GB HOMEPAGE

Magrunner: the game funding of the future?

Posted By: Carla

Magrunner: the game funding of the future? - 07/05/12 06:26 PM

Hard-core adventure players probably didn't notice my news about Magrunner, a new first-person action puzzle game by 3AM Games, posted few minutes ago in our Darkside Forum.
I've just wanted to point out also in this forum that the game funding is very innovative and much more "funder-friendly" :

Quote:
The game is already funded as a stand-alone game but we are addressing the crowd-people to help us make it even better though. We target at 100,000 eur to polish it. We do have the options though:

- If we reach 100,000 €; we will add a Player vs Player mode to the game and 5 additional maps for the PVP gameplay.
- With 200,000 €; the game will be available for Mac, game soundtrack will be composed by a famous composer, and the solo mode of the game extended with 10 additional levels (55 solo levels and 5 PVP maps).
- If we reach 300,000 €, we will be able to add high quality voicing not only for the English version of the game but to French, German, Italian, Spanish and Russian.
- With 400,000 €; the game will be available for iPad and be Apple TV compatible for a specific gaming experience. We’ll also create 2 additional levels (for those who own neither Mac computers or iPads!)

I personally reckon that this new way of funding is much better than the old one, because we gamers already know that the game is "covered", and giving our contribution we will know exactly where our "hard earned" money will go: a more honest way to ask us for dosh!

I wish that this new funding system will set an example for adventure games too in a very near future.
Well done! bravo
Posted By: MaG

Re: Magrunner: the game funding of the future? - 07/05/12 06:34 PM

Very innovative indeed!

Thanks, Carla!

luck to newly established 3AM Games.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Magrunner: the game funding of the future? - 07/05/12 07:04 PM

Thanks Carla!

Ana wave
Posted By: rmt

Re: Magrunner: the game funding of the future? - 07/06/12 12:36 AM

Sounds interesting. They partnered with Games Planet / The Adventure Shop.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Magrunner: the game funding of the future? - 07/06/12 07:52 AM

Thanks Carla! wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community