GB HOMEPAGE

Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This!

Posted By: Barry

Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 08/27/10 05:18 PM

Hi all,

I'm currently playing Black Mirror 2 and 15 Days. In Black Mirror 2 (if you select the Easy mode) and 15 days if you attempt a puzzle after a certain amount of attemps a clickable spot appears in the puzzle box allowing you to get out of the puzzle and continue on. I know I would have needed a save game in the first slider puzzle in Black Mirror 2 and that wave length thing in 15 Days. Now with these games there's no more getting frustrated with puzzles that you can't figure out and no more waiting for someone to get to that point of the game for a saved game. I only wish game developers would have thought of this ages ago. I hope all game developers for future games will include this feature. Don't get me wrong I love puzzles in adv games and do attempt to solve them multiple times but I also welcome this feature which saves us from continuous frustration from sliders or certain mechanical/technical puzzles.

Regards,

Barry
Posted By: Mad

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 08/27/10 07:36 PM

Yes, Barry smile

There are definitely times when this feature is VERY welcome !! lol
Posted By: JeanK

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 08/27/10 09:22 PM

I agree! I'm not one for real brain teasers, and I like having the escape route.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 08/27/10 10:57 PM

Add one more who really appreciates that feature!

Gil.
Posted By: ssgamer

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 08/27/10 11:14 PM

I'm with all of you on this. For a Year!! I have been working on getting out of the mine in Mummey, I finally got out and the computer died and I have it in the shop hoping they can save whats on the drive, as I can't load the game in this computer, for some reason. I guess it is too, new?? Rats!
Charllotte
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 08/27/10 11:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken, it's been awhile, I believe the last several Tex Murphy games had a similar feature. It allowed you to step into the solution; like the Universal Help System.

If you're in the mood for a good puzzle, and don't mind extended play time you can avoid them. But more times than not, I play just for the entertainment factor, so I do enjoy a good help system.

Try Runaway: A Twist of Fate - it has one of the most unique help systems I've ever seen (it's definitely one of the most entertaining).
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 08/28/10 12:24 AM

I love the 'extra help when you wanna scream' features. Being a teacher, it was always nice to have the answers in the back of the book. I'm used to realllly trying every puzzle but when I start banging my head on the desk, it's time to call in the cavalry. hardwall Guess the game producers finally got the message.

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 08/28/10 02:38 AM

Back in the day .... lol

Prior to walkthroughs, I could be forced to spend days, even weeks, trying to progress in a game.

I do still have a mighty good try before I cave in and look for help anywhere but nowadays it is really nice to know that sometimes help is very close to hand yes
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 08/28/10 08:01 AM

Barry that is a great feature. It would be wonderful to be able to move forward in a game without looking for a saved game from someone else.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 09/01/10 03:11 PM

Sounds great to me too. thumbsup
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 09/01/10 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: InlandAZ
If I'm not mistaken, it's been awhile, I believe the last several Tex Murphy games had a similar feature. It allowed you to step into the solution; like the Universal Help System.

Yes there were two difficulty levels. There was a "Game Player" level and an "Entertainment" level. You could change from "Game Player" to "Entertainment" but you couldn't change back (though maybe you could go back to a previous save once you had your hint). "Entertainment" level allowed hints and (according to the manual) had easier puzzles in some locations.

The Arrival also had hints. You could get up to 3 hints for logic puzzles before getting a "solve."

Hints aren't anything new. But I suspect the developers of recent games are borrowing the idea of puzzle skips from casual games and not from older adventures.
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 09/01/10 06:18 PM

Barry!

That is a great feature!!! I am not a puzzle lover, am terrible at them, and get frustrated very easily when trying to solve them. Wish every game would have this feature.

Thanks for letting us know about it.
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 09/01/10 11:59 PM

In one of my favorite games, Gabriel Knight 1, you had to get past the zombies and swing on a rope. I tried for at least at week, dying every time. I was so frustrated. I enjoyed the game so much and wanted to finish it, and knew I had to get past this part, but what a terrible time. I wish they had that feature. Also, in Gabriel Knight 3, I have replayed that game several times, but only finished it once, and the other times just get to the pendulum puzzle and then quit. I wish that feature was possible then. Hints, or if you can't get past a certain timed sequence, a "gimme" should be given.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 09/02/10 06:27 AM

I also like this feature that was included in BM2. Especially early in the morning (i usually wake up around 5ish a.m) when i wake up and my brain has not reached its regular rpms. It's especially helpful in random puzzles like the one with the church picture (or was it a castle) in BM2 and the puzzle with the lock where you had to bend the instrument correctly. It's a successful recipe and i am hopeful more developers will also include this feature due to positive feedback from gamers.

Spyros
Posted By: judith

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 09/02/10 06:32 PM

I think we all would have loved this feature for Myst 4 ("THE CHAIR" puzzle). rotfl
Posted By: Becky

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 09/02/10 07:46 PM

I would have enjoyed a feature that allowed you to blow up the chair puzzle. grin wave
Posted By: judith

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 09/03/10 01:01 AM

Becky; rotfl

Re: Fantastic New Game Feature in 15 Days and Black Mirror 2. Wish All New Games would Have This! - 09/03/10 01:31 AM

I think it's really good that we are given the choice.

I do like to at least attempt all puzzles lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community