GB HOMEPAGE

New Guy

Posted By: shadow_ridre

New Guy - 01/01/12 12:21 AM

Hi i'm new to this forum. Ihave a few questions. First i would like recomdations for new games. Secondly I am going to buy a new computer just for gaming any thoughts about what i should be looking for
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: New Guy - 01/01/12 12:57 AM

Hi ya Shadow_ridre and welcome to GameBoomers. This forum is for every topic Except games so I'm going to move you over to the Adventure Forum. Folks there love to talk games.

Posting what you want your computer to do in the Glitches forum will probably net you some great recommendations. puppy
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: New Guy - 01/01/12 01:49 AM

Hi, shadow_ridre and welcome to Gameboomers! What kind of games do you like to play?
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: New Guy - 01/01/12 09:49 AM

welcome Happy New Year and Welcome to GameBoomers Shadow_ridre! Let us know what type of games you play so we can recommend some! HNY HNY

Re: New Guy - 01/01/12 08:04 PM

Well i play mostly adventure games you know problem solving puzzles. For example the last game i played was The Legend Of Crystal Vally. It was ok Not hard enough
Posted By: traveler

Re: New Guy - 01/01/12 09:11 PM

You want hard? Try Myst. From what I hear, that's all puzzles! One reason I have no desire to play it.

Or here's a thought. Go over to Adventure Gamers and look through their short reviews of the Top 100 Adventures according to them. It's a great list and you should be able to tell which of the games you'd like to play.

If you just want a wonderful game that costs next to nothing, go to GOG.com and get Zork Grand Inquisitor. It's on the list at #12. Funny! And there are a few puzzles that should test you a bit.

Gil.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: New Guy - 01/01/12 09:34 PM

Machinarium!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: New Guy - 01/01/12 09:44 PM

I second Machinarium! What a brilliant game!

There is also a list of GameBoomer favorites here.

Re: New Guy - 01/02/12 04:31 AM

thanks i playerd myas and the first adventure games i ever played thats y i'm hook played all zork as well give me something new and exciting

Re: New Guy - 01/02/12 04:36 AM

i think riven was one of the best games i ever played thats the standered for me
Posted By: flotsam

Re: New Guy - 01/02/12 05:13 AM

Well, Riven is up there on my all time favourite.
If you like that try the RHEM games, Alida, the Schizm games, Outcry, and Sentinel just to name a few.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: New Guy - 01/02/12 05:33 PM

welcome shadow_ridre wave12

Make sure you take a look at our games recommendation threads to see how the members voted for their favorite games.
Posted By: Cue

Re: New Guy - 01/05/12 03:46 PM

If you like puzzles, I have to second flotsam's recommendation for the Rhem games. They're loaded with fun and challenging puzzles!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community