GB HOMEPAGE

Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object...

Posted By: Meavi2

Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 06/24/10 08:10 PM

I like playing Nancy drew games but I have played them all or most of them at least. Does anyone know any other mystery solving games like Nancy Drew or Agatha Christie?

Thanks
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 06/24/10 08:41 PM

Hi Meavi,

I'd recommend the Carol Reed Mystery series, particularly Black Circle.

The Art of Murder series and Chronicles of Mystery games are also very good.

If you enjoy Sherlock Holmes then you'd also probably have fun with SH vs Jack the Ripper, The Awakened, or Nemesis.
Posted By: Meavi2

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 06/24/10 09:43 PM

Thanks! Trying those out right now.
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 06/25/10 10:11 AM

I think Keepsake is similar,
and Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
they are not exactly detective, but
you do alot of detecting.. smile
I think the Carol Reed Games are great too,
she is a detective,
Marcia
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 06/25/10 01:04 PM

The Casebook games are good detective games.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot you said no hidden object games -- this one is hybrid hidden object/detective game.
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 06/25/10 02:17 PM

Yoomurjak's Ring is a 'mystery' game and is not a HOG. It is not a Nancy Drew style mystery but I found it to be interesting and very good.
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: BeaSong

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 07/04/10 04:25 AM

What about the Hardy Boys? I haven't played
any yet, but think they might be like
Nancy Drew. Anybody know for sure?
Posted By: skeeter93

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 07/04/10 05:13 AM

I played the Hardy Boys, both the hidden object one and the other one (not the DS one though). They were okay, but I feel Nancy outdoes them easily. They were nice to play whilst waiting for a new Nancy Drew game...
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 07/04/10 08:28 AM

I've played the Hardy Boys adventure, The Hidden Theft, a couple of times. It's not a bad game, quite enjoyable, although a little glitchy. I don't know if there's a patch to fix the disappearing inventory items problem which I ran into. It has some interesting puzzles. Similar to Nancy Drew but not as good as.
Posted By: Melia

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 07/04/10 03:15 PM

I checked on yoomurjak's ring. It's only available for download for now. I hope they get a boxed version soon. It sounds like a really good game.
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 07/07/10 06:05 PM

I tried playing the first Hardy Boys game on PC but didn't like it and stopped playing it. However, the DS game is really good.
Posted By: GemmaJessie2

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 07/08/10 12:00 AM

sherlock homes mysteries not the hidden object ones ie; silver earing also mystery case files dire grove good game if I think of any others will let you know
Posted By: The Cynic

Re: Any other games like Nancy drew that arent hidden object... - 07/10/10 07:53 AM

SINKING ISLAND. Loads of investigation. Beautiful sets by Benoit Sokal who did Syberia. One of my fav.
Rather difficult though.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community