GB HOMEPAGE

Darkness Within...

Posted By: Tracy

Darkness Within... - 06/14/12 10:33 PM

Hi everyone. I was wandering around the net and had read somewhere that the Darkness Within games were supposed to be a trilogy originally. Then I found this page:

http://iceberg-interactive.com/games-mainmenu-27/219-darkness-within-2-the-dark-lineage.html

It says that the second game WAS the final game, and so I guess there won't be a number 3 after all. frown I'm so disappointed! I always thought that there would be a third game, darn it! sigh

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know, plus find out if anyone already knew this and I'm just sort of behind the curve?

Thanks everyone,
Tracy, who really wishes there was another one coming out.....
Posted By: Becky

Re: Darkness Within... - 06/14/12 10:57 PM

Hi Tracy -- I remember reading that information awhile back. Even though they haven't planned a third game, I'm sure they could do a spin-off using the same "universe," if they decided at some point to do another game.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Darkness Within... - 06/14/12 11:53 PM

Was rather disappointed by the lack of a third installment. I was hoping for something similar by the same people.

But: does the company still exist? The websites are down but couldn't find a source stating that they disbanded.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Darkness Within... - 06/15/12 12:43 AM

I haven't heard anything in quite awhile. The website being down isn't a good sign, though. frown
Posted By: Wincey

Re: Darkness Within... - 06/15/12 07:44 AM

A third game in the series would be really great. The atmosphere they managed to create on Darkness Within 2 was very impressive and involving.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community