GB HOMEPAGE

Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world....

Posted By: Sassafras

Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/15/11 02:59 PM

It's been a long time since I have really been INTO a game- you know, the kind you stay up late playing and think about all day when you should be working. I NEED a new scary, immersive , first person , horror game! I've tried and tried the third person games most people love and I just cannot get into them. I have also scoured the net for free games and it seems like I have played all of them as well. I even made a foray into The Dark Side with the Penumbra games, which I LOVED, but I don' know of any more like that (mostly adventure with very little fighting/killing). Gaming used to be such a big part of my free time, and I miss it :-(
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/15/11 03:00 PM

Hopefully the fall will bring some new games to fit the bill!

Ana wave
Posted By: presto

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/15/11 04:17 PM

Sassafras,

I know you mentioned playing the Penumbra games but have you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

I think it would satisfy!

Best,
Leigh-Anne
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/15/11 05:16 PM

I agree with Amnesia - I only watched a part of it, from their website. And it definetely got me jumping and heart throbbing as well as scared - a lot...

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/15/11 07:29 PM

No I haven't and I am very excited!! Downloading it as soon as I get home!! All the reviews say it's the scariest game ever (and nooo fighting)! WOOOT and thank you!!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/16/11 03:09 AM

Amnesia is a new one for me. It sounds good. thumbsup

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/17/11 12:51 PM

playing it now -- and got a cheat so I don't have to deal with the ghoulies! Gosh I love this place.....
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/17/11 07:26 PM

If you haven't played it, Dark fall Lost Souls fits the bill. scared

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/20/11 08:32 PM

I devoured all the Dark Falls the minute they came out!!! Amnesia is awesome- maybe even a leetle bit toooo scary eek
Posted By: SCOTTY

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/21/11 03:42 AM

I'm sure you've played the first 3 LHOD games. ALL WONDERFULL & 1st person. I too would rather play in 1st person so I was a lil bummed when I seen LHOD 4 went 3rd person but based on this forums comments I ordered it yesterday & looking forward to playing it. It also looks like ASYLUM may fit the bill when it comes out?

GOOD LUCK!!

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/22/11 02:48 PM

Scotty , let me know your thoughts on LHOD 4!I lovelovelove those games, but haven't gotten #4 because of my 3rd person thing.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/22/11 03:04 PM

Sassafras, try the demo and check it out for yourself. It's a great game!
Posted By: Veera

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/28/11 01:23 PM

I played through Amnesia with my sister and we probably almost broke the windows with our screams every time something horrid happened (which is almost all the time in Amnesia). Amnesia will soon have a sequel.

If you feel like you've tried all the games in the world I suggest expanding from PC to other platforms. I play a lot of game on the pc, but playing on consoles, ipads, etc. really gives you a lot more to choose from. I also go through old game archives and play some old classics from time to time.

You might also want to give these a try:
outcast - A really great game with some shooting, but mostly puzzles/tasks on an alien planet
Nomad Soul - Gameplay is a bit annoying on pc, but the game offers you a very unique world with lots to explore

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/28/11 06:48 PM

Thanks Veera!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/28/11 06:59 PM

The name of this thread sounds like the name of a blues song.

Re: Sometimes I feel like I've played every game in the world.... - 07/29/11 03:14 PM

I HAD the blues when I started it frown!! But I'm better now thanks to Amnesia grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community