GB HOMEPAGE

Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking!

Posted By: Carla

Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/10/12 10:19 PM

We talked about the infamous Nicolas Eymerich, Inquisitor, long time ago HERE but finally we got some very good news:
Nicolas Eymerich, Inquisitor: The Plague, is scheduled for release on November 2012

Here's more details:

Quote:
Will of steel, heart of stone,intelligence as sharp as a knife and wisdom deep as oblivion.

Nicolas Eymerich, Inquisitor: The Plague, scheduled for release on November 2012, is made up of four video games inspired by the historical figure and the protagonist as well of the famous series of novels written by Valerio Evangelisti, which have been published in all Europe. Playing as the merciless inquisitor, we will be called to investigate on a missing fellow brother in a remote hamlet, filled with dark, disturbing misteries and a deadly plague.

Set up in the southern France of the XIV century, this graphic adventure will lead us among heretics and human derelicts, riddles and schemes, demons and dangers of all sorts to which we will be able to survive only thanks to our wits and Eymerich’s soul of steel.

Diamond point of the Italian indie gaming, Nicolas Eymerich, Inquisitor: The Plague is a high-flyng project that took three years of work of a team made up by Italian veteran developers. As any self-respecting graphic adventure, this game will have a strong narration, well-portrayed, multifaceted characters, around four hours of longevity per episode, particular mixed 2D-3D graphics, state-of-the-art 3D music and sounds, and mind-blowing puzzles. And whoever would like to enjoy the story without the obstacle of the puzzles, will be able to simply choose the Interactive Novel mode, in which they will be automatically solved, to meet the needs of those who have a preference for a less demanding play experience.

The game will be dubbed in Italian, English and… Latin! That’s right: Nicolas Eymerich, Inquisitor: The Plague is the first video game in history fully dubbed in Latin – an experiment in a class by itself, that required an exhaustive philological research. Other than the already mentioned languages, the game will also have German and Frenchs subs. There will be an “audio game” mode for the blind too, that will literally allow to play with eyes shut.

Nicolas Eymerich, Inquisitor: The Plague will be available for PC, Mac and iOS, and later for Android. The iPad3 version will be HD and will have specifically made extra polished graphics.

The first season will be made up of four episodes: The Inquisitor; The Village; The Demon; The Abbey. A deluxe edition, containing them all, is scheduled for 2013.

You can see some new screenshots on our Gallery , visit the amazing Official Website where you will find an in-game trailer, follow the development of the game on the interesting Game Blog, and finally show your appreciation liking the Facebook page.

I'm such a big fan of the Eymerich books that I really can't wait for this game! rah
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/10/12 10:20 PM

Thanks Carla!

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/10/12 11:01 PM

It would be interesting to know how many people will play the game in Latin! Sounds unique. woot
Posted By: Mad

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/10/12 11:13 PM

Sounds good !! yes But will have to be bog standard English for me !! lol

Thanks, Carla smile
Posted By: traveler

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/10/12 11:19 PM

Eymerich certainly doesn't sound like the usual hero in a game! "Author of the Directorium Inquisitorum, the text that turned torture and unlimited power of the Sacred Inquisition into law." shocked

Intriguing!

Gil.
Posted By: Carla

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/11/12 12:04 AM

I'm very surprised that the books by Valerio Evangelisti, the creator of Eymerich, have never been translated in english, but only in french.
He's a "cult" in Italy, I hope the game will be a good excuse for translating into english too wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/11/12 07:21 AM

Thanks Carla! wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/11/12 10:30 AM

Screen shots are great Carla! Sounds like an interesting game!
Posted By: venus

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/11/12 02:05 PM

Wow, they have put a lot of work into this game! Sounds like an interesting story; think I will add it to my list. rah
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/11/12 03:44 PM

Looks fantastic! Thank you Carla!
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Nicolas Eymerich still very alive and kicking! - 08/11/12 11:19 PM

Looks wonderful, thanks so much for sharing about this! I love having something new to look forward to!

Tracy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community