone. smile Hope you all enjoy it as much as the original BM.

Jenny - I felt that the ending was fitting. I personally enjoyed the conclusion (it made me cackle a bit), and a lot of the loose ends were tied up, but it also left plenty of scope for continuance. I would love to see a Black Mirror III.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/08/10 03:33 AM

catrub thanks Rushes for a fantastic review. Now I know I want the game! I cringed when I saw 2 slider puzzles were they skip-able?

Do I understand this is a 6 Gig digital download? if so I will have to buy the box version or hope I win the giveaway eek.
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/08/10 04:29 AM

Great review , Rushes !

thumbsup
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/08/10 08:58 AM

Rushes sounds like an incredible game. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Thanks for the informative review!
Posted By: macmac

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/08/10 09:11 AM

I wonder if one of our UK based boomers could enlighten us as to where the activity in BM1 and BM2 is taking place. Is BM Castle/ willow creek in England or Scotland? I was thinking Scotland, just because of the name "Gordon". Yet the characters in Willow Creek seem to have Irish accents, and some sound like Yorkshire men. and Samuel seems to have a very (veddy) upper class English accent. Any thoughts?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/08/10 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Sherryah
catrub thanks Rushes for a fantastic review. Now I know I want the game! I cringed when I saw 2 slider puzzles were they skip-able?

Do I understand this is a 6 Gig digital download? if so I will have to buy the box version or hope I win the giveaway eek.

Yes, the sliders are skippable.

The download is huge at 6 GB. But then it's a long game, so that's to be expected. happydance
Posted By: GBC

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/08/10 07:39 PM

Thanks Rushes for that great review. I loved the first game and can't wait to play this one. thumbsup
Posted By: margaret

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/09/10 07:49 AM

what a great review. thank you so much for it. I have played Black Mirror several times and I'm looking forward for Black Mirror II. a very very good game. thanks
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/09/10 10:08 AM

Great review as always, i was in fact about to start a thread on when should we expect a review. Thanks again, looking forward to the arrival of my copy.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/09/10 03:36 PM

Oh ,Rushes you made my mouth water..
yes
This game has everything I want in a game..

Oh The "Horror" bravo

Great Review,and Excellent Grade
Posted By: linda333

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/09/10 06:03 PM

Well done Rushes. Thank you once again. Looking forward to this one.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/09/10 08:12 PM

Thanks Becky for the link and Rushes for a wonderful review. praise It's refreshing to know that the format hasn't changed in a sequel and I don't think I will mind the photo developing! It's a game I've been looking forward to playing for a long time and now know I'm not going to be disappointed with! happydance
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/10/10 04:21 AM

Wonderful review Rushes! Thanks so much for your hard work and for getting me even more excited about playing this game!

PS I can't believe it's been 7 years since the first one. Wow.

smile

Tracy
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/10/10 04:42 PM

Thanks Rushes, I'll have to put this one on my Must Play list. wave
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/17/10 03:26 PM

Great review! Screenshots look fantastic. I was also glad to read that there is a skip option for some of the puzzles when one plays in the easy mode. That is a real plus, in my opinion. Good Job and thanks for posting the review.
Posted By: Merlin

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/18/10 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: macmac
I wonder if one of our UK based boomers could enlighten us as to where the activity in BM1 and BM2 is taking place. Is BM Castle/ willow creek in England or Scotland? I was thinking Scotland, just because of the name "Gordon". Yet the characters in Willow Creek seem to have Irish accents, and some sound like Yorkshire men. and Samuel seems to have a very (veddy) upper class English accent. Any thoughts?

A fictional town in England smile There is also a castle in Wales in Black Mirror 2 and a character from that castle with authentic welsh voice acting.

Yes, the name gordon is generally thought of as scottish origin, however I found a little info on it:

"Gordon Surname Origin

(Origin Scottish) Gurtduine, Gaelic, a fierce man; Gwrddyn, Welsh, a strong man; Cawrdyn, Welsh, a hero, a giant. Some have derived the Gordons from Gordinia, in Thessaly; others say they are descendants of the Gorduni mentioned by Cæsar in his Commentaries. The name appears to be local, and may be derived from a town in France of that name, in the Department of Lot. It signifies in Gaelic the round hill, or the hill that surrounds, from Gour, round, and dun, a hill or fort. "
Posted By: macmac

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/18/10 10:47 PM

Thanks Merlin, interesting information. Looking forward to BM2
Posted By: Merlin

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/18/10 11:35 PM

It's great. I just finished it today. Lovely graphics, very good voice acting. It's a good length game, some fun puzzles and interesting story. Hope you enjoy it. smile
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/19/10 08:51 AM

I'm really excited about this game. Will it be available in stores this month?
Posted By: Becky

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/19/10 10:52 AM

As far as I know, it won't be on store shelves in the US anytime soon.
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/19/10 09:34 PM

Dave must have run out. I ordered on the 15th & no word on shipping yet.
Posted By: honeycomb

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/22/10 08:54 AM

I ordered from Interact yesterday. Used paypal and received same day confirmation it had been sent.
Posted By: Magwitch

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/26/10 02:20 PM

Just finished the game. An excellent, lengthy and gripping adventure. I actually preferred it to the first one (which I also loved). I highly recommend it!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/26/10 02:34 PM

Thank you for the review. I scrolled right to the bottom, to check the grade!!! Was very pleased to see the A. Then I went back and read the review- I am looking forward to this game-- ya hoo-- thanks again Rushes.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/27/10 01:57 AM

I'm playing the game - now - and loving it !! bravo
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/27/10 02:23 AM

I just finished the game and it is a game that you don't want to quit. Very satisfied with long length of the game. Everything about the game I give a A PLUS. Great voices for all the characters. Ending proves there will be a sequel in the making. rah

I don't understand why someone questioned who the killer was my ending explained it perfectly.

It has been a long time since I enjoyed a game this much. hearts

I am grateful for the walkthrough and also grateful for the skips in puzzles and the hotspots. I enjoyed this B.M. more than I did the original Black Mirror. yes

Although the price tag was high it is worth it in my opinion for those of you who wonder if it is worth it. Hope this review helps you make your decision. wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/28/10 02:19 PM

I totally agree, Sherryah. A+ for everything but the peculiar voice problems that had me straining to hear at times. I just switched on the text and kept going...couldn't stop playing!
Posted By: honeycomb

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 05/30/10 08:44 PM

I was hit with the voice problems at the start. It was basically the music drowning out the voices, particularly the female ones. In options I turned down the music and maximised the voice. I turned on subtitles for a while but found it distracting and unnecessary.

Enjoying the game - it starts slowly but the story is building nicely. I find the main character very well acted.
Posted By: BeaSong

Re: Black Mirror II -- A Review by Rushes - 06/05/10 04:49 AM

What a good review! Thanx for a job very well done!!!! praise
© 2024 GameBoomers Community