GB HOMEPAGE

Deponia official English demo now available

Posted By: Carla

Deponia official English demo now available - 07/16/12 05:48 PM

Try before you buy smile

Quote:
Deponia, Daedalic Entertainment’s latest classic PC adventure gaming masterpiece, has just been released on June 29th, and the press has so many positive things to say about this hand-painted point & click beauty. Gamespot calls it “one of the best traditional point-and-click games out there”, rating it 8/10. GamingLives awarded Deponia their “Editor’s Choice” trophy, rating it 9/10, saying “Deponia (…) can stand confidently at the top of the comic adventure heap”, and “Thirteen1” calls it “gorgeus” and “charming, if not bumbling (…) (a la Monkey Island)”.

So this is one PC point & click adventure game you should not miss – if you’re not convinced by now, check out anti-hero Rufus (“I’m like Herpes. A cool version of Herpes.”) and all the other great characters by watching the Trailer or even playing the free demo.

The approximately 700 MB sized demo features scenes of the first chapter of the game and offers between 30 and 45 minutes of gameplay time.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/16/12 05:49 PM

Thanks Carla! wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/16/12 05:57 PM

Thanks Carla!
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/16/12 07:44 PM

I played the demo the other day and I took my time with it. It lasted me 2 1/2 hours. What an excellent game.
Cathy
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/17/12 09:06 AM

Thanks Carla! wave
Posted By: venus

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/17/12 05:59 PM

Thanks for the links, Carla! thumbsup

By the way, is anyone else getting a message preventing the demo from downloading? My computer is warning me about potential malicious software. I assume it's just being overprotective, but I wonder if I'm the only one getting this message?

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/18/12 03:25 PM

Hi Venus
I just tried the download link again and there was no warning on my end.
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/18/12 05:42 PM

Thanks Carla - will try the demo as it has been a very long time since I played an 'adventure game'. I became hooked on casual games! thumbsup wave

Bernie monky
Posted By: Wincey

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/18/12 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bermag45
Thanks Carla - will try the demo as it has been a very long time since I played an 'adventure game'. I became hooked on casual games! thumbsup wave

Bernie monky

Well, hopefully this game will bring you back from the 'dark side'! You want real puzzles and a really good story, only adventure games can give you that wink
Posted By: kjos

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/25/12 03:34 PM

I see Dave at interact has the game. My mistake but it's comming.
Richard

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/25/12 03:49 PM

Hi, Cathy. Sorry I missed your post before. Thanks for the info, and I suppose I'll just try again. It's probably just my computer being overprotective. lol

Kjos, it looks like it is there. thumbsup Expensive, though. I'll have to wait until August mid-month to pick it up. Oh, well, something to look forward to. grin

EDIT: Ah, I realize what the problem was before. There was a download above the demo for a free toolbar, and I'd clicked on it instead. That was sneaky of them. lol Well, I'm downloading the correct file now. thumbsup
Posted By: dianne

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/26/12 06:13 AM

dave at interact cd now has deponia in i have a lot of praise for deponia really enjoying it
dianne happydance
Posted By: Mad

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/26/12 12:21 PM

"i have a lot of praise for deponia really enjoying it "

That's good to hear !!!! bravo

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/26/12 02:43 PM

Yes I agree Dianne. I'm having a blast with the game too.
Cathy
Posted By: Wincey

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 07/27/12 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Mad
"i have a lot of praise for deponia really enjoying it "

That's good to hear !!!! bravo

It's a very good game, one of the best this year.

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 08/07/12 01:03 AM

Is Deponia no longer available at Interact? I had to wait until I got paid to buy it, and it looks like now it's gone. cry Does anyone know if Dave will be getting any more in?
Posted By: MaG

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 08/07/12 01:09 AM

I didn't find it at Interact but Amazon has it here.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 08/07/12 06:31 PM

Venus,
I noticed that too but I had just received my copy from Interact. If you haven't already bought it at Amazon or elsewhere, send Dave an email and ask him. He might be getting more in OR he might still have one around. This same thing happened to me one time and he had one (at least) even though it wasn't listed on the site.

Re: Deponia official English demo now available - 08/07/12 09:28 PM

Thanks for the link, MaG. It's expensive there, though. frown I'll keep it in mind if Dave isn't getting any more in.

Thanks, oldbroad. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: My e-mails to Dave keep getting bounced back. hardwall Does anyone know if his e-mail has changed? help

EDIT 2: Never mind, it went through. I just got a reply from Dave. Strange, since the Mailer Demon said it wasn't going through. crazy

EDIT 3: Okay, I ordered from Amazon. Didn't want that one to disappear, too.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community