GB HOMEPAGE

Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms

Posted By: Carla

Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 12:21 AM

J.U.L.I.A., the new science fiction adventure by Czech developer CBE Software wave , which is being released today, is now also be available for digital purchase on various major online download platforms, including GamersGate, Metaboli, Green Man Gaming and Gamesload. The game is priced at £19.99/€24.99.

Quote:
J.U.L.I.A. is a narrative driven adventure game in a science-fiction scenario: In the year 2430, Rachel Manners, a 35 year old astrobiologist and member of an elite group of scientists, which is sent off in a giant space ship to mankind’s most exciting space mission: to explore the first ever discovered extra-terrestrial life-forms.

After a long journey, Rachel suddenly awakes from a cryogenic sleep. She has no idea why she has been put into this hibernation, elusive memories to what happened before and just starts to find out that she is the only human survivor of her team. To make things worse, their space probe, currently orbiting an unknown planet in a far-off solar system, is severely damaged. Together with her now only companions – J.U.L.I.A., the spaceship’s very temperamental artificial intelligence system, and Mobot, a huge reconnaissance robot, Rachel now has to solve the mysteries of the events on board the space vessel, repair it and explore the unknown planet. It won’t take long until she encounters first extra-terrestrial life-forms…

Players are taking over the control of Rachel, and have to utilize the Mobot as well as J.U.L.I.A. During their adventure, they will visit six different planets.

If you want to try before buying, you can download the demo HERE.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 12:28 AM

WooHoo! Thanks Carla.

Ana wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 01:13 AM

Anyone know why that using the Adventure Shop link above takes you to a page that says the game is $21.21 but when you check out it wants to charge you $24.95?

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 01:18 AM

I see that Greyfuss. I think that's a good question for The Adventure Shop.

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 01:26 AM

Earlier when I checked it, there was a statement that there was ??% discount just for March 2 - the day of release.
It might be off now since it is presently March 3 now in France.
They might not have changed the right column of the main page yet.

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 01:28 AM

I would but I didn't see any contact information.

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 01:41 AM

Greyfuss, there is a support - order/ payment but it appears to be down right now. I get this message: The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Ana wave

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 01:53 AM

Thanks Sheriff

Not very good customer service especially if MaG is right and we only knew about a sale for an hour before the sale is over. Bad taste makes me look for the game elsewhere,

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 02:16 AM

J.U.L.I.A released yesterday but the press release was issued today. That is not their fault, it was just an unfortunate timing. The game is worth the few extra dollars.

Ana wave

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 02:23 AM

I have no problem with the game and will buy it...just not from Adventure Shop. The sale is theres so it is their fault and not the games fault or the release. Just my opinion but Adventure Shop dropped the ball on this one for the US residents.

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 02:30 AM

You are certainly free to choose where you purchase from, but no one is perfect and it appears they made a mistake. I make lots too.

I hope that you enjoy the game no matter where you purchase it from.

Have a great evening!
Ana wave

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 02:36 AM

Thanks Sheriff

For those interested in the US you can download J.U.L.I.A. right now from Amazon.com for $24.99 Amazon Download
Posted By: Becky

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 11:16 AM

The game was available for pre-order at The Adventure shop for several days at the discounted amount. (I know because I was tempted.) It was supposed to go back up to the regular amount when the game released.

I frequently see games releasing on a Friday -- and it's good timing in the sense that everyone has the weekend to play them. But if there's a problem, no one is around to fix it until Monday.
Posted By: colpet

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 12:19 PM

I it only the download that is available? I'd like a boxed version.
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 02:15 PM

Actually, I thought the $24.95 price was a good deal. The link to the Adventure Shop on the developers site shows 24.99 euros, which converts to 32.99 US dollars.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 03:38 PM

It's available on disk in the UK. Here at play.com -- though I don't believe they ship to the U.S.
Posted By: HandsFree

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 03:56 PM

As always often ebay is the answer smile :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JULIA-Game-PC-...=item43adcc4a9c

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 04:00 PM

Unfortunately, one has to wonder how these were obtained to sell at that price so early after release. I am pretty sure these sales do not benefit the developer at all. sad
Posted By: HandsFree

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 04:08 PM

Are you suggesting these are illegal copies?
Maybe the developer can shed some light on that (he is posting here sometimes I think)?

On the other hand I often heard developers see very little of the the money you pay when you buy a game in a store, so maybe there's just a lot of overhead cut out?
I'm still hoping it's all the in-betweens that do not benefit...
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/03/12 04:29 PM

I believe that if you buy the game from the ebay listing for Badlands, you'd be ok. Badlands is a brick and mortar cd store in Cheltenham England. I doubt they's receive/sell merchandise from suspicious sources-
ABOUT BADLANDS
Badlands has been established since 1986 and is one of the largest independent CD stores in the South West of England. We have a worldwide reputation for excellent service! And as you can see from our feedback - over 40,000 happy eBay customers.
Posted By: Carla

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 03/04/12 10:23 AM

Even the one pointed by Handsfree is a shop, I personally think that, with the economic crisis and all,lots of people is running the business from home. There are so many shops now on Ebay (and Amazon) that is quite difficult find a private player who sells second hand games, let alone illegal ones!
Posted By: mcc

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 05/31/12 01:44 PM

Interact is selling it, I guess it is the boxed version.

Re: Sci-Fi adventure J.U.L.I.A. released today also on various major digital download platforms - 05/31/12 02:09 PM

THanks mcc, we announced it here. Yes, it is a boxed version.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community