GB HOMEPAGE

(UPDATE) Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...The Five Cores *Sept. 2012* Video Inside

Posted By: GreyFuss

(UPDATE) Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...The Five Cores *Sept. 2012* Video Inside - 08/06/12 04:38 AM

WOW! - Look At This, Myst Lovers....The Five Cores ***RELEASING SEPT. 2012*** Watch this great Environment Demo Video HERE

Can all the lovers of Myst rejoice in the soon to be released independent game The Five Cores (working title)? If the game plays as well as it looks I think so. Possibly releasing in a month or two. Take a look at the screenshots below (more on web site) and tell me your heart didn't skip a beat...

Quote:
STORY

You appear on a mysterious island and you find a letter from someone who implore your help. Their tragic fate led them into exile in another world. The dreams of a miracle child become real and cause the collapse of the world. You have to wake up the child with magic stones.

Quote:
The need to make a Myst-like game
Like many people I was amazed by Myst in 1993. This game had a unique ambiance, a feeling of total immersion and the rewarding side of the puzzle solving. This is the best selling game in the world until the release of The Sims in 2002. Subsequently, other Myst-like are came out but not so many. It is true that the design of this type of game is not the easiest thing to do and seduce the next generation of player seems very difficult. However, I think many people would like to see a rebirth of this kind of game. So I decide to create one by myself.. It’s not an easy thing to achieve but this could be the first step of a great journey. I hope.

Screenshots...

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Posted By: Wincey

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 04:59 AM

Oh my. It looks positively enticing laugh

We'll have to wait and see. Myst was much more than pretty pictures, and we've had many attempts at a Myst revival which failed.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 12:14 PM

Very Myst-Like indeed! Thanks GreyFuss. wave
Posted By: Mary

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 01:28 PM

Thanks for posting the links to the new game, GreyFuss; I've got my fingers crossed!

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 02:31 PM

Just confirmed that Codename: Hypnosis is, in fact, a...er...um...codename, lol just the working title.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 04:35 PM

lol You mean the word "codename" actually meant something literal?
Posted By: Argyle1968

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 06:23 PM

It looks a lot like that Amaryhs.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 06:28 PM

Thanks, GreFuss smile

I'm not a mad Myst fan - but those very nice screenshots are certainly tempting !! laugh
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 06:29 PM

Yeah, this looks great! While the art isn't technically that great, it looks artistically very good. I look forward!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 07:22 PM

Thanks GreyFuss!
Posted By: Dunn Tawkin

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/06/12 09:00 PM

Nice, thanks

Dunn
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/07/12 05:59 PM

It most certainly looks very Myst/Riven-Like. Thanks Greyfuss - I will look forward to hearing more on this. thumbsup wave

Bernie monky
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/08/12 12:07 PM

Oh thanks Greyfuss! These pics look awesome and take me back to Myst and Riven---hope this game comes out soon and that it has some of that same kind of magic that Myst did. smile

Tracy
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/08/12 04:38 PM

OH boy! looks good! Hope they do water as nice as in Riven-greatly enjoy moving water(if done well) in a game-also hope there is NO Jumping or Timed puzzles thrown in. Hope is good as Riven was AND long, long, long. Something we can get our notebooks out and use! Hope Lots and lots of places to explore and many NOT underground. So much enjoyed the first 3 'myst' games...the last 2 not much-awful drawing on a slate(how time consuming and irritating-almost made me stop playing that game completely), timed stuff that people with stiff joints had such awful problems with-why should you have to ask someone to come over and 'do' a puzzle for you??? pffuii If you are going to have those why not make it so that after several tries (timed or jumping)it auto solves? is that so hard to do??? And please let it be playable on a pc that is not brand spanking new (since most of us cannot afford them)or probably used by NASA. (Go Curiosity!!)
So hoping this finally another game (besides Boake's and Fisher III's) to look forward to playing!
Posted By: marie

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/08/12 07:19 PM

The scrnshots look wonderful Greyfuss, I hope the game will be just as interesting.

Marie smile
Posted By: ikonius

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/08/12 10:35 PM

Ooooh lordy! I wonder which of this one or Cradle will be released first ?

WOW gamenut that's quite a mouthful there. I wonder how you could manage all that WITH your cheeks full of nuts! lol
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/10/12 04:55 PM

Sorry. Just was one of those days of wishing for early Myst-like games and then Greyfuss just had to post about this new game, and.........
I am the 'nut' who keeps Riven on the pc and at the Lagoon area where you can go down those stone steps onto the beach and to the beautiful water, and see the Sunners. Is a mini-vacation for me! Games where you can really get immersed and enjoy the atmosphere are so, so,So, rare now.
Posted By: ikonius

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/10/12 06:20 PM

please don't be sorry. my attempt at levity was to show my wholehearted support smile The lagoon scene is also one of my favorite game maps of all time. Those water effects totally blew me away .
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/10/12 11:53 PM

I still have the Sunner poster by my pc. I see that image every day. Always loved teasing the Sunners. lol

I think its safe to say that they were inspired by all the Myst games. wink
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/11/12 10:39 AM

Greyfuss it looks great! Can't wait to hear more!
Posted By: dogpenny

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/13/12 06:13 PM

Any more information on this game when it might be released?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/13/12 06:19 PM

The developer said he will have an update soon.

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/24/12 04:24 AM

Its official...the name of this game will be "The Five Cores" releasing Sept 2012

Watch this great environment Demo Video

http://neeblagames.com/games/hypnosis/

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/24/12 02:55 PM

Thanks Greyfuss!

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/24/12 10:56 PM

Riven had 5 islands.
I wonder what is meant by "cores."
Volcanic cores?
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/24/12 11:41 PM

Thanks Greyfuss!

Love the screenshots and looking forward to getting this one.

Thanks for sharing!

Koalanut
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/25/12 10:10 AM

I'm sooo excited Greyfuss! The video took me back to Myst! It even had a little touch of the starkness in Rhem. Thanks for the update I can't wait!!
Posted By: UruKat

Re: Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...Codename: Hypnosis - 08/31/12 12:53 AM

SWEEEEEET!!!

Is this for real Greyfuss?? Don't get me all excited and then it not be true. smile

Urukat is ready to play!

Re: (UPDATE) Can Myst Lovers Rejoice???...Maybe...The Five Cores *Sept. 2012* Video Inside - 08/31/12 01:03 AM

Urukat, the developer posted in the last thread you commented in so you can see it's for real.

Official thread on Five Cores.

I will lock this thread to avoid confusion. THanks Greyfuss!

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community