GB HOMEPAGE

Kheops Studios

Posted By: birddog

Kheops Studios - 06/04/11 01:15 PM

Are they not making Adventure Games anymore?
They had some of the best, well designed games.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/04/11 01:20 PM

The last I heard from them is the making of the last episode of the casual game - Fall Trilogy.

Maybe others have a later news.

I agree - I love their games.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/05/11 08:40 AM

I agree birddog. They made some of my favorite games. I hope they will bring us more.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/05/11 08:29 PM

I think they had money problems -- they couldn't get a publisher interested in funding development of any of their adventure game proposals. So they're trying to raise money with their casual game series.
Posted By: KSTeam

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/09/11 09:05 PM

Hello,
We have recently finished the last chapter of The Fall Trilogy and it will be released very soon.

We have also just started a new title!

We have mainly done work for hire until 2009 but most of the publishers we have working for had more and more trouble to finance new "large" adventure titles for different reasons (retail violent drop down, price drop down, piracy, US$ drop down compare to Euro, more competitive market, more plateforms... less revenues!)

So we have decided to self finance our productions using revenues from the previous titles to finance the coming titles. That's why we are devevelopping less titles and we have targeted the digital distribution. Creating downloadable Casual Games was a good solution for an independant studio!

With The Fall Trilogy, the idea was to propose an adventure/puzzle game quite similar to what we have done with Safecracker 2. Each games are standalone titles but like for a TV-Show it is better to play them in the order to better understand the clues about the story.

Games are smaller than our past large file games, but also cheaper and I guess with the same level of quality/professionnalism.

Thank you to Gameboomers' community for supporting adventure games!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/09/11 09:13 PM

Thank you for posting, KSTeam! smile

We have a lot of gamers here who will be anxious to play the last chapter of The Fall Trilogy! happydance wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/09/11 09:24 PM

"Thank you to Gameboomers' community for supporting adventure games!"

Thank you, KSTeam, for sticking with us and making them! One of these days, I hope you'll be able to go back to adventure games 'in the box' and make a mint off them. <g>

Okay, so maybe I'm a dreamer but you never know.

Gil.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/09/11 09:32 PM

Thanks for the update, KSTeam!

We appreciate the news and luck on all your endeavors.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/09/11 09:42 PM

Great to see you posting KSTeam and thanks for the news. I love all your games and look forward to them whether casual or adventure.

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/09/11 11:15 PM

Thanks for the information and update. I have been enjoying the Fall Trilogy and am eagerly awaiting the final entry! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/10/11 02:45 AM

I do miss your "Traditional Adventures" KSTeam, but good luck with all your endeavours thumbsup
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/10/11 09:01 AM

KSTeam thank you for the update. You have my support! I have always enjoyed your games and look forward to more Kheops adventures! Thank you!
Posted By: GBC

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/10/11 11:08 PM

Thanks for the update KSTeam. Looking forward to your games. wave
Posted By: Carla

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/11/11 08:22 AM

Thank you for posting and for the update, KSTeam!
We at Gameboomers are definitively supporting your games!
Posted By: birddog

Re: Kheops Studios - 06/11/11 02:03 PM

KSTeam, thank you so much for giving us an update.
It is nice to know you are still at it.
Fall Trilogy has been challening and fun.
But no one has made adventure games quite like you. Maybe one day...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community