GB HOMEPAGE

Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure

Posted By: Carla

Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 07/12/12 09:58 PM

Well, I have to say this game came as a surprise, because it's the first Iranian game I hear of!

Quote:
A series of brutal murders shatters Tehran in 1933. When police start their investigations, they soon come up with the idea that this all can’t be the random actions of a single madman… - Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933, the new, upcoming PC point & click adventure game developed by the Iranian studio RSK-IR and published by Lace Mamba Global, has everything a great murder crime story needs – plus a very exotic, different location and background scenario:

Players slip into the role of police detective Afshar and make their ways through the old town of the Iranian capital in 1933. They soon discover scaring similarities between each murder case: All victims have been brutally tortured, before being cut into pieces. To top it all, the victims are innocent children.

Tehran’s media doesn’t help the case, by flooding the newsstands and alleys with purely hysteric stories. Just one journalist, a man called Sarsolooki, actually seems to know more. He soon becomes an important informant for Detective Afshar and the whole police…

Murder in Tehran’s Alleys features an atmospheric, exotic crime story, classic point & click adventure gameplay and a detailed insight into an unusual videogame location.

Lace Mamba Global schedules to publish Murder in Tehran’s Alleys 1933 in Q4 2012.

Check HERE for a glimpse for the first screenshots.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new iranian adventure - 07/12/12 10:07 PM

Thanks Carla! Interesting indeed!

Ana wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new iranian adventure - 07/12/12 10:32 PM

Thank you Carla - yes! - it's sounds interesting! smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 07/12/12 10:41 PM

I'm with the people who were hysterical -- it sounds terrifying! Thanks Carla -- good to see a unique location! wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 07/12/12 10:51 PM

Thanks, Carla.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 07/13/12 12:06 AM

There is also a Trailer on YouTube HERE
Posted By: Wincey

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 07/13/12 05:15 AM

Well, this certainly came out of nowhere. This looks very interesting. There haven't been enough historical games like these in recent years so it's good to see a non-fantasy game in a unique location.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 07/13/12 06:28 AM

Could certainly be an interesting one !! Thanks, Carla grin
Posted By: venus

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 07/13/12 09:32 PM

Looks potentially interesting. thumbsup Thanks for the info, Carla!
Posted By: cruise02

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 07/13/12 11:36 PM

Um, don't know about this one, that is, if I'll eventually get this game or not. But I reckon time will tell (it always does).
Posted By: vic

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 07/15/12 09:40 AM

Cool! I like games with strong storylines, and judging by the title, this one will have lots of that.

I will wait for the demo as the gameplay often makes or breaks a game for me - if that is too irritating no story can make up for it because I won't make it that far through it!
Posted By: kjos

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/03/13 05:08 PM

Just downloaded the game from GamersGate pretty good game for $10. Wondering if there is a walkthrough. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: Marian

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/03/13 05:15 PM

I'm not finding a walkthrough, but maybe someone else will know better. wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/03/13 05:22 PM

That's a surprise because the release time was supposed to be Novemeber 2013.

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/03/13 05:34 PM

I was surprised when I saw it at GamersGate. I really like the game MaG. Hope somebody will start playing it.
Richard
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/03/13 06:00 PM

I really enjoyed Byzantine - The Betrayal, a crime thriller but also crammed with historical fact. Perhaps this game will be just as good. Thanks Carla thumbsup wave

Bernie happydance
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/03/13 06:10 PM

Is it in English Richard ?

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/03/13 06:13 PM

Sure is Cathy1, Everything with the mouse, point and click.
Richard
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/03/13 06:29 PM

Thank you.
Posted By: margob

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/08/13 02:36 PM

thanks for the info, looks interesting to me, thinking of getting it soon

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/18/13 12:53 AM

This will teach me not to be impulsive:) I just finished the game and first of all I must say that if I could understand Farsi, I'd have enjoyed it, but....the game was really ruined by the translation, which was the worst I have encountered in a game.

In order to progress you have to read lots of documents, diaries, letters, newspapers, books, that seem to be Google-translated. As for the dialogs , they are made even more difficult to understand because of different color fonts used and bad color contrast:(

The graphics were not bad, but the striking thing was that the hero was a youngish dark-haired man and in the cutscenes he appeared older with white hair and a white moustache.
As puzzles go it is quite an easy game , even giving you hints in the diary that solved most of them.

If anyone else has finished it, I would appreciate a list of the right answers at the end of the game. This was the part where you had to review all the info gathered so far and answer a 20-question report.
I couldn't make much sense of either the info or the answers, although I saved and tried for a few times..
I was completely hopeless at this, and it influences the ending, so my hero was unjustly sent to jail:(

Anyway , there goes another decent game "lost in translation"

PS I forgot to mention that it froze quite often, so i had to continuously save in just three saveslots:(

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/18/13 01:32 AM

Sorry you did not enjoy it margo.

Ana wave

Re: Murder in Tehran's Alleys 1933: new Iranian adventure - 09/18/13 02:10 AM

In a way I did, despite the glitches, it's just it could have been do much better that it's a pity it turned out like this, thanks ana:)

margo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community