GB HOMEPAGE

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

Posted By: rmt

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 01:18 AM

Has anyone bought the game yet? Is it worth playing? How would you rate it?
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 02:39 AM

I haven't downloaded it but the graphics looks great! HERE.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 02:51 AM

I know MaG that you have not downloaded it, since there is no walkthrough yet! And there is no review.

Are you not offered these games for free by these companies long before they are out so you can do walkthroughs? I am always surprised by how quickly you provide us with your genius walkthroughs. smile

I was wondering if the game was not a bit too fantasy for me, but I would not want to bypass the next Longest Journey. I was wondering too how it compared with A New Beginning which I liked very much despite being cartoonish (both being from the same company).

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 03:42 AM

rmt,

lol NO.
It is seldom that I automatically get games from publishers.
I buy most of the games I write a walkthrough for.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 03:45 AM

MaG is a walkthrough writing guru, rmt. She can play and write a whole game before I could find my way through the first chapter. lol

Ana wave

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 03:49 AM

How does she do it? Seems unnatural to me. MaG, you must have an extraordinary mind for puzzles. Developers should hire you as a consultant, I'm sure you would be brilliant.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 04:05 AM

lol Ana.

rmt,

Ana is pulling your leg and just being kind. She can do those puzzles fast and describes them well.

If the game is linear, then I can write continuously; if not or too much out of the box - then it takes me a while.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 04:47 AM

I'm still amazed by the fact that you actually enjoy the games while you're doing all the writing!
Posted By: kjos

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 01:15 PM

She is really great.
Richard

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 03:47 PM

oldbroad,
I -now- only write-play because of the members' pleasure and when one is asked for.
There are games that need several pushes to get me going because they are not my "pleasure". wink

Richard,
Thanks.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 08:52 PM

Aw MaG, that is so nice of you and sure makes me feel guilty. Maybe you can pawn some of them off on somebody else (not me though). But there are times I see you write stuff like "it's a fun game". So, the ones you do enjoy, I don't know how you enjoy them while you're writing.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/24/12 11:36 PM

Aw. Don't feel guilty. Hope the wts help.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/25/12 03:30 PM

rmt,

I have played only Chapter 1. So far it is a good and interesting story.

As for fantasy, it really is more of the story having characters that are not of the normal world doing actions that are common - like talking to animals.

I believe you would like it. The story is not lighthearted by any means but in the vein of New Beginning.
Posted By: Wincey

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/25/12 04:24 PM

I've been playing it for a few days now, and I must be close to finishing it. It's very entertaining, some parts more than others. There is a section or chapter, I can't remember which, that is one of the most memorable I've played in many years. It really is wonderful, especially if you enjoy fantasy. Some of the other parts aren't so great, and I actually think the first chapter is the weakest of the whole game.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/25/12 07:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I think I will buy it...

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/26/12 03:37 PM

rmt,

Now that I have progressed in the game, I think you'll like this one since you liked New Beginning. Have fun.
Posted By: HandsFree

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/26/12 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Wincey
There is a section or chapter, I can't remember which, that is one of the most memorable I've played in many years

You can't remember the most memorable section?
That doesn't sound good... lol
Posted By: Wincey

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 06/26/12 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: HandsFree
Originally Posted By: Wincey
There is a section or chapter, I can't remember which, that is one of the most memorable I've played in many years

You can't remember the most memorable section?
That doesn't sound good... lol

lol
I can't remember the chapter number. It was somewhere in the middle of the game. I definitely remember the chapter. It has a giant peacock and a sleepy koala-like creature wink
© 2024 GameBoomers Community