GB HOMEPAGE

The 39 Steps-coming soon....

Posted By: Upsydaisy

The 39 Steps-coming soon.... - 01/04/12 02:58 PM

Amazon (U.K) have a release date of 29th June 2012 for this game. The developers are Lace Mamba, screenshots look interesting. Can't find any further details about gameplay, but hope its either 1st or 3rd person. One to look forward to during the long, cold winter months. winter
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... - 01/04/12 03:08 PM

It is not an adventure game, it is an interactive story.

Ana wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... - 01/04/12 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
It is not an adventure game, it is an interactive story.

Ana wave

The graphics are absolutely beautiful, though. I found a fairly recent article with screenshots here.

Gil.
Posted By: Becky

Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... - 01/04/12 05:34 PM

It does look like an intriguing way to adapt a novel. The only user input is to digitally "turn the page"?
Posted By: traveler

Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... - 01/04/12 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
It does look like an intriguing way to adapt a novel. The only user input is to digitally "turn the page"?

Well, they say that " It also has an array of intuitive interactive elements (Story Mechanics), that are used to give the player control over the story, so no player experience will ever be exactly the same."

So, I suppose you can fall off an Alp. I doubt you'll die, though, since they seem to be aiming at the widest possible audience. grin

Gil.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: The 39 Steps-coming soon.... - 01/04/12 09:29 PM

Thanks everyone, still sounds interesting enough to capture the imagination. Sometimes it takes me a while to really get into a book and this may be the next step up from ebooks.
May even be a good way to help children who struggle to read and are easily bored by text.

Wonder if there is going to be a demo?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community