GB HOMEPAGE

Any FMV game suggestions?

Posted By: Ewil02

Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/05/11 05:29 PM

With the recent release of Darkstar and the impending release of Conspiracies 2, it's good to see that FMV isn't dead in adventure games. I really enjoyed playing the Tex Murphy games in the past, and I'd like to expand my inventory with other FMV games. Does anyone have any favorite recent or not-so-recent FMV games I should look at?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/05/11 05:39 PM

I enjoyed Yoomurjak's Ring. It's a mystery game in Hungarian with English subtitles, and is a lot of fun.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/05/11 05:58 PM

"Ripper" is FMV as also is "The Black Dahlia".
Both splendid games - even though they are very old now and you've probably already played them anyway ?? laugh
Posted By: Marian

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/05/11 06:03 PM

Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
Phantasmagoria
The Dame Was Loaded
Toonstruck

These are a few of the older FMV games that I have enjoyed.

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/05/11 09:14 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already got Yoomurjak's Ring- it's on my 'to play' list. I've already played Black Dahlia, Phantasmagoria and GK2 awhile back, but they're definately worth playing again. I'll try to check out the others as well, but not sure if they can all play on my Vista 64-bit system. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/05/11 09:17 PM

You'd need to use DOSBox for some if not all of these, in all likelihood. smile

Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull is a casual game, but it too uses FMV.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/05/11 09:58 PM

The Casebook series of games also use FMV.
Posted By: doowopman

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/06/11 03:24 PM

I'll throw in votes for Dark Side of the Moon and Byzantine: The Betrayal. smile
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/18/11 10:22 PM

Doowopman, you use the premier FMV as your avatar, Tex Murphy's Pandora Directive, Under A Killing Moon and Overseer can be had from GOG that makes using Dosbox obsolete. Then, there's a game some of us have been discussing, Dark Side Of The Moon, which lately has a patch and some DXDiag fixes that makes it work for a lot of XPers, that is, IF you can find the game. I've played it 3 times and cannot say enough about it. Ripper, as mentioned above is also one of my favorites.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/18/11 10:37 PM

I second Byzantine. One not mentioned is Zelenghorm but it might be hard to find.
Posted By: blsbet44

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/19/11 10:59 AM

What's FMV? blush
Posted By: monbron

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/19/11 11:30 AM

I'm glad you said that blsbet 'cos that's exactly what I was wondering, I'm sure its something really simple and I will feel quite stupid!! whistle
Posted By: Pilaus

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/19/11 12:16 PM

Check this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_motion_video

StPats
Posted By: blsbet44

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/19/11 03:35 PM

o0o
Thanks blush
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/20/11 01:50 PM

You can see FMV by looking at the Main trailer for Darkstar in the 'Latest and Upcoming' list right here at Gameboomers. You can see what it is for yourself. You might also try Conspiracies 2 as it's also FMV. I really like these games but have heard of people suffering from a bit of vertigo while playing them since movement can be fast and a little swoopy for some people.
Posted By: ray

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/21/11 07:52 PM

Byzantine, Byzantine, Byzantine. Loved it.

I also loved both Black Dahlia and Ripper, despite their problems. And while Phantasmagoria and its sequel were trash, they were REALLY FUN trash.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/22/11 05:02 AM

"And while Phantasmagoria and its sequel were trash, they were REALLY FUN trash. "

I do SO agree !! lol
Posted By: Ascovel

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/26/11 12:27 PM

The Journeyman Project series! Especially parts 2 and 3.

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/26/11 07:09 PM

Based on the suggestions, I'll have to check out Byzantine- I like anything that involves travel to exotic places.

I don't know if anyone remembers them, but I've been playing the Santa Fe Mysteries in DOSBox recently (Elk Moon Murder and Sacred Ground). So far I'm liking them a lot (I also like detective mysteries). smile
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/27/11 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: BubbaJake
Doowopman, you use the premier FMV as your avatar, Tex Murphy's Pandora Directive, Under A Killing Moon and Overseer can be had from GOG that makes using Dosbox obsolete.

Not sure about that. Doesnt Dosbox come as part of those GOG releases?
Posted By: traveler

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/27/11 10:05 PM

Yes, DOSBox is part of the download when you get a game from GOG. I think BubbaJake just meant that you don't have to figure out DOSBox anymore to play one of these games.

Gil.
Posted By: hamer

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/28/11 06:11 AM

Thanx for the Byzantine tip...I never played that before....Just starting it now.....Im looking forward to it...

Would anyone have an idea how to slow it down...I mean when you move around a room with the mouse it just takes off......I remember there was some sort of fix for this with the black dahlia...I cant remember what it was......any help greatly appreciated
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/28/11 09:13 AM

http://www.sierrahelp.com/Utilities/SlowdownUtilities.html
Posted By: hamer

Re: Any FMV game suggestions? - 03/28/11 09:21 AM

Thank you for the link mj2c
© 2024 GameBoomers Community