GB HOMEPAGE

The Silver Lining

Posted By: Mad

The Silver Lining - 06/18/12 08:43 PM

Haven't seen much about this, lately woozy

I know "Cognition" will be taking up time but it seems ages since the last Silver Lining episode ....
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Silver Lining - 06/18/12 09:07 PM

Here is Phoenix Online's take on release dates from just before the 4th release...

Quote:
I've seen several threads pop up asking about Episode 4's release over the past couple of months, so I decided to make this thread to help clear the air for everyone: There is no public date set for Episode 4's release. When one has been made public, you can be sure that we'll announce it so everyone knows. Until that time, please refrain from asking about release dates. The only response you'll receive is "We have not yet announced a date". If you don't see a release date for episode 4, it's likely because there isn't one set in stone yet. This applies for all of our projects, including Episode 5, Infiltrator and Corridor 9. I hope this thread helps to clear the air for everyone

When they are ready to announce something further you can be sure it will be announced here.

Ana wave

Re: The Silver Lining - 06/19/12 02:35 AM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile

Didn't feel though that that statement from them had a very "friendly" tone so, as a long term supporter, I am rather sad !! frown
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: The Silver Lining - 06/19/12 06:48 PM

I still haven't played part 2 so I'm in no hurry for part 4.
Posted By: oldman

Re: The Silver Lining - 06/19/12 07:11 PM

That is a rather old statement though since Episode 4 has been released (in fact I have it downloaded but have been waiting for Episode 5 before I play and will start all over again from Episodes 1 - 5.

It would appear to me that their excitement over their comercial effort has diminished somewhat their zeal towards the completion of the last TLC episode. I know I know it's free and the Gift horse in the mouth and all the other cliches apply but I am still impatient to get to the end of this saga.

I have been watching the progress of this project since the onset of what used to be called Kings Quest 9 and now that we are so near the final chapter am a little antsy. Oh well, it will arrive when it arrives.

(John Grumbles while citing the Serenity Prayer over and over) frown grin cry
Posted By: traveler

Re: The Silver Lining - 06/19/12 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: oldman

This one, John?

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to hide the bodies of the game developers I had to kill today because they PO'd me?

grin

Gil.

Re: The Silver Lining - 06/19/12 07:54 PM

As I stated that was a quote from them just before the 4th release.
Quote:
Here is Phoenix Online's take on release dates from just before the 4th release...

This is not a current statement from them it is one they have announced in their forum earlier.

Re: The Silver Lining - 06/19/12 08:25 PM

Well, whenever it was issued, if it's the latest on the subject, I still think it's not very "supporter" friendly !! duh
Posted By: cruise02

Re: The Silver Lining - 06/20/12 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: traveler
Originally Posted By: oldman

This one, John?

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to hide the bodies of the game developers I had to kill today because they PO'd me?

grin

Gil.

Or could it be this one?

Quote:
"God grant me the serenity to play those games I can, to avoid those games I'll hate, and the wisdom to know the difference."

This one is the one I found on the Hall of Fame AG anon thread created by Ray in '99, and IMMHO, it's a lot less bloody than the previous one.

Re: The Silver Lining - 06/22/12 01:09 AM

" ........ since Episode 4 has been released (in fact I have it downloaded but have been waiting for Episode 5 before I play and will start all over again from Episodes 1 - 5."

That goes for me, too, oldman grin

When there is a big gap between episodes of a game being released I lose track of the storyline - because I've played so many other games inbetween !!

[Obviously with the developers of The Silver Lining it's more exusable as they are "doing it for free and in their own time.]

But then I end up having to play from the start again yes

Re: The Silver Lining - 07/21/12 05:22 AM

The latest update on the 5th Episode release date is that it will be released after Cognition is released and they are counting on it being in 2012.

Ana wave

Re: The Silver Lining - 07/21/12 07:12 AM

Ooooooh !! Thanks, BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: venus

Re: The Silver Lining - 07/22/12 01:55 AM

Thanks for the news, Ana. I hope we see it this year. TSL is one of the better games I've played, and it's free to boot. thumbsup
Posted By: fov

Re: The Silver Lining - 07/25/12 01:39 AM

As I understand it, the team completely redesigned the fifth episode at some point during development because they weren't satisfied with the ending and didn't want to disappoint their fans. So although the first four episodes have been in various stages of development for a long time, episode 5 is an entirely new endeavor. They're also switching to a different game engine (the same one they're using for Cognition) for what will hopefully result in a better episode overall, but it means some extra work has to go into episode 5 before it'll be ready. All of this *plus* the fact that the same team is also focused on the commercial game will influence how long it takes the fifth episode to appear.

None of this changes that it's disappointing to wait, of course, but I do think Phoenix is doing everything they can to give their supporters the best game possible. (And considering it's a volunteer team, shipping a commercial game probably plays a pretty important factor in their being able to continue with the free one, too!)

Re: The Silver Lining - 07/25/12 02:04 AM

All of which only goes to confirm that the developing of The Silver Lining as a "free" game for us supporters has shown amazing dedication from a great team !! praise

Re: The Silver Lining - 07/25/12 02:12 AM

Thanks fov! I think they are an amazing team and I hope that they commercial project is a huge success. They deserve to get the recognition they earned.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community