GB HOMEPAGE

BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 04:50 PM

An intriquing new game with a very interesting twist!

You can view some screenshots here.

Quote:
What if the things in the night didn't just go bump? BlindSide is a terrifying new audio-only adventure game set in a world you'll never see! BlindSide uses custom audio algorithms to turn any pair of stereo headphones into simulated surround sound. Using only your ears, you’ll to learn how to explore the darkness and make your way through the fully physical world surrounding you. But watch out! There are monsters roaming the dark, and you must find a way to stay alive while trying to unravel the mystery of why you can no longer see. With over 1000 sound effects and pieces of dialogue, challenging gameplay, and a new level of audio-based horror, BlindSide presents the opportunity for both sighted and visually impaired gamers to enjoy an identically nightmare-inducing gameplay experience.

Watch BlindSide's trailer here: http://youtu.be/e3ow20Oj5jQ

Check out BlindSide's gameplay here: http://youtu.be/psoubO0rGd4

Visit BlindSide's website: www.blindsidegame.com

Download BlindSide here: http://www.desura.com/games/blindside

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 04:56 PM

Wow! Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Becky

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 06:45 PM

I like the trailer. Sometimes darkness and spooky sounds are more terrifying than actually seeing the things that go bump. scared

Thanks Ana! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 07:38 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile

But I get lost when I can see !!

Don't think I could cope with this one lol
Posted By: chrissie

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 08:01 PM

Thanks BrownEyedTigre the game looks very interesting! I'm not sure it's for me & I don't have an iPad anyway but it's a wonderful idea for anyone visually impaired. I was wondering how accessible the controls would be but it looks as if they're based entirely on pointing in different directions using an ipad. thumbsup

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 08:10 PM

Chrissie you do not need an iPad it is releasing for pc and Mac this week.

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 08:26 PM

Hi BrownEyedTigre, I didn't see any info in the links as to how the game would work on PC or Mac (sorry if I missed that info) - motion controlled using the mouse? smile

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 09:00 PM

Chrissie, the copntrols are listed on the download link page. It states:

Quote:
BlindSide is an audio-only game that features 3D audio, and should be played while wearing headphones to experience the full 3D effect! Controls: Esc - Exit, W - Forward, S - Backward, A - Turn Left...

Ana wave

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 09:43 PM

Thanks BrownEyedTigre - yes, I can see now from the download link but it really doesn't 'hit you in the face' that the game can be played on PC/Mac. Seeing the control system though my thought was that this is okay for anyone with sight. For anyone visually impaired unless they have touch-typing skills the PC/Mac option is not the best one! smile

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/29/12 10:19 PM

I imagine that the sight impaired are probably better on the keyboard than we are. They have more reason to learn how to type without looking than we do. I unfortunately would be lost indeed. lol
Posted By: oldman

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/30/12 09:34 PM

I have trouble when a game has nighttime scenes let alone no graphics at all.
Posted By: kjos

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/31/12 01:15 AM

I'm hard of hearing,wear glasses and can't type. I think I will pass on this one. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: ikonius

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/31/12 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I imagine that the sight impaired are probably better on the keyboard than we are. They have more reason to learn how to type without looking than we do. I unfortunately would be lost indeed. lol

Very true Ana. I am considered legally blind In my left eye (truth, Chief has met me) and went to a school for the blind back in the 70's. And even though I Could still see, i had to take Braille and cane classes.. just in case...

So you can imagine how excited I am about this game! And it's true: I've learned to type close to 70 words/minute without looking or hunt and pecking grin I'm pretty proud of that.

Edit: in case any of you are wondering, the braille spelling of BLINDSIDE is correct, there's an all-important symbol missing to capitalize the first letter of the word, which is a single solitary dot.

Here's a link to the Omniglot page to help put things in perspective:

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/braille.htm

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/31/12 06:35 PM

Thanks Ikonius, I'd love to hear what you think when you play it.

Ana wave

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/31/12 07:07 PM

my comments will be on your desk smile

i've always had above average hearing. So if the sound quality is as good as they promise (especially depth-wise), I'll have a ball!

here's an example : When I was taking my cane class (blindfolded in my case of course), I could tell you whether the doors were open or closed in a hallway as I was passing them, just by the chnge in sound/air density/echolocation). My best friend who is totally blind, can do it too, and then some. He could give an estimate of how furnished or cluttered a room was.

Maybe I should compare notes with Daredevil hmmm? He better not suggest I bathe in radioactive gunk though laugh

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/31/12 07:33 PM

Wow ikonius -- all that from the sound from a cane!

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/31/12 08:00 PM

not quite Becky. To enhance depth perception you can also whistle or clap your hands. Think of bats. It's about the same principle. You can try this at home too. Go to a cluttered room and an empty room in your home. You'll get my meaning.

EDIT: hang on a sec. you'll love this. Follow this link:

http://www.onoir.com/MTL/en/frames.htm

I went there with some coleagues a couple years ago and you wouldn't believe the pranks i played on them rotfl

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 07/31/12 11:54 PM

An intriguing link! Could I get the fork in my mouth if I couldn't see it? It would be a new exercise in physical coordination. lol

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 08/01/12 12:43 AM

you could, unless said implement ends up in your nose or someone's else's eye OUCH! But something tells me you're way too smart and point the fork away from your face hahha

the most fun I had with my colleagues was turning their plates just as they said they'd figured out where the food was rotfl imagine going for the spuds and you end up pushing your meat off the plate! HECK, they played pranks on me at work, so why not get even devil
Posted By: Leeana

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 08/01/12 01:39 PM

Thanks Ana looks very, very Interesting smile
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: BlindSide Releasing July 31st for Windows & Mac - 08/01/12 02:27 PM

I'll pass on both the game and the restaurant.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community