GB HOMEPAGE

Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores

Posted By: Carla

Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/09/11 11:47 AM

LucasArts and Activision today flew their flags of announcement for the Monkey Island Special Edition Collection, for the first time ever combining the hit titles The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge into one retail adventure package. As an added bonus, the title will also include never-before-seen bonus content from the LucasArts vault.

Quote:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition faithfully re-imagines the critically-acclaimed classic game (originally released in 1990) for original and new audiences alike with all-new HD graphics, a re-mastered musical score, full voiceover, and an in-depth hint system to help players through the game’s side-splitting puzzles. Purists will also delight in the ability to seamlessly switch between the Special Edition and the Classic versions of the game at any time. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge expands on the highly successful first title, returning with all of the signature Special Edition features from the first game, plus new enhanced features including direct-control, allowing players to take direct control of Guybrush Threepwood if they choose, and a revamped hint system that highlights objects of interest while playing. The title also includes in-game audio commentary from the game’s original creators Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman, as they share their thoughts and memories about select scenes from the game, both Special and Classic.

Monkey Island Special Edition Collection will also include never-before seen content including environment and character concept art from both the Special Edition versions of both games. Music fans can also tap their toes along to the remastered and re-recorded soundtracks for both games. And most exciting, players will also receive storyboards and concept art from an Industrial Light & Magic exploration of a Monkey Island™ animated movie that was never released.

Monkey Island Special Edition Collection will release on 9th September in Europe for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC.

Posted By: Becky

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/09/11 11:49 AM

Great news! broccoli Thanks Carla.
Posted By: venus

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/09/11 01:59 PM

Finally! I was wondering if these games would ever be released on disk. This is great news! bravo Thanks, Carla!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/09/11 06:35 PM

Fabulous !!!! Thanks for that VERY welcome news, Carla broccoli
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/09/11 10:10 PM

Excellent news! been wanting to play these new editions for ages but didn't want to go the download route.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/10/11 12:47 AM

Excellent indeed! I have played them both and can't wait to have disc copies.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/10/11 01:46 AM

Will Dave get it, do you think?

Gil.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/10/11 01:51 AM

He does get the imports, so I will say yes.

Ana wave

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/10/11 02:18 AM

Whee!

Gil.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 07/10/11 03:40 AM

happydance

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 09/12/11 02:41 PM

Does anyone know when this is coming out? I see press releases for September 9th, but can't find it anywhere except Amazon UK, which doesn't ship to the US. frown

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 09/12/11 03:17 PM

I sent Dave another message.

Ana wave

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 09/12/11 03:22 PM

thanks Ana! Hope it's good news! smile

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 09/16/11 12:18 AM

Dave @ InteractCD should have some in stock in a week or so. happydance

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 09/16/11 01:40 AM

yay Thanks for the great news!

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 09/16/11 03:43 AM

Great news, thanks, Ana! I got impatient and bought a copy I found on Ebay blush , but glad others will now get the chance to purchase it. bravo I'm planning on getting all the other new import games I'm interested in from Dave in any case, as he has the best service. thumbsup
Posted By: Mad

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 09/18/11 04:35 AM

I'm playing this at the moment and it's delightful !! happydance

Rather an easier game I feel, when sticking with the "new" version, so I frequently opt for the "old" - but I am enjoying myself to bits swapping between the two lol
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 09/18/11 08:42 AM

bravo Lucky Euro Boomers! bravo

Re: Yo-Ho-Ho! Monkey Island Special Edition Collection Sets Sail This September For European Shores - 10/08/11 04:31 AM

Dave has it at Interact now.

Gil.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community