GB HOMEPAGE

King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/25/11 08:16 PM

It's a great day for Kings Quest fans! yay

For Screenshots - click here.

Quote:
If you’re a fan of the old Sierra adventure games, today’s a happy day! AGD Interactive (www.agdinteractive.com), the fan group who remade the first two King’s Quest games and Quest for Glory II with VGA graphics and a point and click interface, has revealed the imminent release of King’s Quest III Redux for PC and Mac. This will be AGDI’s final Sierra remake; after this, the team will move their focus to commercial games.

AGD Interactive has been covertly developing King’s Quest III Redux for the past eight years. Like their other projects, this is a labor of love that both modernizes the original game while maintaining its retro charm. You’ll find an explanation of the project’s history here: http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14848

In the meantime, we hope you’ll check out the team’s previous KQ remakes if you haven’t already played them:

* King’s Quest I: Quest for the Crown is a straight remake of Sierra’s first King’s Quest game, with all of the original gameplay preserved. (Based on fan feedback, AGDI did implement a “no dead-ends” option that prevents getting irreversibly stuck, but masochists -- err, I mean purists -- can turn this off!) To download for PC or Mac, go here: http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq1/download/download.html

* King’s Quest II: Romancing the Stones is a creative retelling of Sierra’s second King’s Quest game that spins the original’s (fairly random) puzzles into a comprehensive story. For those who have not played King’s Quest II, AGDI’s remake is a more satisfying continuation of the series than the original game, and for those who have, it’s a neat way to experience the original from an entirely new perspective. It also sets up a new overarching subplot that the team continues to explore in the upcoming King’s Quest III Redux, so playing it now will help you prepare for the game to come! To download for PC or Mac, go here: http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq2/download/download.html

All of AGDI’s King’s Quest remakes feature enhanced game visuals including hand painted backgrounds and character portraits, full voice acting (with former Sierra employee Josh Mandel reprising his role as King Graham!), lip sync, and digital soundtracks. Plus they’re free to download, and run on today’s computers without fiddling. The games were created using the Adventure Game Studio engine.

Happy Gaming!
Ana rah
Posted By: MaG

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/25/11 10:16 PM

bravo It's wonderful classic game.

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/25/11 10:41 PM

thanks Ana. The very first computer game that I ever played was Kings Quest.
Posted By: Marian

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/25/11 10:45 PM

I'm looking forward to this one. I've played the original, too! happydance
Posted By: traveler

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/25/11 11:36 PM

I've played this remake of KQ2 and it's very good.

Gil.
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/26/11 01:56 AM

Nice. I love AGD's games! Thanks Ana!
Posted By: GBC

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/26/11 02:05 AM

Thanks Ana, playing now.
Posted By: Mad

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/26/11 02:41 AM

Thank you for that great news, BrownEyedTigre bravo bravo
Posted By: venus

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/26/11 07:31 PM

Wow, what a great surprise! I didn't even know this was being worked on! bravo Looking forward to adding it to my collection. I have all the King's Quest fan games (that I know of lol ) so far.

Beautiful screenshots, too. thumbsup

Now I am just waiting for someone to remake King's Quest IV. And for the rest of TSL, of course. grin
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/29/11 03:23 PM

The screenshots sure bring back a lot of great memories. smile
Posted By: Aggiemom

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 01/29/11 08:06 PM

This is so exciting! I still have all my original KQ games so this is a real treat!
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 02/07/11 09:44 PM

Doe's anyone know where I can get a walkthrough for this KQ game. It's version 3 of King's Quest Romancing the Stone.
http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq2/download/download.html
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 02/07/11 10:01 PM

If it's a remake, wouldn't the original one work?
Posted By: Chief

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 02/07/11 10:06 PM

Cathy, from the link and clicking on Hints and then Solution, it says that it is coming soon.

I guess you checked Google????

Chief wave
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 02/08/11 12:59 AM

Hi Ana and Chief,
Ana...It says in the info part of the forum that 85% of the game is new puzzles and so on, so an old walkthrough wouldn't work.

Chief..I've done what searching I can and have found nothing so far. Please let me know if you find anything on the highway. LOL !!

Cathy wave

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 02/08/11 01:58 AM

Cathy1,

I've played this game. Maybe it's the updated version of their last VGA remake but the walkthrough still works. I think when they say that there are all new puzzles they're talking about KQ3 which hasn't been released yet. Anyway, the walkthrough for KQ2 works whether it's from AGDI or Infamous Adventures. I found lots of them by googling KQ2vga. Vga has to be stuck on or you'll probably end up with the original game walkthrough from Sierra. Anyway, here is where you can find one of them.

Gil.
Posted By: Chief

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 02/08/11 02:07 AM

or look in Free Games Galore or the Walkthrough section of GB.

Chief wave

Re: King's Quest III Redux coming in February from AGD Interactive - 02/08/11 02:12 AM

"or look in Free Games Galore or the Walkthrough section of GB."

Chief, I am such a dunce sometimes. Of course! I promise to look there first next time I need a walkthrough for a free game.

Gil.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community